Bubblegun F2 & Nycd F3

• Thread starter Quagmire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quagmire

Quagmire

Officially starting over.. I wasted the past month on NON Auto's and now I know why I'm so sold on AF Strains.. 3wks vegging and flipped to 12/12 only to find out I was 4 for 4.. all Male Plants of BOG's Bogglegum and 3 out of 4 Auto's male.. had this male bad luck hit me before but it's been years..

The difference I've found growing from seed, which I prefer for their robust growth vs clones..in Reg seeds and AF strains is: with AF I know within 14-21 days what I have and I like that.. I can sex my plants before I transplant them and stretch their legs a bit.. males seem to show fast, 14 days last time... nice. but since I have so many Reg Seeds I'll be throwing some of them in time to time also.. but Auto's will be my main growing forum from now on..

Strains: 6 - Bubblegun F2's ....... 4 - NYCD F3's .......... 4 - Banana OG x Blueberry .............
Popped up: 6 Bubblegun's .......... 2 NYCD with one questionable ..... 2 Banana OG X BB ....

Soil & Foods: Roots Organic Soil & Roots Organic Buddha Grow/Bloom, Oregonism XL for the Endo/Ecto-Mycorrhizae, Roots Elemantal micro/macro nutrients, Roots Organics HP 0-4-0 Bat Guano, Roots Organics HPK 0-5-4, Roots Organics Uprising Bloom...... I'd like to add the catalyst they carry and
Roots Organics Extreme Serene for kelp and other goodies and Gognat...

Light: 400w hps open air bat wing reflector...

updates weekly, stay tuned campers.. Q

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i just keep my plants in solo cups until i sex them and then up pot. even if they were females with 3 weeks veg you would,nt really have gotten much in the way of yield. good luck with those autos

Quagmire

Quagmire

i just keep my plants in solo cups until i sex them and then up pot. even if they were females with 3 weeks veg you would,nt really have gotten much in the way of yield. good luck with those autos

Well, when I grow Auto's I keep them in solo cups because they show sex earlier.. but in order to get a higher yield from Reg seeds, I transplant into large pots at 2wks to get them to spread their legs a bit and bulk up. I usually get 2-3oz from a plant vegged 3wks, strain dependent at times, but on average I do pretty good.. and again why I now prefer Autos'.. tired of vegging for a month to get mostly males and cannot afford feminized seeds..
Check out a thread here on my Bubblegun grow to see how big my Auto's were.. 3ft and pulled over 2oz of one plant.. these new autos are nice compared to small ones of old.. stay tuned and we'll see how these turn out man.. cheers.

Quagmire

Quagmire

I guess it's time to update my thread huh? I am so in love with this Bubblegun, and the f2's are more uniform then any cross I've ever goofed off with. With a little help from our local AF Guru I'll get her backcrossed and stable to share with others then.. I have a few doing test grows with her and feed back should be coming in soon..

Here is what showed in the end: 5 - Bubblegun f2's ....1 - NYCD f3 ..
...... 2 - Banana OG X BB ........ 1 - Bogglegum f3 ...... 9 Total so I should get a few ladies out of this one.. and I intend on backcrossing the BG again to make more seed stock and this time I might get a few males to choose from, plus hit all other females with a BG male... just hobby breeding for myself really.. The Bogglegum was just born yesterday, most others are between 5-7 days old..

Photo 1: (5) - Bubblegun Auto ( AK47 x Sour60) (1) NYCD Day #7
BG f2

Photo 2: Bubblegun f2 up close... possible male, kinda tall..
BG f2 day 8

Photo 3: NYCD F3 .. my 1st try with this Auto
NYCD F3

Photo 4: Banana OG x Blueberry (Non-Auto) will veg grow her throughout the Auto life and flip her after the few months.. hopefully get a nice yield after topping her a few ties and some LST.
Banana OG

This will be a fun thread to watch... because these BGun plants will go from this size at a week old to almost 3ft tall in next few weeks.. it is truly an amazing cross that I intend to backcross and bring out the Sour60 pheno which really stands out from the AK pheno ..... stay tuned for weekly updates..

north knect

north knect

Good stuff man..I'm subbed to see how these bubblegun f2's perform..il post my grow when mine get here..thx again man happy farming :D

