Broadmites 3 weeks into flower...keep or toss?

• Thread starter thetreegrowerrr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr roboto

mr roboto

Tahoe1
20131127 174736
20131127 174736
lol I feel you on that, I had a hard time giving stuff up.....here is a pic of a clone only tahoe, the mom was infected with bm before and sprayed with avid,forbid,sc spinosade,indicate 5 and triple action neem. The mothers were all cleaned up and 6 months later took cuts and grew out the tahoe. The thing looked good but lacked trichs and smelled like hay big time. I chopped her at day 39 and trashed her .....actually I just threw it in a box and that was a month ago.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was gonna mention OG biowar foliar pack but it looks like you found it already. 2x a week full strength applications. Can use up to harvest if you don't worry about budrot.

neverbreak

neverbreak

I was gonna mention OG biowar foliar pack but it looks like you found it already. 2x a week full strength applications. Can use up to harvest if you don't worry about budrot.

are ya sayin usin the foliar pack up to harvest can cause budrot cap?

neverbreak

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

. I also soaked the whole room
In forbid at 10mls a gallon sprayed the buckets everything all crooks and crannys I did that twice as well...with the atomizer on full blast!! I'm gonna continue too look everyday with the loop and see if I spot anything. I'm gonna order a kilo of this shit spray everyweek on new crops from now on. The forbid 4f says it kills broadmites they say 2mls a gallon I did 10mls! Haha drenched the room!

not a smart move homie...i heard forbid doesnt do shit anywayz,, just avid works. And i would never drench a room with that toxic shit. :wtf:

If anything try sns217 might work but probably burn your pistils.

Your fuc/ked start over. og is hard enough to grow right without broads,.

Billygoat

Billygoat

As roboto has already posted. They inject something into the plant. This is what causes the issue. It's not the feeding on the plant but the toxin they inject into the plant. This is what causes the issues. Like I've said before. I've dealt with these little devils for close to two years and tried everything. Read every piece of info and studies from major universities.

If they are in flower. You want to trash them. I would never smoke or donate anything that has been sprayed or treated. I only treat plants that where in veg stage. When I use to do all the cannabis events and sell seeds. I would talk with people at the events and they would think I'm crazy. The didn't think there was a bug like this out there. The biggest problem with these bugs. Is you don't see them like a normal mite, and growers thinks everything is fine. That is there first mistake. Next mistake is they start off treating it like the double spotted spider mite. Because these two mites are not in the same family. The normal treatments don't work.

Forbid and Avid both works. Use as direction and your fine. People have been using these products for gardens and tree's for some time and works well. We use both up here, and rotate, because bugs up here are use to allot. Damn! double spotted mite up here are mutants up here, but I'd deal with them over broadmites any day.

Best of luck and Happy Holidays everyone.
BG

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I know your not going to want to hear this, but. I had them roughly for two years and didn't know it. BG
As roboto has already posted. They inject something into the plant. This is what causes the issue. It's not the feeding on the plant but the toxin they inject into the plant. This is what causes the issues.

Best of luck and Happy Holidays everyone.
BG

Makes me wonder if I might have them without knowing it :confused:
I dont have anything in flower (about to harvest green house)
I guess I could spray forbid and avid..but that shits expensive!:depressed:

Might just have to try the OG Bio war 1st

Billygoat

Billygoat

$19.00 bucks for a small bottle. You don't need to buy that large normal size bottle. Unless, your spraying tree's or a farm. Here's a link and never spray while in flower. If I remember correctly. It's takes 4 weeks for the forbid to break down and pass through the plant.

Good luck,
BG

mr roboto

mr roboto

Makes me wonder if I might have them without knowing it :confused:
I dont have anything in flower (about to harvest green house)
I guess I could spray forbid and avid..but that shits expensive!:depressed:

Might just have to try the OG Bio war 1st
Ken,

Trust me , you will know if you have them. On infected plants the new growths will grow very spindley and you will know something is wrong right off the bat. If you worry too much about it then your gonna get yourself so paranoid you will do desprate things and cause damage when the problem never existed in the first place.
If you ever do get them then consider everything toast and start all over, thats why you should have a trusted buddy hold onto your favorite cuts for backup.
Oh yeah .....SCREW the poisons unless you have the proper saftey equipment like a good respirator but another thread here taught me of the lingering toxins left after a whole year so i'm gonna be hesitant on spraying strong stuff like that again.
The heat method is the safest and best way to eliminate them (after plants are tossed) , just toss all your ducting,filters and fans inside your grow room and bake the hell out of it with the hps/mh on and multiple personal heaters (most have auto shut off) if the tent or room is small enough and get the heat up to 130 for a few hours. That will kill eggs and anything living hanging around. NEVER use propane heaters!!!

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

They are just getting worse by the day. The plants are going into week 4 tomorrow but they look like week 2. The broad mites have just drained them. It's very sad! 12 lights worth down the can! I'm gonna take them down tomorrow. It's the lingering toxins in the plant that you can't beat! I'm gonna bomb the whole room with pylon foggers says it kills the broad mite. I don't have any heaters I have bare hps bulbs but I don't know if the room will get that hot from just the lights? Will a super strong batch of bleach water work if I soak down everything or should I just spray everything down with avid? My next batch of clones which I pick up on sat will be fully dipped in avid the whole clone. Super strong dose. I'm gonna do that 3 times in 1 day letting them dry out in between sessions. Then I'm gonna do it for another day. Total of 2 days of dipping. I don't know what else too do. These things are the death of cannabis. I see them fucking up a lot of growers shit within the next year. I have been growing for 9 years and never experienced these bitches! When you gotta trash 12 lights its makes you want to quit growing for awhile but you gotta push through the bullshit. I am also gonna spray full dose OG biowar when the new clones start growing on a weekly basis. I ordered kilo of root and foliar pack. I could soak the room with really hot water too before I replant. Heavy bleach wash then hot water soak then avid soak a few days later. Then bomb with pylon foggers for 2 days should do it.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

View attachment 355093 View attachment 355094 View attachment 355094 lol I feel you on that, I had a hard time giving stuff up.....here is a pic of a clone only tahoe, the mom was infected with bm before and sprayed with avid,forbid,sc spinosade,indicate 5 and triple action neem. The mothers were all cleaned up and 6 months later took cuts and grew out the tahoe. The thing looked good but lacked trichs and smelled like hay big time. I chopped her at day 39 and trashed her .....actually I just threw it in a box and that was a month ago.
She looked good! But not what you were used too I'm guessing.

mr roboto

mr roboto

has anyone ever sucessfully eliminated broad mite infestations with OG Biowar? If it does the same for bm as it does for root ahids,I would love to see magnified pictures of it attacking the bm.If biowar works then that would be the greatest product on the face of the earth.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
has anyone ever sucessfully eliminated broad mite infestations with OG Biowar? If it does the same for bm as it does for root ahids,I would love to see magnified pictures of it attacking the bm.If biowar works then that would be the greatest product on the face of the earth.

A few people have told me it worked for them. I have never had them nor do I want them around for trial testing.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

It worked for me I can't take magnified pics but they were crusted over under the loop when I looked very cool. Very similar too what it does too root aphids. That stuff is very powerful. I'm gonna make it a weekly routine in the res and foliar weekly. I ordered kilo of both foliar and root packs. Pic of root aphids after a morning dose with foliar and root tea brew. Does the same to broadmites and spider mites order the small one and just try it next time you get any spider mites or anything use at full dose. In flower your just fucked with broadmites like my situation.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
It worked for me I can't take magnified pics but they were crusted over under the loop when I looked very cool. Very similar too what it does too root aphids. That stuff is very powerful. I'm gonna make it a weekly routine in the res and foliar weekly. I ordered kilo of both foliar and root packs. Pic of root aphids after a morning dose with foliar and root tea brew. Does the same to broadmites and spider mites order the small one and just try it next time you get any spider mites or anything use at full dose. In flower your just fucked with broadmites like my situation. View attachment 355846

Holy sht bro that pic is awesome. Those RA got their asses handed to them.

mr roboto

mr roboto

its looked good but it was def lacking smells and trichs
Thats the problem with BM...the damage they do even when they arent present IS JUST A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!! its so frusterating and disappointing that There is no way that I have found out that will fix the problem fully since I guess its a sort of newer problem pest and not much is really known about them.

MysteryChild

MysteryChild

Cry and start over unfortunately
Broad mites are no fun at all

Latest posts

Top Bottom