BubbleBag question (powder ice or sticky ice hash)

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weedgirl

I have made bubble bag hash twice and from 2 different strains .

First time I used dry plant material and the ICE I got was in "powder" form. I could press it in to hash using a bottle of warm water or a hash presser, but it came out as powder when it dried. (i chopped it in to a pile with a credit card when it was still wet)

2nd time I used fresh plant material, and the ICE came out in "hash" form. Like a sticky gel or mud like lump of ice hash. (I could barely scrape it off the mesh screen it was so sticky)

I got a bunch of fresh plant material now, and I am going to bubblebag all if it. (including buds) thanks to some mildew problems, but i really want it in powder form, and not in sticky mud form.

Do anyone have any info on this subject? Is the form of the dry ice hash a result of the strain or of the condition of the plant material or what?

C

cheech

All hash will powder up if it's dry enough. Trichomes are trichomes in the end. Dry sift,
'bubble', dry ice, doesn't matter how you separate them from the buds.... Do you have a dehumidifier drawer in your fridge? That's how I dry mine out. But it shouldn't be that wet after you use the press screen that should have come with your bubble bag set.

If you don't have a dehumidifier drawer you can put it on a plate and set it on top of some duct work if you're heater is running.. That will get the moisture out too.

Enjoy your hash!

E

ent

It was the condition of the starting material. Wet plant material will produce a higher quality and stickier hash. The reason the hash from the dry material was more powdery was likely due to more contaminants. The yield was likely higher too. If that is the consistency you are looking for let the buds dry first. Or when you dry it after you scrape the hash let it sit for a while but they both degrade the quality of the hash. Since you are starting with pathogens on your buds it is a good idea to freeze it at least overnight. Then place it in a bucket of water so you can skim the floating mold off the top. Then do your bubble run.

convex

convex

Personally, I wouldn't do dry sift if your product has PM, water will be a better choice.

Re: Dry hash vs. "Gel/mud" ... did you use the same micron bags for each run?

Cheers

W

weedgirl

Personally, I wouldn't do dry sift if your product has PM, water will be a better choice.

Re: Dry hash vs. "Gel/mud" ... did you use the same micron bags for each run?

Cheers

No not the very same once, but the same micron size and brand (just bigger bags the 2nd time around)

Top Bottom