Bubba Cookies Grow Journal (divine Genetics)

• Thread starter bpkop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bpkop

bpkop

Lets get it started! First thread on here but im a long time forum surfer. Just got my order of Bubba Cookies and ill be poppin them ASAP.

Ill give a little run down of my current set up. Its a "perpetual grow" so seeds always kind of throw things off for a little.

VEG: 4x4 tent with 2x 4-bulb 4 foot T8s
I can fit about 16 plants at a max in 5 gal pots. Usually have one side with clones/early veg with about 12 1 gal pots and have 8-10 5 gallons on the other side for the "perpetual" style grow.

FLOWER: 5x5 tent with a Gavita 750 DE. Usually run 9 in 5 gal pots but ive ran up to about 12-16 if theyre more straight up VS bushy growers.

Clone/Seeds: Just a little shelf with a small 1 foot floro and a tray/dome for the rapid rooter cubes.

Image1
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Start seeds under single florescent fixture and once plant has 5-6 lateral branching then use the higher light source, veg. Flower would be nice under the gavita
Looking forward to the journey!!

bpkop

bpkop

Start seeds under single florescent fixture and once plant has 5-6 lateral branching then use the higher light source, veg. Flower would be nice under the gavita
Looking forward to the journey!!

Thanks thats my usual plan of attack! Keep em in cups til they outgrow the clone/seed shelf then toss em in the veg. I love the gavitas as well. 750 is perfect for tents and shorter ceilings without having to dim them like you would have to with the 1000ws. Wish the ballast was oriented horizontally for a lil more head room but thats really my only complaint.

Oh, since youre a mod is there anyway to capitalize the D in Divine Genetics in the title? Its driving me nuts and i cant edit it anymore!!! hahaha

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thanks thats my usual plan of attack! Keep em in cups til they outgrow the clone/seed shelf then toss em in the veg. I love the gavitas as well. 750 is perfect for tents and shorter ceilings without having to dim them like you would have to with the 1000ws. Wish the ballast was oriented horizontally for a lil more head room but thats really my only complaint.

Oh, since youre a mod is there anyway to capitalize the D in Divine Genetics in the title? Its driving me nuts and i cant edit it anymore!!! hahaha
Lol! I’ll get @logic to check it. ! Thanks for the heads up!

bpkop

bpkop

Anyone got tips for starting seeds? I usually have a good "pop" % using the classic paper towel method. Debating doing a 24 hour soak before that. But i always seem to lose some between showing taproot and getting them to take in the soil/medium i put them in next. Ive used fairly neutral mediums like promix as well as rockwool and rapid rooters which have no nutrients in them but they just always seem to struggle a little.

When it comes to clones ive got it on lock but im always afraid of messin up seeds.

Thanks for any help! Plan to dust off the old DSLR to get some high quality pics up here instead of usin the ol' phone camera.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Anyone got tips for starting seeds? I usually have a good "pop" % using the classic paper towel method. Debating doing a 24 hour soak before that. But i always seem to lose some between showing taproot and getting them to take in the soil/medium i put them in next. Ive used fairly neutral mediums like promix as well as rockwool and rapid rooters which have no nutrients in them but they just always seem to struggle a little.

When it comes to clones ive got it on lock but im always afraid of messin up seeds.

Thanks for any help! Plan to dust off the old DSLR to get some high quality pics up here instead of usin the ol' phone camera.
I soak em in a small cup of pre-boiled and cooled (or bottled) water overnight. Next day I dump that water with the seeds into paper towel, space them out, fold the towel over, let excess water drain out of the towel and place it somewhere warm for another day or two.

I like to plant the seedlings when the taproot is 1/4-1/2" long. I make small holes in dry media and use sterile tweezers to grab the seed by the shell and plant them root down straight into promix seed starter mix in 2x2 starter trays, and water each one with just a Tbsp or two of water. They need lots of air in the roots, you dont want to swamp them. Keep the seed itself flush with the surface or just below, like 1/8".

Once they have a set of true leaves you can soak the media in a small container like this.

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I stick them in soil, no need to get exotic. It’s a seed, seeds germinate in soil or coco /plugs if hydro is the end path. But I’ve tried all methods, the soak method is only if you question the age of the seeds, older seeds do need a bit more babying but hey market seeds are usually 1yr or less in age .

bpkop

bpkop

I stick them in soil, no need to get exotic. It’s a seed, seeds germinate in soil or coco /plugs if hydro is the end path. But I’ve tried all methods, the soak method is only if you question the age of the seeds, older seeds do need a bit more babying but hey market seeds are usually 1yr or less in age .

Thanks for the response! What i think ends up messin with some of mine is my process of transferring them into the medium. Im like overly cautious and maybe not putting them deep enough int?

We'll have to see. Gonna be startin to germinate them first thing in the morning!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

Thats not natural. Paper towel is natural. Mother Nature soaks all seeds in paper towel in the wild. Everyone knows that. It’s in the Bible! Ha! Kidding of course.

There’s no right way or wrong way. Just the way that works for you. Either the seed is going to pop or it won’t. I find some folks put too much into the method and not enough on the results. If paper towels works for you then by all means. If standing on your head and singing god bless America works then kudos to you. We all have our methods and imnsure you’ve heard most of them. Take whichever one you think will work best and go with it. Good luck bro!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Remind me never to smoke paper towels!
Seriously though, the paper towel method has worked fine for sprouting many a seedling in my day. As for toxicity, look at the trace chemicals in marijuana smoke.. Let's not fear monger the paper towel method. The seedlings will live through their bath in chemical soup lol.
Or just plant it in the dirt, either way works. Its sprouting a seed, not rocket surgery.

Madbud

Madbud

I just cracked 25 of 25 in my version of an air fryer. Solo cup of commercial seedling soil, damp with a seed lightly pushed in. The cup fit perfectly in a coffee can, lid sort of sealed the cup, then in front of a radiator. Check and mist each day, 2-4 days to sprout.

45C24362 D3E1 41CD 9D65 856E27D3F2C9
B01EAE8C 5ED4 4035 99E0 738D3BDD1B03
bpkop

bpkop

10/12 popped and were transplanted into solo cups. They've now sprouted and are in the process of shedding their shell fully. I don't want to pull them off just yet but if they start struggling I might. The other 2 were planted into solo cups as well waiting on them to hopefully sprout!

S

SnowshoeJoe

10/12 popped and were transplanted into solo cups. They've now sprouted and are in the process of shedding their shell fully. I don't want to pull them off just yet but if they start struggling I might. The other 2 were planted into solo cups as well waiting on them to hopefully sprout!
That's similar to what I got. I planted 12 and got 9. They're slow initially in the vegetative stage. Once they get going there really strong.

bpkop

bpkop

That's similar to what I got. I planted 12 and got 9. They're slow initially in the vegetative stage. Once they get going there really strong.

Nice! I used the paper towel method and the 10 that popped had some solid tap roots on them. Hoping the other two that didn't show a tap root pop up in a day or two. I just planted them into the cups the same day I put the others in.

bpkop

bpkop

So were off to a great start! 10/12 popped tap roots after 48 hours (24 in water 24 in paper towel)

Then i transferred them to solo cups and put the 2 that didnt pop in cups as well to see if they would over the next few days.

Didnt snap a shot of them yesterday when i saw them but they have their 2 starter leaves showing and mostly breaking out of their shells. Im trying to let them do it themselves but a couple look like they may need some help getting the seed shell off. Sprayed with a little water now and then to see if thatll help soften it up and allow them to open on their own.

Image2
Image1 1
Top Bottom