Bubba's House - Light Dep, Climate Controlled, Blumats

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BubbaG

BubbaG

Hi all. I just pulled the trigger on the attached order and expect to have my first 12'wide x 14'long x 12'high (sidewall, 18' at at peak) greenhouse built and in operation by mid Febraury.... merry Christmas to me dammit. Lead time for the design and manufacture is about a month and then about a week to get it built I figure plus two weeks of contingency for Murphy :-p.

I decided to stay under 200 sqft per GH as I didn't want to pay the swag for a permit..... was gonna be like 3K just for the permit on the 20x24 that I was originally going to build.... now I plan to end up with 2 to 3 separate units, which will cost me more on duplicated motors and such in the blackout system when I'm fully built out.... but it also gives me some redundancy, which I'm a fan of.

I will hopefully order the first light dep system (another ~10K per greenhouse) at about the time I will start needing to deprive this Spring.... not ideal but this shit costs a grip yo. Here's a generic view of the greenhouse that I'm going with... picture the sidewalls 33% higher than they are in the pic and you'll have an idea how mine's gonna look hehe.... kinda Dr. Seussish. Has to be tall though to accommodate light dep and significant supplemental lighting and still leave you with enough canopy headroom. These greenhouses will have a full 8' high canopy before getting to the lights and light dep clockwork.

Ok, nuff talk. I'll journal as I go.
Bubbas house   light dep climate controlled blumats

Bubbas house   light dep climate controlled blumats 2

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Way to go Bubba!! Excited to see this in action!

You got a killer genetic lineup of clones, and of course the CP homies will provide more seed than you could ever get through in a lifetime.

Particularly looking forward to seeing that tora bora in full bloom under glass. Should be a beauty!

BubbaG

BubbaG

@NaturalTherapy Thanks man. I'm a novice to indoor growing.... total noob to outside growing so I'll likely hound you with questions.... fair warning :-)

The Tora Bora rocks, I hope she does well outside. Here's the last time I flowered her inside under the Phillips Elite Agro 315w bulbs and using blumats. That's her in the bottom right, fades so purple she's almost black.... just a kickass plant, robust as hell too.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

How's it going bud, did you receive the stuff it? I know they have a month-long backorder for the big parts right?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Very nice! Who did you order from?

I have one 30x48x18 greenhouse and I am about to order another 8x50x12. First I got from Envirotech, and the second I am getting from Fartech. Hope you didn't go with Envirotech.......

BubbaG

BubbaG

Very nice! Who did you order from?

I have one 30x48x18 greenhouse and I am about to order another 8x50x12. First I got from Envirotech, and the second I am getting from Fartech. Hope you didn't go with Envirotech.......

Thanks man. Farmtek! They've been great so far... course I did just give them a 18k order. I had to bag on meeting with the engineer cause my day job got in da way :-( I'll talk to them tomorrow most likely. I'm really looking forward to the double wall polycarbonate panels... should insulate pretty well....

BubbaG

BubbaG

Had the conference call with the engineers today. Very cool. Worst case, delivery is out to early March.... I think I can stay on schedule, barely. The inaugural crop is (2) up-pots away from needing to be in the greenhouse... Be close, gonna be the biggest transplants I've ever done by far... 7g pots.... should be doable if I let em dry out a bit.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

How are you going to design the light dependency part? What parts? I'm so curious. I've been wanting to do this for years and years. three thread, would love to hear your design ideas.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I would keep on top of those guys and make sure you install gets scheduled as well. I didn't get my greenhouse up and fully inspected until July 14th last year and still produced 30+ units. I had a mad dash to get 20 yards of soil potted but, you got time.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Actually, I'll be putting it up myself.... or some of my guys will hopefully - I do metal trades construction.... The last new building structure I erected (haha I said erect hehe - I'm sitting in titty bar in Tucson atm) was ~6,000 tons of fabricated structural steel 220' at t.o.s designed to support a steam generator (~18,000 tons of fabricated tubing surface) hung in the interior of the structure..... hopin I can handle this project :-)

My Gh is small bro. 14x12x12' sidewalls.... to avoid permit obstacles.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Ok I have to ask. National code says anything over 6ft requires a permit. How did you get around that?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

6' in height. Even a fence that is 6' tall is suppose to have a permit and foundation inspection. I know, I know. Stared doing my construction career in a city where it's way over regulated, but it's technically in the national code.

I guess I am asking, how did you get around code. What things did the city dictate? Only the 200 sq ft? If so that's pretty loose. Where I put up my greenhouse it didn't matter if you had 100 sq ft or 10,000, you would be subject to getting a permit. Grade the ground, permit. Foundation inspection, finial inspections, ext ext.

420circuit

420circuit

Hey Bulldog, did you do plumbing also, inside sinks and drains?

A greenhouse looks like a lot of fun, a place to hang with the plants with natural light, sounds like a dream compared to donning the MethodSevens in order to survive the grow room sodiums without going blind. Planning to build a shed and was considering a clear roof or at least a couple panels. The only problem with a greenhouse is if the walls are transparent enough to see thru, your neighbors will be entertained.:D "Bubba, put your pants on!";)

Last edited:
Top Bottom