Bubble Bull (dream Beaver)

• Thread starter LI grows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LI grows

LI grows

Good Morning,
Im gonna attempt some breeding... I purchased 11 Dream Beaver seeds a only 1/11 popped. Its a BOY.
I got Full credit but, i used it on another strain (sunshine daydream). Which is coming along in veg now.
I have a couple of clones from Dream beaver male and a few days ago flipped a small one into my 9x7- 2100watt bloom chamber.
I wrapped him up in plastic wrap to prevent pollinating my whlole room and control which plants get pollinated.
I only have 2 strains at this time able to pollinate and both are feminized. Liberty Haze and Red Cherry Berry.

My questions are: Am I wasting my time and risking pollinating the whole room if its a bad idea to use Fems in this experiment?
And should i shake the pollen onto the female several times over a few week period?
How long after i stop pollinating a female should i allow her to finish?

Some Pics...
Bubble bull dream beaver
Bubble bull dream beaver 2
Unknown 2

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like you need a much bigger gene pool to select from.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry, let me answer your questions.

Yes, you are risking pollination of the entire crop. Just wrapping in plastic will do nothing. It needs to be sealed with a carbon filter drawing negative air pressure. I would take out the male, and collect pollen from it, then paint the females. You want to pollinate around day 25-32, and you only need to do it once. Plants should then go till full maturity.

As for being a small gene pool, you only had one male and a hand full of females. When I breed, I try to pop several hundred seeds before I make a decision.

LI grows

LI grows

I dont have 100 seeds to choose a male from nor do i have the comprehesion of genetics and chromosomes to do it like that.
I suppose i could figure out a way to facilitate the male in another room, thats gonna be a challenge.

This like a lottery for me. Hoping I get lucky. I dont want to risk my whole crop though.
I have perpetual style grow with 8-9 groups and harvest/flip weekly, so i should have a plant in stock thats in week 3-4.

What about using a feminized plant for carrying the seeds? This Liberty Haze plant seems bomb proof compared to other strains ive tried. Shes been going strong for 2 years now. Good bud too.
Unknown
Unknown 12

Top Bottom