Broke but still growing!!

• Thread starter shagy64221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shagy64221

To make this short and sweet...I am broke! But have some clones and trying to grow them anyways.No equipment or anything for growing indoors.So I just grab what I could and put it togeather and this is what I got : Plant Lights 4- 17w grow lights(under the cabinets style) 2- 65w single grow lights 2- 65 CFL soft light All clones in 5 gallon buckets with soil from my backyard.The only other thing I use is miracle grow sticks,cheap. Now the ladies: 1 Chem Dawg,1Humboldt Purple, 1 Casey Jones, 1 Sour Diesel, 1 Trainwreck, 2 Skunks #1, 3Purple Kush, 1 Strawberry X Deep Chunk, 1 Gods Gift.. Started in Oct.10th,2010.. The pic was taken a few weeks later!!

Picture 139
Picture 140
Picture 141
S

shagy64221

Ladies today

I have only water once in a week.The temp outside is below frezzing here right now and for the next week. They are on a 18/6 light cycle. The temp inside the box is around 70 and I have where they are on during the coldest part of the day,in morning and lights off and in the dark during the warmest part.Seems to grow a inch evryday!!

Picture 151
Picture 152
Picture 153
NeoMarius

NeoMarius

You look to have the foundation set for some healthy plant's. I would be concerned about the lights though. When I was in highschool a friend tried his hand at botany and was able to grow some 12 inch tall tooth picks due to the low lumens being transmited. Best tip is go to a garden center and get a Ph moisture and light meter. All in one cheap as hell and will break the first time you drop it, but it has a sensor that is actualy reliable with an acceptable degree of fluctuation. It also will tell you your soil ph and moisture level. Honestly I would spend 30- 60 dollars on some 1ft t5's and daisy chain them together about an inch from the tops and as they grow and bush out, place the individual bulbs throughout the garden at mid hight. One foot long T5 lights are cheap to purchase as well as run,not to mention easy to place strategically thats why I have ten of them.

:hunter:

R u redie 4 war
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Well fuck. If it's growing you must be doing something right. Can you spend like $10 on some kelp, guano, etc... ? Anyways, seems to be a good start.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree i would get more lights. thats way to many plants for the amount of light you have. if your gonna go into bloom with what you got i would pick the best 8 or 9 tops and flower them out, keep the other ones vegging under another light to throw in when these are done. since the pots are so big for the size plants you got i would give smaller doses of water. get used to the feel of the pot when its light/dry. this will keep the roots growing as they search out water.

reloader

reloader

I agree you need more light to really get any harvest, but I would look on E-bay and try and find a budget hps system. I know you said your broke but you can find a working used 1000 hps system for about $125 if you look hard enough. I know because I scoured E-bay for light systems(still do) ,when I bought mine.

You will gain so much more then $125 in yield. IMO
Otherwise it looks like you got a good area for them.
Good Luck

S

Steve Z

yo dude and those 9 dollar walmart lights start on fire. they are very very unsafe and horrible lights. use them for aquariums. they are ALL plastic and look man they flex and are so unsafe i would not use them. i used them for like 2 weeks when i started years ago and walked in on a fire.

word of advice man.

deadcat

deadcat

nice, I would just keep them outside. You're in CA, they will start to flower, 12 dark cycle will continue until they are complete (think 12/21/10 is the shortest day of the year, then days start to get longer). Just water them regularly. Get some fert if you can.

S

shagy64221

Still going!!

Change 4 lights too 100W 1600Lummens each I got for a buck at the goodwill.Now thats a total of 7600 Lummens for lights runing.I put them out in the sun when its out.Got a 1000W light comeing in a few days. I had several rifles a friend wanted and I needed lights,so sold them for 500.00.No fires yet,thanks for the warning,keeping my one and only eye on it.

Picture 164
Picture 163
Picture 161
S

shagy64221

Got some sun!!!

The ladies out getting a sunbath today!! Water with rain water I been collecting.

Picture 170
Picture 171
Picture 168
R

redneck1

You go bro!I know about being broke,got some things and out of others,slow goin but it will turn around,keep on keepin on,Good luck and keep up the karma.

S

shagy64221

Thanks all!!

This is going to be a slow and poorman's grow but it well grow!!Got some free wood and will start on a real growroom this weekend.Pic's well be taken before,during and of course after its built.Actually two rooms,a main room 10 x 10 and a 5 x 10 for cloneing or seeding.Also got 10 gallons of flat white paint for free too that should cover the walls.

S

shagy64221

First Clone Try!!

I seen a low branch that was not going to get to much light on one of my Purple Kush's.So figure instead of just throwing it a way,lets see if it will grow.Its been 4 days and its seems too be staying alive.If it takes off I will go ahead a put a purple kush into flower.Getting low on the stash,be out in a week or so.First time I ran out in this entire year since I started growing myself.I smoke about 5 to 6 pounds to my head this year,so far!!

Picture 176
S

shagy64221

Update

The ladies getting sun,finally.Still going with the same weak lighting system so far no fires.The clone still looking good,might make it .Watering with rain water only once a week.First pic. Strawberry X Deep Chunk 2nd pic. Skunk#1 3rd pic. Cassey Jones

Picture 192
Picture 193
Picture 194
Picture 195
Picture 196
Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Update

Water day, the rain & wind was lite and they needed some juice.Gave up on the 3 purple kush's,put them too flowering.Figure get what I can off them.Damage all three when a light fell on them.

DSC01322
DSC01323
DSC01324
Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Few More Pics

Added a few more CFL to get more growth!! Last one is my pest patrol doing thier rounds!!

DSC01325
DSC01326
DSC01327
DSC01328
DSC01329
DSC01330
DSC01333
Picture 197
B

BipolarHiRoller

Added a few more CFL to get more growth!! Last one is my pest patrol doing thier rounds!!

LOL CHICKENS! ahahaha thats awsome bro! Damn I wish I lived in a part of california that i could grow outdoors. We gatta move in June of next year but I have no idea where's good in cali for outdoor growin.

Good luck with the girls bro, loooking beatiful so far, hows buildin those grow rooms comin?

Latest posts

Top Bottom