Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I stuck ten of those old SSSDH seeds in water last night... Eight have sunk.🤑
Must be the moon.
IMG 20210226 072213245
🌝

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Nope , not confused , I just got it in my head now .when ever I see you post I just start singing bud goodman to the rescue ...
So you're saying I have theme song?... Sweet!... That's like 3/4 of the way to Super Hero... No tights though... That shit cannot be unseen.
They werent running around gobbling like turkeys were they?
Who you calling a Turkey?
IMG 20200626 2038171572

dire wolf

dire wolf

But don't worry , you still get a top poster of the year rating from me , I mean seriously , I'm starting to think people are taking you for granted ....
Every time you post , a perfect grow dream ends or begins

You deserve a theme song ... And bud goodman to the rescue is it ! If we do need to put you in a costume though , it might be one of those gladiator or Viking dudes throwing flame balls ....

Not sure if the wife's crochet work is going to have a place there , maybe someone here can fabricate you a samurai suit or sum ting ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Or maybe a green jumpsuit , but we'll make sure it dosent make the farm animals horny , don't worry

Ok , I just figured out you're new super hero jumpsuit , a skunk , who flame throws a skunk stink flame out of ....well where ever you choose

Out of your hand / Palm ? Like Spider-Man ...But me personally I'd go with the regular skunk posture

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
What does sinkers vs floaters indicate? Do some just have enough little bubbles clinging to them to keep them afloat? Water surface tension perhaps?
IME, and this rule applies to many crop seeds, floaters are duds. Floating typically indicates underdeveloped embryos, whereas the sinkers are viable. It's not a steadfast rule, but a pretty good indicator that a seed will become something more than a hull.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

IME, and this rule applies to many crop seeds, floaters are duds. Floating typically indicates underdeveloped embryos, whereas the sinkers are viable. It's not a steadfast rule, but a pretty good indicator that a seed will become something more than a hull.

I stopped soaking seeds as they germinate faster for me straight into a moist coffee filter over a heat mat but i had the same rates with floaters and sinkers. Old myth i think.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I stopped soaking seeds as they germinate faster for me straight into a moist coffee filter over a heat mat but i had the same rates with floaters and sinkers. Old myth i think.
Yeah, very likely. I know with the citrus seeds I'm trying to germinate that they highly recommend soaking just because it helps get moisture into the hulls faster than dropping directly in dirt or a paper towel. I do it with cannabis seeds too simply because it's an old habit mostly. Floating or not, they still get put into starting media after a long night in water.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah, very likely. I know with the citrus seeds I'm trying to germinate that they highly recommend soaking just because it helps get moisture into the hulls faster than dropping directly in dirt or a paper towel. I do it with cannabis seeds too simply because it's an old habit mostly. Floating or not, they still get put into starting media after a long night in water.

Just sharing experience and opinion bud. Maybe its a good test for aged seeds? Other cultivars?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Just sharing experience and opinion bud. Maybe its a good test for aged seeds? Other cultivars?
Likewise, no harm no foul :) When I was trying to getting germination rates up on some 7+ year old seeds, soaking had zero impact on germination rates. Even tried with GA3, h2o2 soaks, scuffing, nicking the hull, etc. Germination rates still sucked.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Or maybe a green jumpsuit , but we'll make sure it dosent make the farm animals horny , don't worry

Ok , I just figured out you're new super hero jumpsuit , a skunk , who flame throws a skunk stink flame out of ....well where ever you choose

Out of your hand / Palm ? Like Spider-Man ...But me personally I'd go with the regular skunk posture
He needs to be some sort of cannabis looking character... Or a farm animal

Skunkgoodman
Budgoodmanguy
Budgoodman2
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Likewise, no harm no foul :) When I was trying to getting germination rates up on some 7+ year old seeds, soaking had zero impact on germination rates. Even tried with GA3, h2o2 soaks, scuffing, nicking the hull, etc. Germination rates still sucked.
My best results with older seeds has been using the coffee filter method with a bit of azomite and cold stratification

Top Bottom