Bubba's House - Light Dep, Climate Controlled, Blumats

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BubbaG

BubbaG

Thanks haha. Gas is cheap, just can't fix stupid you know?

Nice thing about working metal is that snow ain't too big a deal after its on the ground. Still need to frame the door...and a few more girts high on the gables.. and the ridge beam and then poly.... but it's starting to look like something.

Check out my doors - good thing I kept them facing my patio and they will be permanently blacked out (east wall) :cool:

BubbaG

BubbaG

This is one tall greenhouse!
Yeah man 12' sidewalls and 16' peak..... almost went with 14' SWs.... that would really have looked freakish.... as if this doesn't haha

Should have 10' of headroom left after the light dep clockwork... Thass a good nuff fo me :) someday I'll have a built-in arboretum attached to my home.... or rather my home will be attached to the arboretum.... that's gonna be cool.... someday

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Thanks haha. Gas is cheap, just can't fix stupid you know?

Nice thing about working metal is that snow ain't too big a deal after its on the ground. Still need to frame the door...and a few more girts high on the gables.. and the ridge beam and then poly.... but it's starting to look like something.

Check out my doors - good thing I kept them facing my patio and they will be permanently blacked out (east wall) :cool:

View attachment 508650 View attachment 508651
Nice, are you going to black it out with window film or something else?

BubbaG

BubbaG

The East wall will be permanently blacked, but the other 3 walls and the ceiling will get retractable black out shades..... being designed right now.... woot :smug:

Mine is similar to the attached pics, but dude tells me I'm getting a custom designed job that'll be easier to install (sure as fuck hope so - these directions are 38 pages long)..... cost is around 12K for all of it, so ~$75/sqft :banghead: (I rediscovered smilies - sorry :wtf:) but I could add another bay or two without adding significantly to the cost, so I would think for a medium sized light dep system - say 28x56 or so, the $/sqft would come down to $20-30/sqft... Maybe as low as $15/sqft...

Somebody asked that question awhile back right?:phantom::borg::shifty::cold:

BubbaG

BubbaG

I had help this weekend from a really good friend.... thanks to his help, I'm now at the point that I'm pretty sure I can finish it myself. Learning curve on the roof panels was friggin steep, but the 2nd one went in slick as snot..... well almost

I set the panel splice for the gable end at the roof peak so I would have a working point.... which I thought I needed but did not..... excellent design. Anyways.... when I stepped out to take a pic,I got a chuckle.... neighborhood probably things I'm setting up for a revival

Figure the reset of the roof and a good bit of the walls will go on tomorrow. The Genie lift is the only way to go. Here's a slightly elevated view :rolleyes:

420circuit

420circuit

I see you decided to remove the religious symbol in favor of something more contemporary.:D
Graffiti Anarchy

BubbaG

BubbaG

ok that's 3 sides and the roof - got help coming tomorrow - last side and door going on and lift is going back in the morning.

Fucker is damn near transparent..... some plants going in tomorrow I hope - I think when I go to move these plants and peel back the tent it's just be like a Borg cube of weed..

BubbaG

BubbaG

Doors and framing on East mostly done - east wall poly and exhaust fan tomorrow - I'll add the powered shutter later.... she ain't exactly air tight yet haha, but will move in this week. Now the real work starts.... upotting from #8 to #45 pots - labor of love though

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I really like the gutter system. That will save you a lot of head ache. My greenhouse catches so much water, that when it rains it all runs down the sides of the greenhouse, then floods right at both side walls. It's a real problem. However, with your gutter system you should be able to catch that rain water and use it in your grow. Very nice feature.

Top Bottom