• Thread starter Saul.Goodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Good morning Farmers,

In two days my plant will be 5 weeks old since breaking the soil surface. I figured that I would create a post to log updates and progress all in one place until I can start a new journal following my next full grow/s.

Currently I am growing one Bruce Banner Auto/Fem that was purchased through weedseedexpress:

Genetics: OG Kush / Strawberry Diesel / Ruderalis
Variety: 30% Indica / 50% Sativa / 20% ruderalis
THC: 25%
CBD: 0.01%
Max Yield Indoors: 250 to 500 grams/m²
Flowering Time: 56 to 70 days

The seed was germinated by being soaked in water for 12 hours and then placed in between moist paper towels in a Ziploc bag for three days until it had sprouted a root.

Once the seed had sprouted, I placed it into a peat pot and popped it in to a five gallon pot, watered it and turned my 390w full spectrum Blurple light on Veg/Bloom for 24 hours a day. After two days the seed sprout broke through the surface of the soil.

Fast forward to today and she has just started going into flower. I've been using the Fox Farm Trio for nutes combined with Cal Mag. My last feeding was today and consisted of:

3ml PH Down/gal
5ml Cal Mag/gal
20ml Big Bloom/gal
10ml of Buds & Bloom/gal

Current environmental factors:

Light schedule: 20/4
Temp: 79°F
RH: 49%
PH: 6.4

Below are images from the last week.

10/1/21
IMG_20211001_081250.jpg

10/8/21
IMG_20211008_040303.jpg

Over the next several weeks I'll keep all my updates here. Things are starting to get exciting in the grow house!

SSgrower

SSgrower

Bruce is a known strain, I use FF Big Bloom but only in flower stage. You using a "base" NPK with that calimagic and pH down? Just curious,SS

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Bruce is a known strain, I use FF Big Bloom but only in flower stage. You using a "base" NPK with that calimagic and pH down? Just curious,SS
I've been using Big Bloom which is a general nute throughout the entire grow this far. I was using Grow Big with it up to today when I swapped out the Grow Big with the Tiger Buds & Bloom.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Big bloom is the only FF I use, I use DynaGro Grow, Bloom & ProTeck also Humbolt farms Oneness. Thanks for the views.
I'm on the fence with nutes right now. Over the next several grows I will likely try many different varieties I imagine.

I was actually going to start with Dyna Grow and Bloom but two different orders of it got lost in the delivery process so I gave up on that for now...Lol

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Today is the first day of week 5 (Day 29) for this growing girl. She is starting to stretch a bit more every day which is good because she has been super bushy up to this point. Not much change aside from daily growth and filling out. The flowers are starting to become more predominant though. Brought the scrog netting down on top of her. I did some leaf more tucking this morning after giving her a drink.

Here are some more pics of her as of today:

IMG 20211010 071721

IMG 20211010 071711

IMG 20211010 071837

IMG 20211010 071842

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Day 32 / Day ~4 of flower:

IMG 20211013 0714352

IMG 20211013 071343

The canopy of this girl will be close to covering the full 32" x 32". Not so sure I could put two or three of these in the same tent without some serious pruning/HST (May have to get a larger tent).

Yesterday I gave her 2gal of water with 5ml CalMag and 5ml PH Down. She is starting to drink a lot. I didn't test runoff this last watering as she is very healthy looking.

I do need to look into a tighter scrog netting source. The one I have is a bit too large IMO. I also undid all the LST wiring I had done to let her finish off her height more how she wants to since there's plenty of room for her to grow up.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Day 41 / Day 13 Flower:

Added my new MaxsiSun MF2000 light to replace my 2k blurple light today. Feeding full strength Fox Farms Tiger Bloom at 15ml/gal, 5ml Cal Mag/gal and 30ml (half strength) of FF Big Bloom/gal.

IMG 20211022 195257

IMG 20211022 194952

IMG 20211022 195234

It'll be super nice to take pics without having to shut the lights off. Checked out her bottom today and she's got a little girth to her now...Lol. maybe slightly larger than my thumb in width on the main trunk.

I just fed her 2 nuted gallons today. I'm going on a short vaca on Monday so hopefully she can soak up enough to give a plain Cal Mag watering right before I leave for four days.

She is totally filling out my 32" x 32" tent. I'll be interested to see what a multi BB grow in 3gal pots looks like.

Currents environment:
Temp: 74°F
RH: 39%
PH: 6.5

Cheers and happy growing!

