Brown Ring On A Few Stems

• Thread starter jonnyonthespotaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

just went out to check my lone girl..she looks extremely healthy with no signs of distress..but...I happened to notice this weird brown ring around a few of the main stems..after some quick research I seem to believe it is stem rot..it is higher up on the plant..any advice for eradication or to slow it down woukd b greatly appreciated..peace
Brown ring on a few stems
Brown ring on a few stems 2

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

This is outdoors..watered once a week with 5ml GO Bloom, 7.5 ml big bud, 5ml nirvana..this is from seed..bout 5 feet tall..4 months old..collected rainwater is used..directly in ground..soil is equal parts peat, chunky DE, EWC mushroom compost and top soil..no foliar..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not so sure it's stem rot, but if so I'd say spray some H2O2 onto the site and see what happens. The pattern is *so* regular, I honestly wonder if some sort of bugular wasn't chewing around the stem.

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

@Seamaiden thanks for the tidbit..do I do straight h2o2 or do I need to dilute?is it just ur regular everyday that u buy in the pharmacy section?

Could I also use it as a root drench in case it may b something in the soil?and if so at what rate would u recommend?

Last edited:
jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

@ShroomKing thank u..I know it's not a tie off bruise cuz I haven't done that yet but would make absolute sense if I did..hopefully maybe it just is bugs which I can deal with..if I were to use h202 like @Seamaiden had recommended what woukd b a proper dosage for a root drench and a spray?from what I've read it seems pretty beneficial in a sense and wouldn't harm her unless of course it was to much..thanks..peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden thanks for the tidbit..do I do straight h2o2 or do I need to dilute?is it just ur regular everyday that u buy in the pharmacy section?

Could I also use it as a root drench in case it may b something in the soil?and if so at what rate would u recommend?
I would pop a sprayer top onto the bottle (I just use 3%) and spritz the affected areas only. I would not treat the soil with it at this time. If it fizzles at the damage site then it's cleaning something up. But... looking again at these pix, I'm thinking it's a bugular of some sort. I'm gonna go do some searching.

Ok, I cannot find anything that resembles these marks. How's the plant looking? If it's growing well, looks healthy, I say not to sweat it too much for now. Have Bt and spinosad on hand, for sure.

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

I would pop a sprayer top onto the bottle (I just use 3%) and spritz the affected areas only. I would not treat the soil with it at this time. If it fizzles at the damage site then it's cleaning something up. But... looking again at these pix, I'm thinking it's a bugular of some sort. I'm gonna go do some searching.

Ok, I cannot find anything that resembles these marks. How's the plant looking? If it's growing well, looks healthy, I say not to sweat it too much for now. Have Bt and spinosad on hand, for sure.

She looks as healthy as can..no noticeable distress at all..just for shit n giggles tho I'm gonna go spray one spot n c what happens..I'll keep u posted..thanks everyone for the help..peace

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

So I sprayed the few rings that are on my girl and no fizzling..checked her yesterday and still no noticeable distress..she's still perky and growing soooooo..I guess I kinda wait and go forth and c what happens..

showmegreen

showmegreen

So I sprayed the few rings that are on my girl and no fizzling..checked her yesterday and still no noticeable distress..she's still perky and growing soooooo..I guess I kinda wait and go forth and c what happens..
Please keep us in tha know about this. I'm very interested in tha outcome. Never seen it never in weed and like Ta know incase its damaging. Knowledge of your enemy is tha best preemptive defense against yer enemy.

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

Sorry no pics rite now..but I did go out to water her today and she is still perky, some normal yellowing of the bottom and a few chewed up leaves from some critters but other than that she is healthy..I did notice right above where these brown rings r there seems to almost whitish colored bumps or callusous..from the top of the rings these teeny tiny little bumps callouses whatever extend maybe an inch and stop..I'll try n get some close up pics if I can

KeystonerFMX

KeystonerFMX

Premium Farmer
Supporter
I have had this a few times in the past couple years on my outdoor... I'm not sure the cause, but it is definitely is harmful IME. The affected branch slowly starts dying off while the remainder of the plant stays healthy. Eventually I just have to cut the branch off because they will never finish properly. It seems to be more prevalent once flower has started.. can't recall seeing it while still vegging. Here are some pics from it happening right now on my Tres Dawg IX..

IMG 20150826 185625024 brown ring in the center of photo...

IMG 20150826 185609185 the leaves on the branch showing discoloration..

IMG 20150826 185556074 rest of the plant green and healthy..

H

happy b

I know what that is...its just your morning glory plant....lol.just pullin your leg marlee.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Looks like a mini corn/cut worm to me but I've never seen it in weed before. I'm not saying chop on your baby but bet there's a lil bugger baby in those white things. They sure do tha same Ta corn. Kill slowly everythin above the ring. Idk? My ass would be playing mad scientist right naw. Scope, lab coat, pocket pertecter an all. Wat region/zone you in? Americas? Sure wanna know.

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

Looks like a mini corn/cut worm to me but I've never seen it in weed before. I'm not saying chop on your baby but bet there's a lil bugger baby in those white things. They sure do tha same Ta corn. Kill slowly everythin above the ring. Idk? My ass would be playing mad scientist right naw. Scope, lab coat, pocket pertecter an all. Wat region/zone you in? Americas? Sure wanna know.

On the east coast and surrounded by corn..sooooo...might go out tomorrow and take a little lookie closer c n c what I can come up w..

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

So I made a little trip out yonder today and think I have come across the culprit of these mysterious rings..as I was looking on the inside of the plant and inspecting the rings I started to go look at the next spot and lo and behold directly on the ring was a little group of ants..soooooo I have come to the conclusion that ants r the culprit of this problem..so I through a few ant traps around the base and called it good

Latest posts

Top Bottom