• Tagged users None
e4ian

e4ian

yea.But so's this.Just to be sure.
Bubba kush bud katsu cut

KATSU BK

squiggly

squiggly

Im gonna have to do some research . Im sure we will find alot of the elites of old, came from the early intro of dutch genetics into the US......or are hybrids there of....

I think that's probably crazy talk.

Sure the dutch are great with genetics and pot these days--but lets remember where this counter culture really developed its roots at in the 50s/60s/70s

Netherlands didn't decriminalize until 1976--but America didn't really do much about weed until the drug war began, and by that time there were already elites around.

I think if we're being honest we'd find that a lot of the elites have their roots in the tropics--in particular Southeast Asia, Africa, and Central America/Carribean.

It's insane to attribute the roots of elite strains to anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, speaking frankly.

waayne

waayne

Ofcourse this is a matter of experience and opinion. lol I also said alot of....not all of! Ofcourse the US has created and maintained some of the best in the world. Believe it or not.....those companies supplyed alot of seed...early into the USA. Dna testing would be pretty neat.....
I believe you Hindu and I agree.....
I saw Nevilles seedstock end up in places like Mexico in the 80's as well as alot of Cali genetics that were grown in Mexico as well, and still are to this day.......
The most impressive Thai I ever smoked was grown in Mexico from imported Thai seeds in the early 80's
I'm sure some folks think that it is a landrace Mexican strain now though...LMAO
The Mexican product I'm referring to was sold as Domestic herb due to the high price for it at the time, $220o-2800 a lb
This herb contained pure Indica's ,hybrids ,Dutch Skunk and Cali genetics
It was grown by American expats.......
Most commercial Mexican at that time was going for $400 -$800 a lb
this herb was pretty much on par with Cali herb at the time and was priced about the same......

I see genetics where I live that are direct decendants of Dutch seed stock,some have been adapted and bred for the high altitude mountain environment where they are now grown

Personally I still play around with some old Haze genetics from Neville I acquired in the 80's
I'm pretty sure Dna testing would provide us with some surprising results......seedstock has been moving all around the globe for some time

UnionBlvd

UnionBlvd

I agree with you all for the most part. Silly argument...perhaps the nazi avatar provoked a response.

I was just speaking on elite clones. I've been smoking in the PNW for 25+, the stuff I see is mostly all USA underground shit. OG, Sour D, Blue Dream, Blueberry, Trainwreck, Bubba Kush, GDP, GSC etc... Look at the top 20 bud sales, you see any dutch genetics? Maybe SLH, AK47 that's about it. I've had Cherry AK & White Rhino, meh. I had all 4 of those at one time & trashed them in favor of better clones. jmho.

It should also be mentioned...Jack Herer, Original Haze, Skunk #1, Northern Lights, Durban Poision were all bred in America and sold to the Dutch guys in the first place so they could start their business. Sam Skunkman sifted through 10k+ plants to find the parents of Skunk#1.

But like yall said, the genetics were smuggled from all over the planet at one time. We're all lucky they did what they did, they made history and spread the seed across the planet. I still see some good dutch exceptions come thru once in a blue moon.. SSH, Widow, SLH. I'm sure there are many more.

DNA testing, now that would be very interesting! Is the technology here yet? Do it like the Human Genome Project on Nat Geo. Is Sensi Seeds responsible for my favorite old school local Ghani strain?

The Krinken

The Krinken

im also running 3 peyote purples from seed that are looking beautiful!! i will do a lot of breeding with one of them.. they dont seem very bubba like.. they grow a little faster and stretch a lot more, although they do have giant ass leaves the blades are much skinnier then typical bubbas and there seems to be a little sativa in them. cant wait to see how they smoke.

funny - now i supposedly have the original bubba and its a fairly quick vegger and it can stretch on you too...huge leaves...came from humboldt from a really good source...

so many stories on bubba we'll never get it straight lol

ogre kush has plenty of stories too - which i also have and love - came from the same sources....

good read tho for sure!

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Thats great! The original, eh? Would.dwfinitely like to see any pics you maybe able drop on us. Hell, I wouldnt mind seein that Ogre Kush either. Seen a pic in High Times 10-15 yrs ago that was labled Ogre, sent in by a reader. Big chunky, swollen calyxes. Looked awesome. Wonder if its the same cut...

The Krinken

The Krinken

ah man - i ran ogre for so long that i had to take a break from it - you would think i have pics of it but i dont - but i promise i'll put some up here - im gonna do about a lights worth this next run

i have some bubbas in flower now and i'll take a pic here when my lights come on a little later...stay tuned...

blis84

blis84

Kinda pissed dr greenthumbs new bubba is katsu x pre 98 but being sold as katsu s1s, does anyone know if this is confirmed or just a rumor like a lot of people who bash doc and really don't know either way. We had the original katsu cut but she was stolen with all our other elites so we picked up a pack of docs supposed katsu s1s. But I'm def gonna grab a pack of csi humboldts bubba s1s apparently it's the original bubba aka pre 98 bubba before swerve passed around his bubba cut as the pre 98 bubba which apparently it wasn't the same cut. So that's why nspecta said he calls his bubba original bubba now. Anyway its $200 for a 14 pack fem. sounds like u should be able to grab a pack and get multiple keepers with 14 fem beans. At the very least u can be picky as to what u choose to keep! Not the case with docs, there is only 4 beans per pack. Which he should be changing if they are not true katsu s1s. From what I understood what the katsu was a pain in the ass to reverse and only made limited number of beans And because its such a good cut doc wanted it to be available to the medical community, but because of the limited beans in order to be cost effective he had to bump up the price. But if he's reversing the pre 98 on the katsu cut he should be getting more seeds, and in turn should be either giving more seeds in his packs or dropping the price. And this kinda pisses me off because doc has always been honest to me, and either way his genetics will always be in our rooms, but I can't give him a pass on this, if he isn't reversing the katsu cut he shouldn't be calling them katsu s1s. It should be labeled katsu x pre 98. Which sounds sick anyway but that's besides the point. I'm looking for a heavy katsu dominate cut, and I already have a katsu bx we made using a katsu Dom rare dankness ox male as the outcross. And the ox is basically pre 98 x katsu bx aka katsu(katsu x blue moonshine) which we already have multiple keepers of, one is prob 70% katsu Dom and the other is the same but she has blueberry undertones I imagine from the blue moonshine. We also have multiple keepers from our katsu bx we made. and to me that's pretty much the same damn thing as katsu x pre 98.

trippinballz

trippinballz

Sounds like they very well could be his stock. I don't think anyone else was selling "OG" seed at the time. (or S-1's of much else..if anything) Definitely the first packs I ever saw (bought). $100 a pack...I'm sure you remember how fast they always went...

Dunno about the "pre 98"....but I'm pretty sure Katsu merely found a nice plant in the Organkid Bubba Kush S-1's that has gotten spread around and folks now think it's something completely different/from a different mom/etc.

good luck with the seeds...

blis84

blis84

I hear the csi humboldt is the original pre 98, then swerve started showing around his pre 98 which was different frôm nspectas so he changed his to original bubba to differentiate his from swerves . Swerves cut I believe is what is known as pre 98 today. Apparently the original is slightly better. Anyway don't quote me on this but I believe i heard the story in nspectas csi forum here.

N

nightmarecreature

The original bubba AKA 93 Bubba looks like the best of the bubba cuts. Ive been looking for this cut, it looks as dank as the OG's and I hear its the biggest yielder of the bunch. Ive never heard of 91 bubba only 93 bubba also called Original bubba. I think that is as far back as it goes. So much confusion...

Nice thread QleanerQuest!

dankninja

dankninja

found a katsu dominant pure keeper in about 30+ seeds of peyote purple, she is revegging for cuts now

mad katsu
MADKATSUREVEGsmall

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
So I got a couple seeds labeled Bubba Kush S1's that were sold circa 2004-2005 at Heavens Stairway...
Any ideas to what Bubba or Bubba's used in this time frame?
Are they from Orgnkid's Bubba?
I think it was the Katsu which was made by Ghost. And have heard lots of good results w those. I just got a couple of packs and was planning to pop a few for next run. Let me know if you get those going

Motarebel

Motarebel

The Ogre clone is a selection of SensiStar. Oger kush is slang for "OG" and used to identify orgnkid's cut with oger meaning "Original Gangsta" That line is where the "Ghost" cut first appeared. Also a company called 3C was making Bubba S1's at HS, looking back I think they were the 3littlebirds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom