Brown slime on roots in UC

• Thread starter Miggs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capfan

Capfan

i like the dunking each pot idea, its feasible with 6 small plants.. hopefully your bennies hurry up !

Miggs

Miggs

Bennies arrived in 2 days from coast to coast! Tea has been brewing for 16 hours. Couldn't get the Physan locally so I ended up bleaching, draining and cleaning. Picked up some h2o2 so its here if needed. System is refilled and at 5.7/.5/68 and I will be adding the bennies as soon as the tea is done. I will be starting a diary on this grow next week. Thanks for all the info farmers!!!!

Capfan

Capfan

Well, keep in mind its around what, 2 days for peroxide to disappear right? if so id hate for you to throw those bennies into that... Perhaps a fresh rez with the bennies is the best route?

Edit : Reading comprehension ftw.

Miggs

Miggs

By the time I got back to the computer to read about the peroxide, everything was done so it was not used this time. I was thinkin any residual bleach would have disappeared by now.

BlackBart

BlackBart

Oxidate is what works best for these types of setups if used properly . Heat and PH will make your roots dark as well.

UC Quest

UC Quest

I have started my first run in the UC. My plants are in a bubble tray. I just saw the begining of this brown slime. Not all plants have the brown slime but if some do it would make ense they will all get it. My water temps are 65 degrees.

From reading this post it was suggested to reduce water temperatures to below 60 to start with.
I have done this.

I have emailed ogbiowar to purchase their product to comabt this. Is there anything I can use in the mean time to help my situation out?

I have been using nothing but nutrients up untill now

Is there something I can use from the get go, from now on so this does not happen again?

Does using the Curent Culture Nutrients program with their UC Roots prevent this?

Thanks so much to everyone who responds and lends a helping hand. This is so disheartning at such an early stage of learning and trying to master the UC system :( I suppose it's better it happens right to begin with so I can understand how to avoid this for the future :)

Thanks again to those who help

UC Quest

UC Quest

In your opinion which way is less-problematic and a smoother way to go, tea or sterile please on an ongoing basis to achieve optimal results :)

Capfan

Capfan

I Use a EWC Tea, but you will need to decide to go the sterile route or add bennies, the Tea i have to make every 3 /4 days, the UC roots would be right out of the bottle

Papa

Papa

Supporter
In your opinion which way is less-problematic and a smoother way to go, tea or sterile please on an ongoing basis to achieve optimal results :)

i'm now trying the hybrid, sterile below the waterline and tea in the root crown. so far, so good.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

my opinion . everything has to be totally clean and sterile from the get go .
i would and do run sterile .CS nutes and UC roots follow the chart .
water produces optimal oxygen between 65 and 68 deg.
i personally want to someday run tea in a live system .been researching for a year, i am ready .
BUT i get great results running sterile .why fix something that isn't broke

if you going to go with tea i would suggest some type of media (lava rocks ect.) for the beneficial bacteria to colonize . you can throw it in epic .

Capfan

Capfan

my opinion . everything has to be totally clean and sterile from the get go .
i would and do run sterile .CS nutes and UC roots follow the chart .
water produces optimal oxygen between 65 and 68 deg.
i personally want to someday run tea in a live system .been researching for a year, i am ready .
BUT i get great results running sterile .why fix something that isn't broke

if you going to go with tea i would suggest some type of media (lava rocks ect.) for the beneficial bacteria to colonize . you can throw it in epic .
---------------

Im adding or want to rather, add some lava rock to the epicenter, should i just get some good ole fashion lava rock, rinse it, bubble it in some EWC tea and throw it all in the epi?

Capfan

Capfan

With the lava rock in a panty hose that is, not just runnin around..

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

sounds like a good idea to bubble them in some tea .
i dont know about the panty hose ?
all though when i was looking at media balls they came in bags .

Top Bottom