Brown spots spreading fast, help!

• Thread starter nopami
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Are those still the same fan leaves from your original post? And don’t get discouraged, that plant has plenty of life left. Maybe a banana peel tea, to boost potassium.

N

nopami

Are those still the same fan leaves from your original post? And don’t get discouraged, that plant has plenty of life left. Maybe a banana peel tea, to boost potassium.
Those are other fan leaves, the first ones in the original post that were getting brown/yellow have now sadly passed and fell off the plant.

Thanks, I am still optimistic it should be fine, I just wonder if there was a way for me to prevent this. As I have 5 other plants who are 2 weeks younger, I’m using this first and older one as practice and it gives me a bit of time to adjust things with the younger ones so they don’t experience the same fate.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Those are other fan leaves, the first ones in the original post that were getting brown/yellow have now sadly passed and fell off the plant.

Thanks, I am still optimistic it should be fine, I just wonder if there was a way for me to prevent this. As I have 5 other plants who are 2 weeks younger, I’m using this first and older one as practice and it gives me a bit of time to adjust things with the younger ones so they don’t experience the same fate.
That's the perfect plan to learn with. I always used to dedicate a single plant to experimenting to learn with every grow. I suggest all growers do the same. Tons of info to learn out there ✌🏻

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttt
Maybe I got the last bags that were laying on the ground In a wet warehouse... I do not know... these were in biobizz... I actually came up with the idea to top layer with nothing but perlite to block out light to stop the algae from growing while flushing with a 40ml to 1 gallon of h2o2 to h2o... had to really sterilize my soil... yes hydrogen peroxide is great for your roots and also is a great pesticide and algae and mold killer too

20220508 112550
20220510 162900
JKash

JKash

Supporter
After transplanting in to promix... at the time I was desperate and paid 150 in shipping just for 1 bale of soil of promix(my preffered soil of choice)

20220609 183636
20220806 185349
JKash

JKash

Supporter
youre getting algea and mold in biobizz soil. you must be overwatering
Nope I was watering how a plant should be watered... I personally had a horrible experience with it....not trying to down anyone but just informing about a possibility as this happened to me with that line... I used once and will never use again...that's just my preference... not trying to be a jerk... again... I could have just got a crappy last bag that sat around for a year before being sold to me? I don't know? But I do know that I'm not a Noob and this is what I experienced

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
So with that plant, I think you need to get on the bloom wagon, nitrogen looks decent compared to the original pic, I’m thinking it’s really wanting more potassium. A good way to prevent it from happening, is maybe get on the bloom nutrients sooner that you did with the original, stave off any potassium deficiency. With your younger plants @nopami

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Nope I was watering how a plant should be watered... I personally had a horrible experience with it....not trying to down anyone but just informing about a possibility as this happened to me with that line... I used once and will never use again...that's just my preference... not trying to be a jerk... again... I could have just got a crappy last bag that sat around for a year before being sold to me? I don't know? But I do know that I'm not a Noob and this is what I experienced
its not easy youre first time. like with everything the way to do it is not give up. and learn what where causing youre problems not just sack it in and say oo thats crap. after 1 bag thats not how we learn. well i learn anyway i can tell you this when biobizz is used properly you will see awesome results

JKash

JKash

Supporter
I co
So with that plant, I think you need to get on the bloom wagon, nitrogen looks decent compared to the original pic, I’m thinking it’s really wanting more potassium. A good way to prevent it from happening, is maybe get on the bloom nutrients sooner that you did with the original, stave off any potassium deficiency. With your younger plants @nopami
I concur!

JKash

JKash

Supporter
its not easy youre first time. like with everything the way to do it is not give up. and learn what where causing youre problems not just sack it in and say oo thats crap. after 1 bag thats not how we learn. well i learn anyway i can tell you this when biobizz is used properly you will see awesome results
Your right... I should be more open minded... but what WOULD you say to using something new because you can't get what you "familiar" with... and it causes nothing but a nightmare to battle from the start?
Just like you assumed it was me with over watering was the problem... I never heard of it before and this is literally the 1st person I've seen using it here... they look like they were having the same issues I was so I figured it must've actually been that line... just kinda connecting the dots... but yes maybe next time I'll say it in a "more delicate" way...

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Your right... I should be more open minded... but what WOULD you say to using something new because you can't get what you "familiar" with... and it causes nothing but a nightmare to battle from the start?
Just like you assumed it was me with over watering was the problem... I never heard of it before and this is literally the 1st person I've seen using it here... they look like they were having the same issues I was so I figured it must've actually been that line... just kinda connecting the dots... but yes maybe next time I'll say it in a "more delicate" way...
the way to use bio bizz soil is pot up in stages, water to little runoff. let it dry and water again. if youre having problems with soil not drying out pot up in stages instead of watering a big pot if that makes sense. this will keep moister down also improve extraction this will take the rh down. in term then pots will dry faster giving no chance of algea and mold.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
the way to use bio bizz soil is pot up in stages, water to little runoff. let it dry and water again. if youre having problems with soil not drying out pot up in stages instead of watering a big pot if that makes sense. this will keep moister down also improve extraction this will take the rh down. in term then pots will dry faster giving no chance of algea and mold.
Ya I was going from solo(beer pong) cups to 1 gals 3 gals and 7 gal pot increments... water had almost 0 runoff at bottom... took a long while to dry up...growing in basement conditions had a dehumidifier going so rh was around 35% and growing algae faster than the plant growing at all times... had to top layer with perlite to block light from feeding algae... no matter how "dry" I let it go algae was constantly growing....
Before I was really on here I did what research I could find on biobizz... I really couldn't find a lot of info... figured it was a run of the mill brand...
I've been talking with some of the workers from bio365... they are local in my area and seemed to be a better choice if I were gonna venture to a different medium...

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

also algea is actually beneficial for soil, bio bizz do alga mic thats basically algea. works great for greening leaves up

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Or really high humidity. But yeah, in this case, check your watering habits. A tensiometer is for like 40-50 bucks on build a soil website ✌🏻

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Ya I was going from solo(beer pong) cups to 1 gals 3 gals and 7 gal pot increments... water had almost 0 runoff at bottom... took a long while to dry up...growing in basement conditions had a dehumidifier going so rh was around 35% and growing algae faster than the plant growing at all times... had to top layer with perlite to block light from feeding algae... no matter how "dry" I let it go algae was constantly growing....
Before I was really on here I did what research I could find on biobizz... I really couldn't find a lot of info... figured it was a run of the mill brand...
I've been talking with some of the workers from bio365... they are local in my area and seemed to be a better choice if I were gonna venture to a different medium...
good luck bud hope you dont have the same problems again .if you happen to get bio bizz soil again let me no ill help out as its my soil of choice. also im sorry for the laughing amote.

N

nopami

Thanks yes actually checking on how potassium deficiency looks like, looks a hell lot like what my plant has.

And I agree I might have started the blooming nutes too late, I was waiting for the “stretch” to be over even though flowering already started and then started slow with the bloom nutes…

I bumped the bloom nutes the past couple of waterings, let’s see if it makes any difference now.

Top Bottom