Bubba Kush 400w Stealth Grow Tent

• Thread starter greenguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenguy

greenguy

Hey there fellow farmers!

Started my second grow recently, first time in this set up, and thought I would document the grow here to get help from the community.

Picked up a cabinet from Lowes for $100 and placed a small grow tent inside that measures 3ft x 1.5ft x 5ft. Inside the tent is a 400w hps and a couple small CFL's I am currently using on the bubba clones. The 400w is cooltubed and the ducting will pull air in and push hot air out through holes I cut in the top of the cabinet. I also have a desk fan in there and a bucket of water to add humidity. In a week or so I will start veggin under the 400w and will add a carbon scrubber.

Currently 6 Bubba Kush clones in fox farm soil placed in cups...planning on planting all six cuts in one big storage container (can be seen in pics below) with fox farm soil, worm casting, perlite, and stones at the bottom for drainage.

Not sure what I'm going to feed em yet...any suggestions would be appreciated!

had some early issues with humidity, hense the plastic wrap over my girls and the bucket of water...been spraying the plastic wrap with tap water x2 a day

Photo
Photo3
Photo5
Photo6
Untitled 7
D

DaddyFatSacks

Looks like a good start to me, and if your still looking for some plant food, seeing as your using FoxFarms soil just use some FF nutes, or hg is always good.

DaddyFatSacks:pimp:

greenguy

greenguy

Thanks for the tip Daddyfatsacks

Planning on doing some LST and SCROG'n my girls after they fill out a bit

Asphalt Gardner

Asphalt Gardner

What Bubba is that? Looks like a clean good set up!

greenguy

greenguy

Thanks Asphalt, the clones are Pre98 Bubba

Going to add a couple 65w CFL's this weekend to speed things up a bit and will be picking up some foxfarm nutes

S

stormannorm

nice setup greenguy,like how your managing to do it in the space u got props on that man.i'm subbed.peace

greenguy

greenguy

watered last night with a bit of epsom salt and they responded really well over night

Photo
D

DaddyFatSacks

looking good GreenGuy, Gotta love feeding time, they always look 50% bigger the next day lol

DaddyFatSacks:pimp:

greenguy

greenguy

lil update...

getting ready to transplant into one large pot and flip on the 400w HPS this weekend...adding a screen for scrog after a week or so of veg

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Those Dixie cups shroud have a great Root system almost bound I bet, Sure seems to a make the transplant nicely using those cups

greenguy

greenguy

exactly, the cups make it easy to transplant cause you can just cut'em with scissors if need be

cheebnchonk

cheebnchonk

exactly, the cups make it easy to transplant cause you can just cut'em with scissors if need be

Agreed. Also, I find that if you transplant when the soil is fairly dry you can just squeeze the sides a bit and the whole thing will slide out nice and easy.

Larry Bird

Larry Bird

Liking the set up dude. You wouldn't even know the cupboard has anything in it. Liking the stealthyness of the grow setup!

greenguy

greenguy

Finally got the holes cut in the top of the cab for ventilation. Put the plants in a large rubbermaid and turned on the 400w HPS. First feeding of FF Big Bloom today as well. Going a couple of weeks in Veg under the 400w then flipp'n to 12/12...adding the screen for a nice scrog next week.

I have some concerns about temps...I got my gear on Craigslist and the intake side of the 400w cooltube is 4"ducting while the exit ducting is 6" ducting??? I have a 6" fan stuffed stiffly inside the 6" ducting and then zip tied to the frame of the cooltube (not sure I am supposed to stuff the fan inside the ducting?)

...heading to the hydro shop to learn a little about ducting and fans + I need a timer and a temp gage

Take a look...

greenguy

greenguy

Temps = 84%
Humidity = 60%

Thats a little hot dont you think? Pretty sure I'm running into some heat and humidity problems in bloom if I dont improve the ventilation system. I am planning on adding a carbon filter and fan to this system, will this help with temps? Problem is I have no fresh air coming into the tent with the plants, as of now fresh air is only pulled through the cool tube and out.

greenguy

greenguy

temps climbing...hit 88% and would prob get hotter

gonna add a second fan...thinking a 4" intake fan

greenguy

greenguy

grabbed a 4' blower...my little computer fan was'nt cutting it

A

alphaferret

was the computer fan your exhaust fan?-sounds like the person who you bought it from used the smalled fan too. I would have 6 inch on both sides if poss. Have you sex. the plants yet? I like the foxfarms! Cabinet with tent inside-cool idea for stealthness -I like how you covered the vent ducting on top with the roll ofcarpet it looks like.

P.S. I like the tent(wish I had one) but why not just light seal that cab? Give you alot more room-but w/ scrog you may not need it.

keep rockin

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea get an intake for the cupboard to bring fresh air from the room. Get the Temp down to 27-28C. GOod luck, very stealthy.

G81

Top Bottom