Brown bud sites and mold outdoors, did I wait too long to harvest? Help, please..

• Thread starter Califlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Califlower

Califlower

It was going fairly well, flowering was ok, except some purple leaves and leaves being eaten.

Now I have found some buds to be brown, and yikes, some mold, I think!

I have ordered a mini microscope to look at them better.

Should I remove the bad parts and proceed, harvest, or what?

See pics:

Brown bud sites and mold outdoors did i wait too long to harvest help please
Brown bud sites and mold outdoors did i wait too long to harvest help please

I hope you can see it ok.

Brown bud sites and mold outdoors did i wait too long to harvest help please 2
Bannacis

Bannacis

That bud rot for sure, it will only spread, harvest and seperate as best as you can, make some budder.
it will spread on the inside of your bud turning it to mush....any bud that has this in it might have mold in some areas that you can only see when you break it up. So cut out all the brown nasty on/in the buds as use to make budder or hash.
Check all buds carefully.
Im guessing your outdoors, check any other plants for same.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Agreed with Bannacis. Use H202 to kill the mold, too. The purpling of the leaves isn't a problem at all. However, that plant looks rather dense, from what I can make out, and that may present other issues as you dig into it. Definitely though, cut that molded stuff OUT ASAP and treat with peroxide or something similar (fungicide) that's safe for consumption.

jaredman

jaredman

also I would use a plastic bac and place it over the branch then hold the bottom closed where you will be removing to try and keep from spreading spores. hydrogen peroxide works great and I usually scrub it with a toothbrush. you are pretty much at a point where spraying anything just adds moisture to the buds and the rot is inside so you can't really get at it anyways so spraying imo just makes wet buds and breeds more mold at this stage

Califlower

Califlower

Thanks all. I harvested the next day, I didn't use a plastic bag, but that's a good idea, thanks.

Every branch had rot, I had to pull it apart carefully to check. That's a great idea about making budder.

Trimming took forever, but at least everything didn't rot.

My other plants are ok, but this was the shortest plant, the others have some stretch, they are different kinds.

Califlower

Califlower

There were pill bugs nearby. Do they like fresh fan leaves because something ate them a bit. I read pill bugs like rotting vegetation. I guess they liked my buds.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pill bugs will eat very tender seedlings, but not mature leaves. At this time of year there are many bugs/insects/critters that will find cannabis leaves nice and juicy.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
My Pill Bugs/Sow Bugs hang out and party in the lower parts of the plants at night,
seemingly to avoid the ground wet from dew.
I've never seen any damage that can be attributed to them;
except for newly-emerged seedlings--
as noted...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When I was about 4yo, I had a thing for pill bugs. I loved them, I don't know why. Neither can I explain why I put one in my ear. Mom had to take me to the doctor to get the pillbug outta my ear.

Califlower

Califlower

I read on Wikipedia that pill bugs are cherished by children to keep as pets, go figure. Of course, I played with them as all children do.

Well, I got another plant with mold. This one wasn't as dense, but it was next to the moldy one. I found one mold/rot site. I checked about 4 times, and I couldn't find any more. This was on the biggest and tallest cola, so I took it and I am watching the rest carefully.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you got some hydrogen peroxide on hand? And rubbing alcohol. I use straight rubbing alcohol for spider mites when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to bother mixing it with water. Just pop a sprayer on the bottle and spritz away. Does zero damage to the plants.

So maybe I was trying to keep a pet in my ear...

Califlower

Califlower

I used some rubbing alcohol, thanks. It didn't stop it from spreading, but growing OG Kush outdoor in the fog can be risky, I guess. I wonder if a cold frame would help...

Top Bottom