Bubba's House - Light Dep, Climate Controlled, Blumats

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Love your setup, doesn't look like there is a problem with the amount of light it blocks...great attention to the details.

BubbaG

BubbaG

@johnnyrotten Thanks man!! I was worried about the shade factor too, but it's not going to be a problem for summer crops. Winter crops will shaded out by the West blacked out wall, but I plan to get a drop down curtain on it soon so the top 6-7' of that wall will pass sunlight when the curtains are opened....

But I don't think the CO sun has enough ass in the winter for the light levels I'm shooting for anyway. Part of that wiring job was to get setup (work not done yet lol) to run receptacles up high which will be wired and controlled through the contactor control box. Gonna run six outlets up high and will be hanging my (6) 315W elite Agro CMH fixtures up there for supplemental lighting..... woot!!

I've always preferred growing from seed so that's in my game plan also. I'm not keeping cuts... much. I plan to seed a branch of the YetiOG with some Yeti OG x The White pollen that someone I know has... I ought to get some seed off the big Lucky Charm too - she's a brute

BubbaG

BubbaG

My last automation step will be fertilization I think. I'm probably going with a system like this, then into the Blumat pressure reducer then to the blumats.

gonna inject kind line probably, I've had real good luck with dyna grow in this fashion.... potent and massive.... taste suffers a bit, but maybe not with kind line plus teas, we'll see. It's like an IV drip for plants.... this bud was grown indoors in a 5g smart pot with the DG IV :-)

BubbaG

BubbaG

While I do a decent job designing and building systems, I still consider myself to be a noob when it comes to actual cultivation... as evidenced by the untimely execution of my largest Yeti OG... oh well. Everybody else in there appreciates the heavy feeding... mostly

BubbaG

BubbaG

Bringing down the big Yeti.... she just didn't bounce back after rejecting the nutes..... hardly any aroma other than smelling like a vegetable... decent trichomes.... gonna make fresh frozen bubble.

That's her on the left. On the right is the other Yeti... not as big (only 7' not 9' like her sister), but much better bud structure and killer aroma.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Back on track - buds are really piling on now 4-5 more weeks or so to harvest (knock on wood).

Perspective for 1st time visitors. Bamboo poles are 8' and grow space is 12'x12'x12'

I can't tell any difference in bud structure of the DVC and LSD grown outside vs. previous grows indoors - lookin nice and dense - timeline seems the same as indoors..

Next crop will really tell the story though... should be ready around Christmas - vegging now under CMHs

Last edited:
BubbaG

BubbaG

Ok y'all. I can say with some certainty that my light dep system is not going to be a light stress problem. Doesn't get anywhere near pitch black in there when the curtains are closed but it's good enough.

NO HERMS!!!!

Humidity will be my battle, but I don't think it will be too tough. Retrospect I should have went with a mini split AC instead of the Evap cooler. ..... that'll be an upgrade down the road.

Other than that, I declare Bubba's house ready for production.

I will be opening a new journal in the CO section cause that's where my homies hang out. I hope this helps out some folks.

L8r
Bubba

stonestacker

stonestacker

Nice Bubbag.
I've enjoyed this build and log. If you don't mind post a link for the new journal.

Top Bottom