Quagmire

Quagmire

So far a male has shown, much faster then last grow as it took 15 days and not 10 or less... wondering now if flipping them to 12/12 like regular plants made them get so large.. well, time will tell huh? Many look female. I also started these in the smaller red solo cups and now think with Auto's your better off going 1gal min to start, of which they sit in now with 3gal pots awaiting the best looking females to go into as I only have like 3.. and a few round ones from older days.. more to come.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Today more showed their sex... culled 2 male Bubblegun not worthy of making any seedlings with but then low and behold I see this short node spaced bulk looking at me and it's the NYCD F3 .. so since I am the hobby breeder I am guess what.. I will be pollinating my BG f2 girls, of which 3 showed today, and 2 possible females of a non auto Banana OG x Blueberry lovelies.. like I said, just goofing off and having fun..
So far then I've got 3 known ladies of the same Bubblegun I just ran, not sure they will get as large as the others as I started these in red solo cups instead of 1gal pots and what a big mistake that may have been... anyway. more photos when I can get some batteries for the camera... doh..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Did some transplanting and ran out of soil... but did manage to get 2 of the Sour60 pheno's of Bubblegun into 3gal pots.
And both of the regular photo period Banana OG X BB are girls too.. I had to 12/12 them and slipped them into the spare bathroom to do so leaving the room on 18/6.. I am seeing a little size difference by not starting Auto's in at least 1gal pots like last time until sex showed..
Here's what they are looking like as of 2 days ago..

IMG 0002
IMG 0005
IMG 0007

Quagmire

Quagmire

FIM = F_ck I missed.. me and a friend have a difference of opinion of just what FIM stands for. My research showed it was a technique found on accident as grower was topping a plant and his scissor tip nicked another part of the plant.. the results were the lower growth blowing up while the cut parts mend.. this usually results in better branching for me.
Meanwhile he states I'm wrong, so wondering what others think what F.IM. stands for and how it's done..
Supercropping = I found this cool technique reading Soma's Grow Book. It's when you pinch the stems by rolling the stem in your fingers and pinching it until you find the correct side that has give. When you pinch it you feel a little pop
on the right side, wrong side nothing happens as there is no give, so rotate the branch in your fingers and pinch.. later on you actually see a small bruise where you did this and I do it on the main stem and every branch about half way to the main bud on that branch... what occurs is everything above the pinch blows up nicely..
These 2 techniques have served me well in the past many years and I swear by them along with LST of tying back branches, bending main stem over to 90 degrees almost breaking the stem... a knot forms here and trust me, the plant loves this too... abuse her I say.. LOL>
IMG 0008

Quagmire

Quagmire

Wow.. just realized I've not done any decent updates since 4/11... so here are the girls a mere 8 days later and wow... I culled one of the Banana OG x BB because of unimpressive growth characteristics.. looked kinda retarded to me, but the one I kept is so beautiful and by the leaf development is mostly Indica for sure.
Banana OG x BB = Monkey Berry, what ya think?
anyway, since she is a photo period strain and not an auto, I sexed her and then put her back in the grow room under 18/6 so she'll fill out and produce more while the Auto's finish up. So I topped all the growing shoots too and boy are they starting to take off and should have 14 branches when all said and done.
Bubblegun F1 Auto I did get 3 nice ladies, one is for sure the AK47 pheno as I grew the Serious Seeds version for 3yrs and know what it looks like and it's this plant, meanwhile the other 2 are Sour60 dominant for sure and tonight I get them with the remaining pollen I collected off that NYCD male you seen earlier in this thread.. hoping to get tighter nodes and better branching.. now compare also the 2 Sour60 girls as one I experimented on and did a technique called F.I.M. cutting which stands for ( Fu_k I Missed) where you trim about half the leaf material off the top area of the plant to get the lower branches to start growing.. it did retard bud development a wee bit and you can see it is a little behind her twin sister and is no longer her exact twin.. did I accidentally find a way to slow down an Auto and get her to fill out better.. lets see at finish time ok.. and here they are..

IMG 0033
IMG 0022
IMG 0027
IMG 0022
IMG 0031
IMG 0032
IMG 0027

north knect

north knect

Looking good man I can't wait to pop some of these for sure!! Thx again man..subbed in for the show :D

Quagmire

Quagmire

The last shot is the Banana OG x Blueberry.. After I got the sex I flipped her back, wanna grow my first tree so topped her every shoot and bushing her out for a nice yield.. and how about that Bubblegun at less then a month into flowering.. what is really cool is they showed sex within 2wks. And I tell ya what, starting Auto Flowering plants in larger pots sure made a big diff.. last grow I started them in 1gal pots, this grow I used red solo plastic drinking cups and I noticed a big difference in plant size by this time.. luck with yours bro..

north knect

north knect

One question I do have about the autos..I always hear people refer to the pot size but how would they do in 1gal till sexed them but right in the ground with ammended soil? That's wat I do with regs and figure by time these sex I should be able to a super carful transplant with out much or any stress..might be a question for seraphim but wats ur take?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Oh, I can help you there for sure buddy... because in my 1st 2 grows I experimented with just that, not going outside but with pot size. First grow I did exactly what your stating, start them in 1gal pots until they sexed at about day #14, then into 3gal pots... 2nd grow I started them in the red solo cups and then into 3gal pots... only difference I noticed M8te was a wee bit of loss in height this grow.. mostly though because I was low on soil... hahaha.
But seriously bro.. from now on for me it's start them in 1gal pots until they show sex and then into 3gal pots.. So same would work for you I'm sure of it.. What Seraphim actually recommends for indoor is to start them off in the 3gal pots and no transplanting, and that works if it's a feminized seedling, but to start 8 seeds and have to sex them its a lot of soil mix..

Quagmire

Quagmire

I'm supposed to be receiving from a trade about 6-10 new Auto Strains, some in original packaging so hopefully something I can work with..
The girls are really starting to look nice.. one is being a bit finicky but think I may have stressed her a bit with too much pinching at one time..aka: Supercropping. (Soma's Technique). Here they are just 1 day short of a week later and much better photos.. peace

First up is the finicky BubbleguN F1 who I had to trim some damaged leaf's from today.
IMG 0032

Next up is the 1st Sour60 who is looking very AK47ish... which I grew for a few years.
IMG 0014

And here is the twin of her that I F.I.M. cut (Fu_k I Missed). A trimming technique a guy found by mistake nicking a flower near the spot he was trimming. All I can say is I'm very happy with the results..
IMG 0017

And the Non-Auto.. Banana OG x Original Blueberry. This girl was sexed, revegged and topped afterwards 9+ times to create many many branches and budsites. I'll be flowering her very soon...
IMG 0028

Updated photos in a week... feel free to ask questions and thanks for stopping by

north knect

north knect

Lookin good man..so it seems super cropping seems to work quite well..something il take into account for sure..so ya I will be starting in one gal then..or mb 2 litres till sexed..my current grow has about 10 days till harvest so il be starting these in the next few weeks pending on weather outside..happy farming

Quagmire

Quagmire

Hey, I don't want you to get confused.. the technique I did to get that plant to bush out was called: F.I.M. cutting. Tell ya what, I have the wife take a photo soon of me doing it to another plant so you get the idea. Hard to explain without a visual. Supercropping following Soma's book is pinching the growing stems ok.. I do that later in flowering compared to the F.I.M. cut. A guy found that out on accident and why it's call F_ck I Missed as he cut into another flower on accident ok.. what he thought was a major screw up later on had these results...
Looking forward to see your Bubblegun man.. best of luck.

north knect

north knect

Hey, I don't want you to get confused.. the technique I did to get that plant to bush out was called: F.I.M. cutting. Tell ya what, I have the wife take a photo soon of me doing it to another plant so you get the idea. Hard to explain without a visual. Supercropping following Soma's book is pinching the growing stems ok.. I do that later in flowering compared to the F.I.M. cut. A guy found that out on accident and why it's call F_ck I Missed as he cut into another flower on accident ok.. what he thought was a major screw up later on had these results...
Looking forward to see your Bubblegun man.. best of luck.
My bad I misread that..and ya I'm familiar with both techniques..I've used the FIM tech before but not supercropping...thanks for clearing that up tho

Quagmire

Quagmire

Not a prob.. I'm really surprised the difference it made in an Auto Flowering plant though.. especially seeing's how these started off identical twins of the same Pheno,.. check out the difference as here I've split things up better..

FIM experiment
IMG 0024
IMG 0030

str8smokn

str8smokn

@Quagmire How do they look my friend,it's been a little bit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom