Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Actually, when we met, your a big guy, so I think it's one of those wide hand genes, and makes you fingers look shorter in the pics, than they actually are. Gorrilla hands #4. Plus all that hard work your doing there on the farm has something to do with it all, just really strong hands, and it really shows.

Bud do you have a decent OG or Bubba in your collection?
Are you guys sure that you want to run seeds from a guy that might be an " ape" and not a human ?
We don't really know ? Do we

dire wolf

dire wolf

Exciting news this morning 😜
I made a baby !

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Ever tried Friesland? Especially if you're looking for something outside, it's a good place to start.

Yea, I actually imported a few cultivars last year, because I wanted those European genetics. I think it's prudent to get cultivars from far and wide, because if your trying to make something 100% original, you need to bring these kinds of disparate genetic lines together, and some of the vestiges built into them from their respecitve micro-climates. Then breed them with cultivars that are known qualities, in your own micro-climate zone.

Bam! Something new, and pretty unique. I'm sure the results will vary, but I think it's on the right track. Of course, getting really fine specimens is key.
Auto Mazar (Dutch Passion) is one of those that I was hellbent on acquiring, and wanting to breed it with some of the local cuts. I am perfectly content to breed things with that landrace Thai. I've got the patience for these sorts of projects, (but very limited space).

I really love the idea's of breeding my own cultivars, but when you get too much blending of the "modern cultivar" in the mix, it turns into something "common" and usually somewhat fruity. (Everyone is doing this, including me). Isolation of traits is one of the big fundamentals here, I believe.

Breeding a deep purple landrace into a pure 100% natrual Sativa Thai has to produce something pretty unique, and special, but finding a really good choice on the landrace side is going to really improve the different possibilities. I'm thinking of this Thai as a sorta flavor box, but want to discard most of it's outter body for another, more improved version.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
OMG, you guys must really be stoned. 🤪
Absolutely not, I don't think buds got any pollination projects on the side, he's happily married, I believe.
Plus, with any of those above listed methods, I would be concerned about hermaphroditism. That kind of contamination would be a bad ideal.

On a side note: I was smoking a fat joint and looking at this rock, and I think it's full of gold flakes.

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yea, I actually imported a few cultivars last year, because I wanted those European genetics. I think it's prudent to get cultivars from far and wide, because if your trying to make something 100% original, you need to bring these kinds of disparate genetic lines together, and some of the vestiges built into them from their respecitve micro-climates. Then breed them with cultivars that are known qualities, in your own micro-climate zone.

Bam! Something new, and pretty unique. I'm sure the results will vary, but I think it's on the right track. Of course, getting really fine specimens is key.
Auto Mazar (Dutch Passion) is one of those that I was hellbent on acquiring, and wanting to breed it with some of the local cuts. I am perfectly content to breed things with that landrace Thai. I've got the patience for these sorts of projects, (but very limited space).

I really love the idea's of breeding my own cultivars, but when you get too much blending of the "modern cultivar" in the mix, it turns into something "common" and usually somewhat fruity. (Everyone is doing this, including me). Isolation of traits is one of the big fundamentals here, I believe.

Breeding a deep purple landrace into a pure 100% natrual Sativa Thai has to produce something pretty unique, and special, but finding a really good choice on the landrace side is going to really improve the different possibilities. I'm thinking of this Thai as a sorta flavor box, but want to discard most of it's outter body for another, more improved version.

Right on all counts. I'm north of you by a bit and have been thinking of trying to find a place to do outdoor. That and the Erdpurt-Friesland cross look like two smart building blocks. Himalayan might be smart.

Yeah, I know what you mean. There's a certain degree of homogenaeity that seems to exist with a lot of the modern stuff in terms of high. So many strains have OG, Chemdog, Cookies, and Skunk/Cheese/Lemon Skunk bred on top of each other for generations that many of them can feel similar. Not that those aren't good genetics, but there's a finite amount of times they can be mashed together to make different highs. That's a big reason I grow and breed the weird stuff that I do. Pretty sure I'm the first guy on, like, the internet with a Pipatxu grow report.

Top Bottom