Last edited:
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
No, I haven't defoliated and I'm not going to this round. This grow is simply to see how things go with what I have and what I felt needed to be changed for/during my first Auto grow. You folks weren't around for the first half but you will be for all future grows so far.

For example, I obviously don't need to top this plant as LST was enough to fill my box with one plant.

A lesser pot may limit growth and that's fine based on this grow.

Blurple lights can grow some dank even if folks hate em.

Plant diagnostics are learned better with hands on experience.

Nutrients are a double edged sword. Take time to learn NPK and how it's utilized/neutralized by plants.

DON'T OVERTHINK IT...you'll likely have a more negative impact on the plant if you do.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
I will defoliate my next Bruce Banner Auto grow though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No, I haven't defoliated and I'm not going to this round. This grow is simply to see how things go with what I have and what I felt needed to be changed for/during my first Auto grow. You folks weren't around for the first half but you will be for all future grows so far.

For example, I obviously don't need to top this plant as LST was enough to fill my box with one plant.

A lesser pot may limit growth and that's fine based on this grow.

Blurple lights can grow some dank even if folks hate em.

Plant diagnostics are learned better with hands on experience.

Nutrients are a double edged sword. Take time to learn NPK and how it's utilized/neutralized by plants.

DON'T OVERTHINK IT...you'll likely have a more negative impact on the plant if you do.
I sont think your lot size will be an issue at all.

You absolutely right about the blurples... 100% It's intensity over spectrum and while spectrum can influence structure of plants and buds also slightly the production of terps, cannabinoids etc.

Yield will almost certainly remain to similar to notice, unless reaching close to the point of photosaturation. Green does help improve photosynthetic rates and penetrates deeper than other spectrums so yeah a bit more to take advantage of and defiantly full spectrum is more ideal but that doesn't make blurples unable to get the job done by any means.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Personally if ya have the airflow I wouldn't say it's necessary. Depends on the plant bit your look nice and healthy to me.
I have decent airflow. A 42" oscillating tower fan and 2 6" clip fans. I will have to upgrade this in the future prolly though.

The 42" blows around the plant, pot and ground, the two 6" are posted up on the two topmost exits. I also have an HVAC duct in line at the bottom of the tent.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have decent airflow. A 42" oscillating tower fan and 2 6" clip fans. I will have to upgrade this in the future prolly though.

The 42" blows around the plant, pot and ground, the two 6" are posted up on the two topmost exits. I also have an HVAC duct in line at the bottom of the tent.
Well that's about as ideal as it gets.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Day 47 / Day 19 Flower

So I just got back from a small vaca. I was gone for exactly 72 hours from the time I left to the time I returned. Prior to leaving I watered with 2gals of water and 10ml of CalMag. PH was about 6.7 so I didn't use any PH Down. I hoped this would be enough water for the 72 hours I was gone. Lights/fans are set on a smart plug timer and there was no issues here while I was gone.

While I was gone I did happen across a nice bounty of "Chicken of the Woods" fungi. I'm currently dehydrating it for cooking with later:

IMG 20211028 142609

There's an image of half of what I kept. The other 2/3 of what I found went to my Mom and some to family friends.

When I got back today though, first thing was to check the plant and sure enough...signs of stress:

IMG 20211028 145942

IMG 20211028 145948

The plant was looking just fine before I left...Go figure 😑.

These issues are only appearing in the very top of the canopy. I think maybe it is attributed to the change in light? That's the only thing that changed just a day before I left. Any thoughts here? Current environment is as follows:

Temp: 76°F
RH: 45%
PH (After testing run off today): 6.4

The soil was pretty dry when I got home but the plant was not in drought. I did have the plant raised up about 6" closer to my new light while I was gone.

Today I fed the plant with 2gals of water, 25ml Tiger Bloom, 8ml Cal Mag and no PH Down as my mix was sitting at a PH of 6.6. I checked the runoff and the PH was at 6.4. Here are some more pics of her:

IMG 20211028 151357

IMG 20211028 151413

IMG 20211028 151432

I did take her further away from the light. Probably wasn't the greatest move changing lights over half way through this grow but we'll see how she does.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Fed another gal of water with 20ml of TF Grow Big and 2ml of PH Down. The tops are starting to look more chlorotic so a push of Nitrogen may help.

IMG 20211029 222714

She should have ~20 days left until harvest.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
New monitors were delivered today:

IMG 20211029 221804

Current unaltered soft well water PH is 7.6. PPM is 336 which I guess is good, I need to do more research on the PPM though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom