Browning Leaves, Please Help!

• Thread starter Stevemh420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stevemh420

I was planning on doing a 5 week veg. I got them when they were around 8-10 inches tall. Right when I got them I started topping. And I just topped again two nights ago. It seems like it's taking a while to grow. Maybe just because of the t5 lights..

way2green

way2green

Probably not growing as fast as u would like...Lol
My life story......anyways a 1 gal would be a good choice

S

Stevemh420

Probably not growing as fast as u would like...Lol
My life story......anyways a 1 gal would be a good choice
Hahaha yeah man! I go into the room and just stare at them wishing they're ready to harvest...but I have weeks to go haha
Solid, I'll put them in gallon pots tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that has helped me out!! Very grateful!

3G Labs

3G Labs

They don't look bad, but listen to @way2green and get them transplanted to a bigger pot. A gallon would be fine but i like to minimize transplants so i'd plant them into a pot you will flower them in. They're getting to big for those cups and you may start to get root bound or salt build-up.

3G Labs

3G Labs

cut's look small, were they purchased from a disp? If so it probably will never grow to be a large plant. And topping too often can slow vegetative growth. Too much stress on a plant too often stunt's growth.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i trans plant to the biggest container i can... they grow faster

S

Stevemh420

cut's look small, were they purchased from a disp? If so it probably will never grow to be a large plant. And topping too often can slow vegetative growth. Too much stress on a plant too often stunt's growth.
Yeah, from a disp. I really want to get some seeds but I don't know which ones are good. There are so many people out there selling seeds I don't know which one to pick haha. Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
What size would you go to from so cups?

i go from clone to one gallon to 20 gallon.. or sometimes from clone straight to 20 gallon..

it doesnt have to be that drastic of a repot... but the bigger the container the faster they grow

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
Would a 5 gallon be too big?

depends on how many plants your area can handle and how many you want t grow..

i have plant numbers i have to go by so i use 20 gallons to get big plants to fill the room... 15 plants under 8k watts

3G Labs

3G Labs

Yeah, from a disp. I really want to get some seeds but I don't know which ones are good. There are so many people out there selling seeds I don't know which one to pick haha. Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah disp quality here in CO is very disappointing (rip-off) IMO. If you want hardier better yielding plants go with seed or find a buddy to bless you with a QUALITY cut, disp cuts will always be a selection of 2nd 3rd and 4th choice cuts.

Would a 5 gallon be too big?

Should be plenty. Currently in my grows I transplant my clones from the clone chamber to a temporary 1 gal, 2 weeks later they go into their permanent 4 gal. Just the right amount of growth and i don't have to mess with large pots and lots of coco/soil. But find what works for you and your space .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you feel it's still an issue? Because it looks like the new growth is good..
If you don't address it, it may continue to be an issue specifically because Mg is mobile, which means the plant can translocate it from older tissues to newer tissues. In other words, you'll probably never see a Mg problem on new growth.

I hesitate to call it a deficiency because the plant is showing nothing else, and there's something about those burned edges that suggest it may be a toxicity to me. But frankly, I'm just not good enough at balancing feeds to be able to tell you how to make sure it doesn't continue. Do keep an eye on it.

S

Stevemh420

Yeah disp quality here in CO is very disappointing (rip-off) IMO. If you want hardier better yielding plants go with seed or find a buddy to bless you with a QUALITY cut, disp cuts will always be a selection of 2nd 3rd and 4th choice cuts.

Should be plenty. Currently in my grows I transplant my clones from the clone chamber to a temporary 1 gal, 2 weeks later they go into their permanent 4 gal. Just the right amount of growth and i don't have to mess with large pots and lots of coco/soil. But find what works for you and your space .
Yeah I'm in Cali. Idk how the disp quality over here is compared to CO. I would assume very similar. You know any companies that have really good seeds? Maybe you or someone could pm that?
I just put them into 5 gallon pots yesterday. It's only been a day but they seem good at the moment. Thanks for all the information bro!

S

Stevemh420

depends on how many plants your area can handle and how many you want t grow..

i have plant numbers i have to go by so i use 20 gallons to get big plants to fill the room... 15 plants under 8k watts
I have a decent size space. Probably enough for 15-20 5 gallon pots. I'm only doing six right now. Do you think that a diamond series 400w led would be enough for flower? Or maybe I need the 600w. The plants are in the middle of my 6x5x8 tent I made. I really want to do led for a couple reasons. Mainly I heard it saves a lot of money on AC, and puts off way less heat compared to HPS and MH bulbs.

S

Stevemh420

i go from clone to one gallon to 20 gallon.. or sometimes from clone straight to 20 gallon..

it doesnt have to be that drastic of a repot... but the bigger the container the faster they grow
Yeah I just handled the 5 gallon pots. They seem like they're doing fine. I'm excited to see how much faster they grow in the bigger pots vs the cups haha

S

Stevemh420

If you don't address it, it may continue to be an issue specifically because Mg is mobile, which means the plant can translocate it from older tissues to newer tissues. In other words, you'll probably never see a Mg problem on new growth.

I hesitate to call it a deficiency because the plant is showing nothing else, and there's something about those burned edges that suggest it may be a toxicity to me. But frankly, I'm just not good enough at balancing feeds to be able to tell you how to make sure it doesn't continue. Do keep an eye on it.
Yeah I get what you're saying. Maybe I over fed that one? I give all the plants the same amount. Maybe I should give that one a little less?

Top Bottom