• Thread starter honda power 420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

honda power 420

first ill start with my set up
2x 1000 watt light 8" air-cooled
2x 4x4 flood table
500 gph mag drive pump(pump was running 24/7)
advanced nutes (jungle juice)
16 plants per 4x4
lots of fans moving air around in the room

i woke up to lots of brown rusty spots on my leaves this morning the plants were wilting and the past 3 days leaves have been turning leathery and glossy my first thoughts were mold but after thinking about it im wondering if it could be over watering or a nute deficiency. i was running my pump 24/7 but i changed that to 15 mins on/ 15 mins off. changed my rez and cleaned and sterilized it hand washed the leaves with the lights off i tried everything i can think of and wont know for sure if it worked till tonight or tomorrow but iv done so much im not sure im going to know exactly what worked if anything...

any thoughts or advice would be appreciated..

Brown rusty spots with leathery wilted leaves
Brown rusty spots with leathery wilted leaves 2
Brown rusty spots with leathery wilted leaves 3
Brown rusty spots with leathery wilted leaves 4
Brown rusty spots with leathery wilted leaves 5
Brown rusty spots with leathery wilted leaves 6
sedate

sedate

first ill start with my set up
2x 1000 watt light 8" air-cooled
2x 4x4 flood table
500 gph mag drive pump(pump was running 24/7)
advanced nutes (jungle juice)
16 plants per 4x4
lots of fans moving air around in the room

Okay. Sounds okay so far.

Do you know what your EC/ppm is? pH levels?

i woke up to lots of brown rusty spots on my leaves this morning the plants were wilting and the past 3 days leaves have been turning leathery and glossy my first thoughts were mold but after thinking about it im wondering if it could be over watering or a nute deficiency. i was running my pump 24/7 but i changed that to 15 mins on/ 15 mins off. changed my rez and cleaned and sterilized it hand washed the leaves with the lights off i tried everything i can think of and wont know for sure if it worked till tonight or tomorrow but iv done so much im not sure im going to know exactly what worked if anything...

First of all - your blocks there look pretty nice. It is not overwatering - a minor nute issue but you are not in any sort of mortal danger by any means.

You are probably a tick low on P for whatever strain that is - but don't worry yourself to much.

Secondly - when clones like this are this smallish they are pretty bitchy - so don't worry so much about every little wilt or yellow leaf or whatever. As the roots build mass they won't be so sensitive.

Prescription:

1) Don't worry so much you are doing well. Any fixes will take a few days and be manifest in new growth. The existing spots will not "go away" or "heal"

2) Mix a light general veg foliar at 350ish PPMs @ a pH or 6.5 and spray twice a day.

3) Raise your lights a bit

4) Do that for a few days and post back with results/questions

sedate

sedate

hondapower said:
i was running my pump 24/7 but i changed that to 15 mins on/ 15 mins off. changed my rez and cleaned and sterilized it hand washed the leaves with the lights off i tried everything i can think of and wont know for sure if it worked till tonight or tomorrow

You know I reread that a few times and can't quite tell what you saying as far as your water supply goes - but with smaller clones in rockwool like that you shouldn't keep them submerged all the time. Definitely some dry time for rockwool blocks like that.

H

hondapower420

Sorry I left out a few things strain is critical kush ph is consistantly 5.8 and ppm's are around 800 and today is much worse. My leaves are drying up and fallin off ill post some new pics shortly when I go to town… it's a top feed system no rockwol just hydroton rocks

H

hondapower420

And my leaves are getting so leathery and glossy I've never seen my leaves do this that bad before

sedate

sedate

Sorry I left out a few things strain is critical kush ph is consistantly 5.8 and ppm's are around 800 and today is much worse. My leaves are drying up and fallin off ill post some new pics shortly when I go to town… it's a top feed system no rockwol just hydroton rocks

HOLY FUCK there honda you have cutouts in particle board. That only sort of is the color of rockwool.

Wow I was blearly eyed when I typed that.

But drats on the plant situation.

Definately more pics. And show us the roots.

H

honda power 420

so brown spots have stopped but now leaves are curling and drying up leathering is still happening even on new growth... the most rooted ones are the most affected as well. and lights are 23" from plants tops.. ill try a foliar spray later on today

IMG 0009
IMG 0011
IMG 0012
IMG 0015
IMG 0016
IMG 0019
IMG 0021
IMG 0017
IMG 0018
IMG 0013
IMG 0014
IMG 0024
IMG 0025
H

honda power 420

oh im also using coco mats in one and a half of the tables. never tried these before but i like the concept it doesnt really look like its making a difference tho all the pants are dying off

jkbeing

jkbeing

Have you noticed any mold,stemrot, or bad smells? I think that wood could have a bit of mold, that or your too heavy on your ppm. Good luck getting it solved!

H

honda power 420

a little stem rot ya, no mold or bad smells either ill back the ppm down to 600 and see if that helps

H

honda power 420

just an update i fixed my issues im pretty sure.... my hygrometer was broken reading about 60% permanently when it was about 23% i got it back up to 70% and things are looking a lot better

E

exileoner420

is that plywood in contact with any water?? It might release toxins from the glue to make it if its always wet. Also if its always wet it will breed mold!!!

Top Bottom