Brown Stuff on Roots DWC

• Thread starter Sponty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Choppr

Choppr

The non sterile sounds terrifying with how fast things go south, I bet the terps are great though with the microbes.
It sounds sketchy but I literally do nothing more than I do with my Coco, other than adding the bacillus (amylolique faciens)- (Southern Ag or Hydrogaurd) I mix 5 gal Nutrients for my Coco Plants, thats what gets fed to top off my DWC as well as the Coco. (hydro is hydro)

IMG 5444
IMG 5473
Sponty

Sponty

Hydro is tough but they grow like bat's out of hell when they get dialed in. Looks like some dro people helped you out! I bet you feel better. Stay vigilant and keep us updated on your grow. Hydro facinates me, im a living soil guy though
Yeah it's definitely a lot harder than I first thought but once you start understanding things it all slowly falls together. I've grown vegetables in soil traditionally for a while and wanted more of a challenge and science aspect.

I built my own DWC system to try learn what I could and have just been trying crack on whilst learning at the same time. There's tons I've done wrong but some I did right.

Started off with two in one system (first photo) but then realised it would be better to have them separate so I built two separate systems (Second photo).

I'm really enjoying it so far, fallen in love so to speak. Wish I had more money to get better equipment though!

IMG 20230811 230751695 HDR
IMG 20230813 152749816
K

Kamisama

A lot of things suck, don't hear me crying about it. 😂👍
I see u use small hydroponic nets. Also planed to use such size with my future HPA but am not quite sure how supportive it might be for a big plant. What was the biggest plant u grew in it? I plan to have 16-32 colas per plant, so a few toping (75*75cm)

Sponty

Sponty

I see u use small hydroponic nets. Also planed to use such size with my future HPA but am not quite sure how supportive it might be for a big plant. What was the biggest plant u grew in it? I plan to have 16-32 colas per plant, so a few toping (75*75cm)
They're good strong pots, if anything maybe a tad too big. Plenty of space and depth for the plant and I've not had it try to topple the pot over. It can't, the pot is sat in the Res a certain way it can't tip over. Worst come to worst, I can always add some supports on the outside of the res.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
It sounds sketchy but I literally do nothing more than I do with my Coco, other than adding the bacillus (amylolique faciens)- (Southern Ag or Hydrogaurd) I mix 5 gal Nutrients for my Coco Plants, thats what gets fed to top off my DWC as well as the Coco. (hydro is hydro)
In your opinion living soil vs dwc what would you say are the pros and cons if any, potency, terps? Is it expensive?

Latest posts

Top Bottom