Bubba Kush. Katsu and Pre98???

• Thread starter QleanerQuest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Okay, Im home now and snapped a couple shots of my Bubba cuts. Acquired it about 18 months ago. I tooped one already. You see in the side shot the branch development. Cuz I ttopped her shell stretch a bit. This cut has to be topped if not supercropped to get a nice yeild. Very slow vegger. I was givin these to help a guy preserve his genetics. A very respectable farmer, so I never questioned if they r the real Pre98 cut. Her leave fingers do get wider as ther get bigger. And they overlap as soon as they develop. Pretty unique characteristic. Whatcha think guyz?
IMG 20121021 203827
IMG 20121021 203834

IMG 20121021 203858
QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Very nice! Lookin like you got er dialed right in dawg. MAD PROPS and respect. Maybe in the future we'll do a thread side by side thread of Pre98 and Katsu. Id like that. Too bad the other cuts arent available so readily. That would be killer to see the variations in one shot, ya know.
Nevertheless, great job on the grow! Hope to get a chance to sample this batch!! Peace!!
Quest

S

swisscheese

A side by side of Pre98 and Katsu would be awesome I would definitely do that! If I could find the Oregon Affy we could do all 3. We can smoke out qq for sure.

slausongardens

slausongardens

i wonder what the difference between the oregon affie and the LA affie is? as the LA affie is supposed to be dead on to the bubba kush too and some think its a parent. it was the mother of LA con

and theres also a bomb ass bubba cut floating around LA thats called heriloom bubba, i think it was released by nigel and sold at AO. also ive gotten a few bubba cuts in the sfv just labeled bubba kush that come out amazing.. always assumed they were pre98 but they could very well be the 91 cuts cuz theyre just called bubba and have been floating around for forever.

im also running 3 peyote purples from seed that are looking beautiful!! i will do a lot of breeding with one of them.. they dont seem very bubba like.. they grow a little faster and stretch a lot more, although they do have giant ass leaves the blades are much skinnier then typical bubbas and there seems to be a little sativa in them. cant wait to see how they smoke.

also finishing flowering a cut i got called king bubba, no idea any info on it but its pretty dead on to pre98, extremely dense and frosty with a hashy coffee kushy smell with a little sweetness to it.

i used to not care much for bubbas but lately im becoming very fond of the potency they have. nice thread, im also interested in the different bubbas.

S

swisscheese

i wonder what the difference between the oregon affie and the LA affie is? as the LA affie is supposed to be dead on to the bubba kush too and some think its a parent. it was the mother of LA con

and theres also a bomb ass bubba cut floating around LA thats called heriloom bubba, i think it was released by nigel and sold at AO. also ive gotten a few bubba cuts in the sfv just labeled bubba kush that come out amazing.. always assumed they were pre98 but they could very well be the 91 cuts cuz theyre just called bubba and have been floating around for forever.

im also running 3 peyote purples from seed that are looking beautiful!! i will do a lot of breeding with one of them.. they dont seem very bubba like.. they grow a little faster and stretch a lot more, although they do have giant ass leaves the blades are much skinnier then typical bubbas and there seems to be a little sativa in them. cant wait to see how they smoke.

also finishing flowering a cut i got called king bubba, no idea any info on it but its pretty dead on to pre98, extremely dense and frosty with a hashy coffee kushy smell with a little sweetness to it.

i used to not care much for bubbas but lately im becoming very fond of the potency they have. nice thread, im also interested in the different bubbas.
Off topic but I got those beaners slauson thanks. Will be germinating within the week unless I die from trimming.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hey Slausongardens thanks for poppin in! Would like to checkout pics if that peyote purple! Sounds like an awesome breeding!
Hmmm, we need to get some pics up of these other cuts. Id like to see them. Anyone wanna help me try to dig up some?

S

swisscheese

I have always thought la confidential and bubba must have some common genetics because there is striking similarities between the two. Maybe La Affie and Oregon Affie are one in the same like you said slauson now you got me thinking..

Evil Abed

Evil Abed

Funny how so many stories get passed along about one single strain. Probably not true, but here's what I heard. Katsu got a Bubba cut from somebody else. The Katsu cut was the first Bubba cut to be shared. And that all the other phenos like Bubba (mint pheno) come from Katsu S1's. I'm not sure where the pre '98 comes into play. But the '91 Bubba I guess, is a real cut grown by a small circle of growers and I hear it has a bit of a candy flavor to it.

sky high

sky high

I've never heard anything about Katsu breeding/S-1'ning the Bubba. He merely held an early cut of it from my knowledge...and unlike FPOG and some other sought after cuts, katsu freely shared it rather than horded it...and thet is why it is so popular and so many of you have it now. FWIW, I was in the circle of friends on a private trading site of which katsu was also a part of and the katsu cut, the green pheno, the mint pheno (early GSC ???), pre-98, and original Bubba ('91??) were all being passed within the group.

Anybody been in touch with katsu? Last I was in contact with him I sent 20z to him down in the desert cus he was out of pot... LOL. Musta gave away all the cuts.... >snicker<.

ah..myths and legends. What would we do without 'em? (and how would High Times exist without 'em?)

EDIT: Too bad brother Northone isn't around...I know he'd have an angle on this as well as he was also in the group...

MISS YA BRO

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hindu whats up stranger?! Aint heard from you in a grip. Where you been homie? Lol, yeah Im definitely down for a good smokeout with ya! Get your opinion on the validity of the cut. Still rockin your bangin ass White Urkle cut too. Knock your dick in the dirt potency for sure! Thanks brotha!
Quest

J

John Ditchweed

cant remember my friend that seems like forever ago and ive been through so many others sence then, i did hear some talk that the BANANA came from a OGER PHENO ahh i dont know about that one...

most deffinetly payed my way to where im at now so things are sweet for me these days but im always thankful for everything i get STILL........

respect;)

I thought his banana was Oger x the banana runt pheno of yumbolt?? pheno selected by him him after that.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Okay a lil update on my Pre98 cuts. Theyre veggin pretty slow. True to form. Smellin sweet n spicey. Ill be veggin two up to flower. So Ill be doing some topping, maybe super croppin. Thinkin about a V-scrog gor this run. The larger on will be a mother. Ill be takin cuts in a week or so. Rooting them in my DIY Aero cloner. Getting set for transition to UCDWC. Here's a couple. Thanks for checkin me out! Peace.
Quest
IMG 20121106 183200
IMG 20121106 183249
IMG 20121106 183424

IMG 20121106 183249
IMG 20121106 183503
S

swisscheese

. Ive got some of the first seeds done of the BubbaxDeep chunk. F1 ,f2,and f3. Im betting I can find a nice one in some of these. Cats name was Mt.Nectar that made these some yrs ago. Be intersting to see how you do with this one Q. Most any of raskal 's gear rocks! Erk white no exception!,
Deep Chunk and Bubba will make some killer gear for sure. I think they are both of the same blood line personally as the structure is so close from what I've seen! Pop them!!

Top Bottom