Broad Mites In Colorado

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliRay

CaliRay

I think I'll spray them with some ph water a few days before I get the predator mites

CaliRay

CaliRay

So you don't have any flowering plants or large mother plants? If not you have a good chance of winning. I would repeat that cycle two maybe even 3 times but do it every other day instead of every 3 days. Then I would go with the preditors.
If I go every other day, it won't be to harsh on my plants?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
If I go every other day, it won't be to harsh on my plants?
No that shouldn't be a problem. But you can wait tge 3 days if you choose to.
When I had them dunked them daily avid then forbid then pylon. If you have access to forbid or pylon to add to your arsenal would raise your chances of winning even more.

CaliRay

CaliRay

No that shouldn't be a problem. But you can wait tge 3 days if you choose to.
When I had them dunked them daily avid then forbid then pylon. If you have access to forbid or pylon to add to your arsenal would raise your chances of winning even more.
Judo has the same ingredients that forbid has but alot stronger.

A

AllNine

Im a new rec grower in co and so far all most all the clones i have seen have pest or pm issues. Surprised by some of the names to, got a batch recently with mites from a very well known source, Just Friggin great. Most grows dont want to share good clones or genetics and most are gearing up for summer so market sux. I have 90% of my grow starting from seed now. Going to take longer, but at least i am not starting with someone else's problem child. Anyone out there in co in a metrc opc? Curious to hear more as i dont lurk in the limelight of the industry.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Im a new rec grower in co and so far all most all the clones i have seen have pest or pm issues. Surprised by some of the names to, got a batch recently with mites from a very well known source, Just Friggin great. Most grows dont want to share good clones or genetics and most are gearing up for summer so market sux. I have 90% of my grow starting from seed now. Going to take longer, but at least i am not starting with someone else's problem child. Anyone out there in co in a metrc opc? Curious to hear more as i dont lurk in the limelight of the industry.
This site has more farmers than employees of MMC's, OPC's, MIP's, and all the other letters. What do you want to know about metrc? http://www.metrc.com/

I think most people here already share your opinion on genetics at the shops, and sick clones is no longer the exception.

A

AllNine

I own a OPC, was hoping to meet others on here within the industry to hear other input.

S

SooperSmurph

Killing Broad mites is like curing Hep C, costly and time consuming, these days I microscope every incoming clone, suspicious nubs? Rejected!

Last time I nearly had to smother my garden in Azamax in order to wipe them out, the dosage of azadirachtin those devils require is disgustingly high, three times what the bottle recomends, discovered the method from a study conducted on chili peppers in Brazil.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I can honestly say I have never received a clean cut in my life, it's the main reason I stopped bringing in cuts over two years ago but I wonder if those fuckers can come in on seeds too? Hmmmm..... if seeds are produced in an infested garden do any of you think this possible?
I've been paranoid ever since hearing about these pest, all the nightmare stories and the fact I don't have the $$$ to buy any of the poisons that it takes to kill them has me turning down ever cut I had on my bucket list and growing exclusively from seed but if they can be brought in by seeds too it's time to stop bringing them in as well. MI has the same problem as the west coast it's so bad now Idk if it's greed, naivety, laziness, low key hating or a mixture of the four but when people pass out infected/infested cuts to become a problem for somebody else to deal with it's no bueno..... especially when sourcing cuts from a clone dealer! A time will come when the technology catches up with this nuisance like it has with spider mites & root aphids but until then trust no clone.... I don't care if it's from my momma lol

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Man y'all got me over here icing and scratching... Lmfao I've always grown from seed and this makes me never wanna go clone... I've never had a pest issue but wonder if they can come in on seeds like @symbiote420

xavier7995

xavier7995

I can honestly say I have never received a clean cut in my life, it's the main reason I stopped bringing in cuts over two years ago but I wonder if those fuckers can come in on seeds too? Hmmmm..... if seeds are produced in an infested garden do any of you think this possible?
I've been paranoid ever since hearing about these pest, all the nightmare stories and the fact I don't have the $$$ to buy any of the poisons that it takes to kill them has me turning down ever cut I had on my bucket list and growing exclusively from seed but if they can be brought in by seeds too it's time to stop bringing them in as well. MI has the same problem as the west coast it's so bad now Idk if it's greed, naivety, laziness, low key hating or a mixture of the four but when people pass out infected/infested cuts to become a problem for somebody else to deal with it's no bueno..... especially when sourcing cuts from a clone dealer! A time will come when the technology catches up with this nuisance like it has with spider mites & root aphids but until then trust no clone.... I don't care if it's from my momma lol

Something I am adding to my repertoire is to wash seeds in hydrogen peroxide...and maybe some other stuff as well...before popping them. Go in a different room, dump seeds into cleaning solution, wash, and then sprout.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I would use just the straight 3% you can get easily at the drug store. Here is a pretty good article that details various approaches. Utterly failing at copy/paste, hopefully the below works. if not I just googled "hydrogen peroxide seed pathogen" and it is the pdf that comes up. Per that, 30 minutes or so in 3% should help out, will also help with germ rates if that is an issue you face. H202 should be sufficient, but I may do a bleach water rinse as well, haven't really decided yet.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...J6vjej5Ft4KBMUfpQ&sig2=PcXptb3ytjf5KXUuKYWr5A

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yeah, no where in the state seems to get solid reviews from more than maybe 1 person, sucks. I caught some pm off of clones from a reputable shop, so no more. Still happy to accept cuts from friends, at least then you know what they used to try and treat for the issue and it is more of a "eh, this stuff happens" than the fury inducing times it happens when you buy a product from a store. I just expect a place that sells clones to take a bit of pride in their work and not sell garbage, but well so far haven't had any luck there.

Also, hello and welcome to this fine community of growing enthusiasts.

S

SooperSmurph

I would use just the straight 3% you can get easily at the drug store. Here is a pretty good article that details various approaches. Utterly failing at copy/paste, hopefully the below works. if not I just googled "hydrogen peroxide seed pathogen" and it is the pdf that comes up. Per that, 30 minutes or so in 3% should help out, will also help with germ rates if that is an issue you face. H202 should be sufficient, but I may do a bleach water rinse as well, haven't really decided yet.
A few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the cup you're using to soak your seeds before planting not only helps with pathogens but also assists with softening the outer seed coat, thereby speeding germination :) H2O2 and a single drop of Superthrive has been my seed popping potion for years, always serves me well, especially with sensitive or hard to pop beans.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Last time I nearly had to smother my garden in Azamax in order to wipe them out, the dosage of azadirachtin those devils require is disgustingly high, three times what the bottle recomends, discovered the method from a study conducted on chili peppers in Brazil.
Nice tip, thanks. Can we expect no resistance using this on BMs as is the case with spider mites?
Something I am adding to my repertoire is to wash seeds in hydrogen peroxide...and maybe some other stuff as well...before popping them. Go in a different room, dump seeds into cleaning solution, wash, and then sprout.
A bleach wash (mild!) can help difficult seeds to germinate, too.

S

SooperSmurph

Nice tip, thanks. Can we expect no resistance using this on BMs as is the case with spider mites?

A bleach wash (mild!) can help difficult seeds to germinate, too.
Their resistance is already as high as I think a mite's could possibly be to the substance, considering that they take 45mls per gallon of azamax to send into a negative population growth rate, it shouldn't be possible for them to become immune as happens with chemicals.

Top Bottom