Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Me Three, just watch your moisture content. I think that's the big killer here actually, it gets way overdone by most people, I believe. (me included). I've been unsuccessful multiple times because of excessive moisture, (regardless of method used) it's got to be within a precise zone. I suspect this is all the more true with older seeds.

I just did 3 air pots with like 7-12 seeds in each pot, (just screwing around w/different methods) and saturated the soils, then put some trash bags over to hold on the moisture. The one I did the day prior was highly saturated, and it somehow was neglected and had a bit of water from the bottom of the pot touching the cloth allowing moisture to wick into the materials from below. It was elevated, but not quite far enough, apparently.

Needless to say, pots that were identical in every respect, 2 of them all popped. The one that had contact with the standing water sprouted zero, and this within 48 hours. These were big pots, and the seeds were sitting a good 12 inches above the water in question, but the water wicked up regardless.

Here are my results. One failed pot. Two successful ones. Afterwards, I added in a few more seeds, (and corrected the issue) their now actually starting to sprout out of the third pot also, now that I corrected the excessive wicking water issues...

Pot2
Pot7
Pot3
Pot4
Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Its a quiet night gents! Wtf?

I say rock on...fuckin sundays are slow around here...they all must be in church😂😂😂😂🤪😁

Is there a sunday sermon on this site....lol...gtfo!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
What's that dark purple one in the back?

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Its a quiet night gents! Wtf?

I say rock on...fuckin sundays are slow around here...they all must be in church😂😂😂😂🤪😁

Is there a sunday sermon on this site....lol...gtfo!
I'm old and go to bed early... After Matlock.
What's that dark purple one in the back?
There are two there... They are Disco Funk from Inhouse Genetics... And they gotta be in week fourteen now. 😳

Palindrome

Palindrome

These will need watered again someone today. I'll give them some grow nutes as well... Wasn't much of an up-pot when I transplanted them. I'm hoping to keep them in these 5x5's until they show sex... But I dunno.

View attachment 1054781
It'll work - I use a very similar system (sex them in 4x4x5 black pots, transplant directly to autopot XL system)

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
It'll work - I use a very similar system (sex them in 4x4x5 black pots, transplant directly to autopot XL system)
Nice!... Those ended up in 9" squares and flipped before sexing.
Two are still flowering.

Top Bottom