Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Frankster , it's a " REZ" from a older seed company called reservoir seeds , lots of drama with that story , Rez mission was to re create the " sour diesel" in a stable seed form , he was pretty successful at it ......
There were versions that progressed to finally culminating into the IBL , or in bred line .....

His seed " galadrial " was also hugely popular , I think galadrial was named after Duane all and daughter

Chem diesel crossed Chemdog D were also worked , if memory serves me

Bidding and acquiring the new releases were legendary and frantic , most folks waiting and following seed drops at an intensity never seen before
The bids took place on seed bay / seed boutique and news of the auctions were followed on the " overgrow" forums
Many fine plants were offered , I grew out a whole bunch of the various versions and crosses , bud goodman's super silver sour diesel haze being one of the best .....

Just not sure which seed , clone or cut bud got there , there's usually a wild drama involved with who had / has original mother diesel plants ......
Google the story , the details are pretty well documented
In the end Rez got busted , I think along with his partner gypsea nirvana

Aj cut
Chaco cut
Original Rez stock
Headband
Sour diesel
East coast sour diesel
Riri cut sour

Those are some of the highly sought after original ( depending on the story and level of trust )
Original diesels from the legendary sour diesel story

Rez was the first to immerse himself in True breeding sour diesel seeds ......

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Hey Frankster , it's a " REZ" from a older seed company called reservoir seeds , lots of drama with that story , Rez mission was to re create the " sour diesel" in a stable seed form , he was pretty successful at it ......
There were versions that progressed to finally culminating into the IBL , or in bred line .....

His seed " galadrial " was also hugely popular , I think galadrial was named after Duane all and daughter

Chem diesel crossed Chemdog D were also worked , if memory serves me

Bidding and acquiring the new releases were legendary and frantic , most folks waiting and following seed drops at an intensity never seen before
The bids took place on seed bay / seed boutique and news of the auctions were followed on the " overgrow" forums
Many fine plants were offered , I grew out a whole bunch of the various versions and crosses , bud goodman's super silver sour diesel haze being one of the best .....

Just not sure which seed , clone or cut bud got there , there's usually a wild drama involved with who had / has original mother diesel plants ......
Google the story , the details are pretty well documented
In the end Rez got busted , I think along with his partner gypsea nirvana

Aj cut
Chaco cut
Original Rez stock
Headband
Sour diesel
East coast sour diesel
Riri cut sour

Those are some of the highly sought after original ( depending on the story and level of trust )
Original diesels from the legendary sour diesel story

Rez was the first to immerse himself in True breeding sour diesel seeds ......
Thanks for the backstory wolf, very cool stuff. Now I understand the enthusiasm on Bud's part... ie. SD is involved here, plus he's big into cultivating early forks. Important stuff.

Hopefully, that cut can be also be seeded one day and produce some stable offspring, perhaps.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
😮 oldest thing I got besides myself is a hungry farmer popcorn bowl from 2001. 🙂 my first and last tax paying job. Where has the time gone..
You up for a trade? 🤣View attachment 1176897
I have socks older. 😂
I’ve been meaning to ask what is the sssdh?

I know that one; aka SuperSilverSourDieselHaze (Connoisseur Genetics) Super Silver Haze x Sour D.
Yep... But what I, and DW, have came from old (pre-bust) Rez gear.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
😮 oldest thing I got besides myself is a hungry farmer popcorn bowl from 2001. 🙂 my first and last tax paying job. Where has the time gone..
You up for a trade? 🤣View attachment 1176897
One of my more interesting bowls.
I think I get this stuff from my mother Trustfall, she was an accomplished artist; so I appreciate this kind of stuff, I suppose.

A stone bowl (some sort of marble maybe), that's been ground out, and painted.
IMG 20211008 103735571

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Guava D before a took a few cuts the other day.
View attachment 1168329View attachment 1168331

Still no pruning or training... Just how it grows. 💪
Hell yea, that's what I'm talking about. Cellular isolates, nice job. No question in my mind that some spots on the plants are hotter than others. Often it seems to be the leading tips, but not always. The inter noding is superior in these spots. Better inter noding equals more cola's, more budding rows, ect... Future generations remember that sort of complexity; even if it's only fractional. Little fractions add up over time.

I guess what I'm suggesting is this; everyone knows the tongue, or the loin offers some of the choices, tender meats. A foot, or a extremity cut, is not going to offer up the same quality, as a rib, or a center cut. Always keep those most choice cuts close; some of those can become propagating stocks.

Keeping original mothers may matter; but isolating good cuts is artwork IMO. It can (probably) be used to tease things out, I suspect, if it's done well enough, and (if) you get lucky, with timing, and selection. The plant is always in a state of flux, constantly evolving it's dna/rna as it's growing out, (new cells created) and interacting with the biota, it's metabolites, enzymes, precursors, nutrition (fuel) and environmental stimuli.

On that note; does this look like polyploid traits? Seems to have bled though that WW/GG cross I did awhile back, and I'm seeing it showing up in some of the next generation. What's your thoughts on what I'm looking at here.

IMG 20211009 110138
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's some stuff in this vein; My guess is the latter, the donor cells are different.... The first part could be in flux with some of what I describe above, so it's perhaps a little of both.

Scientists have known for some time that 'clonal' (regenerant) organisms are not always identical: their observable characteristics and traits can vary, and this variation can be passed on to the next generation. This is despite the fact that they are derived from genetically identical founder cells.

They found that observable variations in regenerant plants are substantially due to high frequencies of mutations in the DNA sequence of these regenerants, mutations which are not contained in the genome of the parent plant.

'Where these new mutations actually come from is still a mystery,' said Professor Harberd. 'They may arise during the regeneration process itself or during the cell divisions in the donor plant that gave rise to the root cells from which the regenerant plants are created. We are planning further research to find out which of these two processes is responsible for these mutations. What we can say is that Nature has safely been employing what you might call a 'cloning' process in plants for millions of years, and that there must be good evolutionary reasons why these mutations are introduced.'

Monozygotic (identical) twins are natural clones. Clones contain identical sets of genetic material in the nucleus—the compartment that contains the chromosomes—of every cell in their bodies. Thus, cells from two clones have the same DNA and the same genes in their nuclei.

Monozygotic twins form from a single zygote that divides into two separate cell masses, each giving rise to an independent individual.

So in my mind, that means only true "clones" come from what they call tissue cultures. Wouldn't that be cool to lift this off the ground as a tool bud? What do you think? It's not rocket science. lol 😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom