Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
IMG 20211109 141156626

🤪

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I always freak when that happens, lol. Happened the first night when I plugged it in, actually. Increase your cross ventilation a bit, if it doesn't go down. Seems like sometimes high levels are carried around the house in bubbles, or mass air flows. But then simply dissipate back down to normal again.

It's not dangerous unless it's elevated for a good amount of time.
I even used the second unit to see if there was a malfunction, but it's accurate. I really do like these monitors.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Right everything good in the Midwest in the early 00s was super Skunky I always thought it was our humidity but def not. It just faded away 😭 global warming?? Idk anything anymore 😭

I smoked skunk weed in the Midwest, and all though the country. But the stinkiest stuff I ever smoked, hands down; was grown not far from Salem Oregon, around 2005. (I believe he said it came out of Eddyville, Or.) Probably the skunkiest, smelliest weed I've ever smoked, period. But I don't know if it was an sk1, I tend to have my doubts.

At the time, I thought that was the case; but difficult to say for sure. I think this strain has been passed around, so widely grown, so many different locations, that some have simply evolved locally, in some areas.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Yea, probably not a good choice of words. Nuance in smell is a really tough one for me to describe.
Probably not a good choice for me either... Shit wasn't skunky.
How 'bout that? 😉
I always freak when that happens, lol. Happened the first night when I plugged it in, actually. Increase your cross ventilation a bit, if it doesn't go down. Seems like sometimes high levels are carried around the house in bubbles, or mass air flows. But then simply dissipate back down to normal again.

It's not dangerous unless it's elevated for a good amount of time.
I even used the second unit to see if there was a malfunction, but it's accurate. I really do like these monitors.
Yea... I was smoking a joint near it. 🤣
Right everything good in the Midwest in the early 00s was super Skunky I always thought it was our humidity but def not. It just faded away 😭 global warming?? Idk anything anymore 😭
I suspect it may have something to do with the way stuff was grown at the time... Ever taken a whiff of malathion? 🦨

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
How 'bout that? 😉

I suspect it may have something to do with the way stuff was grown at the time... Ever taken a whiff of malathion? 🦨

Fuck bro, you really nailed it; I knew sulfur, but especially chlorine was involved somehow; just didn't now exactly how.
It is generally recognized that malathion is readily oxidized to its metabolite malaoxon is 61x more toxic; being a more potent inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase (by chlorine). a phosphorothioate (thiol's are what give skunk smells)

Malathion;
Occurrence of liver tumors at excessive doses in mice and female rats and the presence of rare oral and nasal tumors in rats that occurred following exposure to very large doses. Exposure to organophosphates is associated with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Organophosphate insecticide;
Malathion is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, a diverse family of chemicals. Upon uptake into the target organism, it binds irreversibly to the serine residue in the active catalytic site of the cholinesterase enzyme. The resultant phosphoester group is strongly bound to the cholinesterase, and irreversibly deactivates the enzyme which leads to rapid build-up of acetylcholine at the synapse.
330px Malathion

Serine is an amino; (which is in the protonated −NH+3 form under biological conditions), a carboxyl group (which is in the deprotonated −COO− form under biological conditions)

So yea, when that shit gets in the plant, it's everywhere. I'll pass on the tumors and lymphoma, please.😅 This time.

Last edited:
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

How 'bout that? 😉

Fuck bro, you really nailed it; I knew sulfur, but especially chlorine was involved somehow; just didn't now exactly how.
It is generally recognized that malathion is readily oxidized to its metabolite malaoxon is 61x more toxic; being a more potent inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase (by chlorine). a phosphorothioate (thiol's are what give skunk smells)

Malathion;
Occurrence of liver tumors at excessive doses in mice and female rats and the presence of rare oral and nasal tumors in rats that occurred following exposure to very large doses. Exposure to organophosphates is associated with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Organophosphate insecticide;
Malathion is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, a diverse family of chemicals. Upon uptake into the target organism, it binds irreversibly to the serine residue in the active catalytic site of the cholinesterase enzyme. The resultant phosphoester group is strongly bound to the cholinesterase, and irreversibly deactivates the enzyme which leads to rapid build-up of acetylcholine at the synapse.
View attachment 1187378
Serine is an amino; (which is in the protonated −NH+3 form under biological conditions), a carboxyl group (which is in the deprotonated −COO− form under biological conditions)

So yea, when that shit gets in the plant, it's everywhere. I'll pass on the tumors and lymphoma, please.😅 This time.
Got me questioning my entire existence 😵‍💫

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Got me questioning my entire existence 😵‍💫
Yea, me too brother. All the crap that's been allowed to happen the past 40 years, poisoning people, cause of prohibition.
Would have never happened otherwise. That's not even thinking about all the fucking molds, and garbage I've put in my lungs. No more.

Now I'm well aware of exactly what's going in there, under exactly what conditions it was grown. People tend to take more care, when there preparing things for themselves, vs a motivation of making a buck for themselves.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Armed robbery is not politically correct as not all robbers have arms, and find it offensive.
In Seattle, it is referred to as "hostile procurement".
a karma exchange, of sorts. The bottom "theme" is sorta hidden there. It reads; Be the "change" 🤣 (take that part how you want)"What Homelessness looks like today"

That a spot were people frequently camp (across from that bus stop) en masse. But the area is currently cleared. They had a bunch of tents packed in there for some good time up to a few months ago; until the methheads started burning each others tents out; in acts of revenge against one another.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well there greening up finally, feel like I've turned the corner. Rude girl is giving me the hardest time.🌱 Peek @Frankster's flying cookie sheet grow. 😅

For the inside of the sterile chamber. $15 water cooler, w/ebattery. 🤣 This is a cheap solution to a big issue. Should be acceptable for maintaining proper humidity, or using it to disperse stuff via a mist. Supposed to run for up to 11 hours, charged.

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

Anyone ever ate any Signal Crawfish around here??? I just now learning these things can be caught out in the Skynomish River, and the waterfall area up there, should be a decent spot for them. I'll catch them suckers by the bucket full with a string tied to a chicken neck.

Plentiful and easy to catch, signal crawfish are sweeter and cleaner-tasting than their better-known Louisiana brethren. Yet the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife—tasked with keeping an eye out for who's fishing for them—has only 13 people registered to fish commercially for the local mudbugs, though stats are not kept for recreational hunters.
I can’t eat crawfish ever since taking microbiology 10 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom