Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
So it's holding itself. That PC1 is amazing stuff no doubt. I can't imagine a plant sitting in compost pile without some assault of some type on multiple levels. Hearty Strong breeds that meet the following conditions;

Capable of 20%>
Bug resistant
Fungi/Mold Resistant
Large
Compact Tight Internodes
Dense
Fast Flowering <8-9wk

I know that's a big wish list, so able to omit one category or so, especially for ones that check boxes in other places. But I suspect there's many cultivars that meet the above criteria well.

What would be at the top of your list? Say top 3... I did a pretty good defol a few days ago, so she's bouncing back right now.
Here's the blueberries; Week 3, I think.View attachment 1171662
If there was a perfect cultivar... I wouldn't have so many.
Best one is the one I'm smoking. 😏
Those White Tahoe Cookies bro, that's looking very interesting.
That's what I'm smoking. 🥴

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Everytime the holy grail topic comes up I explain this to people lol
I suppose your both correct in that regard. I guess I'm talking along breeding lines I suppose. Mating those knock it out of the park solid traits, with different inclinations of flavors, especially for the newer growers.

Guys like yawl have room, and plenty of places to spread out and do your thing. Plus acumen. It makes things a little more straight forward, plus that's not even speaking to the actual collective experience here. That said, I'm always tying to think about the more inexperienced among us, and making good selections based upon available space, ease of grow, time investment, ect. Nothing worse I think for some intermediate, or the new comer to make bad choices, then have a bad/difficult experience down the line. Especially sucks if you only got room for one or two plants. It seems some cultivars are best attempted by experience growers, with sufficient safeguards in place, so the grow doesn't go off the rail.

ie. The solid Indica's that make growing easy peasy. Looks like there's lots that fit into this category these days. But you fella's certainly have much better optics into that, than I certainly do. I mean, I've had Tahoe Cookies before, but I've never grown it, and was honestly surprised to see that it's categorized as an Indica, TBH.

I always considered it an advanced or at minimum, an intermediate difficulty level growing plant, cause of the GSC heritage. But now that I'm looking at GSC, and it's classified as an Indica also, so that one kind of throw's me off some too. It's not what I would typically consider Indica traits. Plus, I've head she's a finicky longer flowering girl, so I've never attempted. I usually try to stay more southward of 9 weeks, usually, I suppose. So she's just along the upper periphery of what I would attempt. Especially within the confines of my current gig.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nothing is perfect for sure and I smoke 3/4 different strains almost everyday-I’m guess you do as well , take 3/4 of the good ones and mix em together that’s about as perfect as flower gets for me.
Agreed, there's nothing better than blending/mixing strains together. Especially if your trying to break though a tolerance barrier. I know that one for sure. We picked that from Aquaman, and the epilepsy expert he put us in touch with awhile back, when Mary was hitting a wall on tolerance.

Potency is a real issue for us. Always looking for ways to break though those barriers. That's another reason I've been on the psilocybin train, thinking it might be a good option for me. Plus, I've been coming off these pain medicines (for years) and I'm down to virtually nil, so I need something to counterbalance it. I'll be off all narcotics completely, in the coming months. I'm feeling pretty good, occasional headaches aside. I don't know why, but thoughts of strawberry cough keep popping up in my head, for the past week or so. That's what I would typically consider a mid, but it's got such a knockout punch, and good solid flavor profile.

I've always been a bit of a lightweight, but these days my tolerance has been higher also. I've contemplated going to concentrates, or edibles. Dry ice is nowhere to be found, cause of flu, I think. I've got a few pounds of stuff that needs to be made into hash, but I never done it with just water, or ice.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Everytime the holy grail topic comes up I explain this to people lol
Holy Grail Kush?... Yep... Have that. 😂

I suppose your both correct in that regard. I guess I'm talking along breeding lines I suppose. Mating those knock it out of the park solid traits, with different inclinations of flavors, especially for the newer growers.

Guys like yawl have room, and plenty of places to spread out and do your thing. Plus acumen. It makes things a little more straight forward, plus that's not even speaking to the actual collective experience here. That said, I'm always tying to think about the more inexperienced among us, and making good selections based upon available space, ease of grow, time investment, ect. Nothing worse I think for some intermediate, or the new comer to make bad choices, then have a bad/difficult experience down the line. Especially sucks if you only got room for one or two plants. It seems some cultivars are best attempted by experience growers, with sufficient safeguards in place, so the grow doesn't go off the rail.

ie. The solid Indica's that make growing easy peasy. Looks like there's lots that fit into this category these days. But you fella's certainly have much better optics into that, than I certainly do. I mean, I've had Tahoe Cookies before, but I've never grown it, and was honestly surprised to see that it's categorized as an Indica, TBH.

I always considered it an advanced or at minimum, an intermediate difficulty level growing plant, cause of the GSC heritage. But now that I'm looking at GSC, and it's classified as an Indica also, so that one kind of throw's me off some too. It's not what I would typically consider Indica traits. Plus, I've head she's a finicky longer flowering girl, so I've never attempted. I usually try to stay more southward of 9 weeks, usually, I suppose. So she's just along the upper periphery of what I would attempt. Especially within the confines of my current gig.
Even the White Tahoe Cookie doesn't meet your time constraints... I mean, you could cut it at nine weeks, but I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice.
You're probably going to want to let that Old Blueberry go longer than that as well... Next time I run it, I'll let it go Eleven weeks.
T-1000 is the cut (I have) that I'd encourage everyone, and especially new(er) farmers to give a go. It's fast, yields well, smokes great, and has "the look".

Nothing is perfect for sure and I smoke 3/4 different strains almost everyday-I’m guess you do as well , take 3/4 of the good ones and mix em together that’s about as perfect as flower gets for me.
Me too... Maybe seven or eight. 😁
I smoke joints just about exclusively. The ground up flower that doesn't fit gets pushed into the corner of the kief box... I'll roll that mix up when there's enough... Might add a little kief to it.🥴

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Agreed, there's nothing better than blending/mixing strains together. Especially if your trying to break though a tolerance barrier. I know that one for sure. We picked that from Aquaman, and the epilepsy expert he put us in touch with awhile back, when Mary was hitting a wall on tolerance.

Potency is a real issue for us. Always looking for ways to break though those barriers. That's another reason I've been on the psilocybin train, thinking it might be a good option for me. Plus, I've been coming off these pain medicines (for years) and I'm down to virtually nil, so I need something to counterbalance it. I'll be off all narcotics completely, in the coming months. I'm feeling pretty good, occasional headaches aside. I don't know why, but thoughts of strawberry cough keep popping up in my head, for the past week or so. That's what I would typically consider a mid, but it's got such a knockout punch, and good solid flavor profile.

I've always been a bit of a lightweight, but these days my tolerance has been higher also. I've contemplated going to concentrates, or edibles. Dry ice is nowhere to be found, cause of flu, I think. I've got a few pounds of stuff that needs to be made into hash, but I never done it with just water, or ice.
IMG 20210923 0940426912
IMG 20210923 0937281012

Moshmen

Moshmen

Holy Grail Kush?... Yep... Have that. 😂

Even the White Tahoe Cookie doesn't meet your time constraints... I mean, you could cut it at nine weeks, but I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice.
You're probably going to want to let that Old Blueberry go longer than that as well... Next time I run it, I'll let it go Eleven weeks.
T-1000 is the cut (I have) that I'd encourage everyone, and especially new(er) farmers to give a go. It's fast, yields well, smokes great, and has "the look".

Me too... Maybe seven or eight. 😁
I smoke joints just about exclusively. The ground up flower that doesn't fit gets pushed into the corner of the kief box... I'll roll that mix up when there's enough... Might add a little kief to it.🥴
We scrape the tray occasionally and put it in its own jar hard tellin what’s in there ? Lol

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
We scrape the tray occasionally and put it in its own jar hard tellin what’s in there ? Lol
Worked with a guy that he and his wife would save all of their roaches, in a jar, and twist those up when things were tight... I've always smoked 'til there's nothing left.
I fill those caps with reclaim from the dab rig! Lol good for when u need a good nites sleep and a wake n bake the next day without even smokin. Lmao
Oh shit. 🤪🥴😴

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

This is what I do for a living so I don’t have a choice lol. Growing is different for everyone, me I’ve never read a grow book in my life. Everything I’ve learned is off trial and error but that’s how I learn best.
Mybadvice is to just keep getting different stuff in round after round. Because. O matter how great a strain is your body gets use to it if that all your smoking. More variety the less you have to smoke to get there.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
This is what I do for a living so I don’t have a choice lol. Growing is different for everyone, me I’ve never read a grow book in my life. Everything I’ve learned is off trial and error but that’s how I learn best.
Mybadvice is to just keep getting different stuff in round after round. Because. O matter how great a strain is your body gets use to it if that all your smoking. More variety the less you have to smoke to get there.
Variety is what I'm gathering the market wants these days... My broker woulda blown a gasket if I showed up all Baskin-Robbins... Now, Dudes want thirty one flavors plus toppings.
Hey Bud here is another one you might want to give a try when you get some room.
Manderine cookies
I like the looks of that... Nicely done!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I fill those caps with reclaim from the dab rig! Lol good for when u need a good nites sleep and a wake n bake the next day without even smokin. Lmao

Reclaim is fuckiin' knockout juice. Between the THC being active and a lot of it being converted to cbn, it's some devastating stuff.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Are those with like a kief extract of some type? So your saying 10-11 week's is pretty average and normal then, Is what I'm hearing. Just cutting myself off from some really interesting possibilities by doing so. How late into flowering are you spraying labs bud?
Hey Bud here is another one you might want to give a try when you get some room.
Manderine cookies
Nice job man. Those buds are ginormous too. lol

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Are those with like a kief extract of some type? So your saying 10-11 week's is pretty average and normal then, Is what I'm hearing. Just cutting myself off from some really interesting possibilities by doing so. How late into flowering are you spraying labs bud?

Nice job man. Those buds are ginormous too. lol
No... Those are just infused coconut oil, made with trim, put into gel caps.
Yes... Ten-eleven weeks pretty common flower time, IME.
I typically quit spraying LABs a couple of weeks before harvest.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What is this Labs spray you guys are talking about?
Lactobacillus. I've also been toying around today with Bifidobacterium, that's a species that were referred to as "Lactobacillus bifidus" until about 1960's and is used as active cultures in creating Yogurt. Some of these have obvious potential to enhance taste, and alter/improve terpene profiles, no doubt, and I've been using them in salt solutions to naturally raise my pH before feedings, producing enzymes, and phospholipid for uptake, during flower. With the added benefit of creating some additional C02. No question the plants really respond well to this stuff, regardless if it's placed in the root zone, or sprayed up above on the canopy. In fact, It keeps the plants scrubby clean up above it seems. I didn't start spraying above until I've seen bud doing the same.

The stuff I'm putting up above is basically a "cleaner" version, (of what I was putting in root zone) that's just the bacterium themselves, and a small amount of various sugars that have been fermented, to increase bacterial counts.

I've seen buds process as well, and it's much the same, and I was surprised to see he was coating the entire plants. But looking closer, it makes perfect sense. There like little "scrubbers" that clean tissues (plant or animal) and are being closely studied. lactobacilli or other genera of probiotics are used as an adjuvant treatment during anticancer chemotherapy. (They digest the mucus and rebalance Glycogen metabolism).

Some of these microbes are actually being bred, and used as GMO to alter/modify or enhance the Genetics within the strains of various plant's themselves, inserting, and carrying traits forward down the genetic lines. GM modified E. coli, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Pichia pastoris are the industry standards, in this regard. Also, Think flavors; In Alcohol, Yeast Genetic Resource Center (YGRC) maintains over 4800 S. pombe strains and over 9000 S. cerevisiae strains.

For instance; the microorganisms used to make an oatmeal stout, as opposed to a red ale, or a porter. One is sweet, another more bitter. Organisms used to create mozzarella, vs cheddar, or pungent Limburger... Also raw ingredients (fuel) have a big role in all of this, (what the organisms/plants are ingesting) to be sure. It's a biochemical dynamic, of sorts. Cannabis is unable to absorb/uptake the various sugars themselves, But it's most certainly capable of utilizing the active metabolite byproducts created by various microorganisms processing these various sugars (ie. lactose) in vitro.

This list should give you a good starting point, and where lot's of this is coming from. I'm sure if you do organics, you'll recognize some of these as important contributors to overall plant health, especially during flowering cycle. You likely have been feeding these sources all along, but just not seeing some of the inter dynamic at play. Sugars are important for fluid dynamics, and responsible for much of the flowers internal structures. Things like translocation, sugars and bacteria work together.
  • Fructose: found in fruits and honey.
  • Galactose: found in milk and dairy products.
  • Glucose: found in honey, fruits and vegetables.
  • Lactose: found in milk, made from glucose and galactose.
  • Maltose: found in barley.
  • Sucrose: made up of glucose and fructose and found in plants.
  • Xylose: found in wood or straw.
  • Trehalose: found in various organisms, such as plants, algae, fungi, yeast, bacteria, insects, and other invertebrates.
PEP group translocation, also known as the phosphotransferase system or PTS, is a distinct method used by bacteria for sugar uptake where the source of energy is from phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP). It is known to be a multicomponent system that always involves enzymes of the plasma membrane and those in the cytoplasm. The phosphotransferase system is involved in transporting many sugars into bacteria, including glucose, mannose, fructose and cellobiose. PTS sugars can differ between bacterial groups, mirroring the most suitable carbon sources available in the environment every group evolved.

To my understanding so far; there should be much benefit to optimizing this type of system, not only are things like CO2 created, and pipelines of various nutrient intake optimized, but there should also be some added extra carbon carbon cycles to be gleaned from the process, (non photosynthetic) whereas photosynthetic routes are outside of this loop, so were potentially talking "free energy" to the plant. (on a small but significant scale). I can't say if it's possible, but it's certainly feasible. Basically, what I'm suggesting is there's a lot of chemical process going on within the plant, and some of those can be carried out by the organisms themselves. Leaving the ones that need to be photosynthetically processed, to doing exclusively that. ie. Maximizing the biome structures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom