Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Bubba Kush
Picture 2021 5 15 22 16 31 3592
Picture 2021 5 15 22 16 41 1412

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Finally arrived! Thoughts on Hi-Yield Calcium Nitrate?

Does it work? It comes from Texas, and I don't generally trust Texans, or Texan products (My wife is from Texas) and she's a little misleading, and defective. (But I still love her). Anyhow, Texas or no Texas, I'm going to try it, because I don't have any other options.

Seems more granular, and doesn't have a reseal zip. (Just like my wife). Cheap bastards, I bet they outlawed reseal zips in that state. (So they can sell more plastic). Anytime I got close to that state, I always gassed up before entry, and kept it moving until I was outta there, never stopping. It's always a scary gauntlet to navigate. Be advised, they don't allow resting at resting stop in Texas. If you get caught sleeping at one, they'll throw you in the jail, it's the law...

IMG 20210516 115545840
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
4lbs for $20.35, so it was a good deal, reseal zip, or no reseal zip.
I think I've developed my best method ever for growing, this masterblend really knocks it out of the park. All kidding aside, the calcium nitrate is a very good product, and having that in combination of the master blend, mag-sulfate, and the foliars I've been using, it really nails it.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Finally arrived! Thoughts on Hi-Yield Calcium Nitrate?

Does it work? It comes from Texas, and I don't generally trust Texans, or Texan products (My wife is from Texas) and she's a little misleading, and defective. (But I still love her). Anyhow, Texas or no Texas, I'm going to try it, because I don't have any other options.

Seems more granular, and doesn't have a reseal zip. (Just like my wife). Cheap bastards, I bet they outlawed reseal zips in that state. (So they can sell more plastic). Anytime I got close to that state, I always gassed up before entry, and kept it moving until I was outta there, never stopping. It's always a scary gauntlet to navigate. Be advised, they don't allow resting at resting stop in Texas. If you get caught sleeping at one, they'll throw you in the jail, it's the law...
Never tried it... Maybe someone from Texas can chime in. 🤠
I don't switch up the routine much.
Started growing with Peters... Triple twenty.🤫
After my second it third harvest, I switched to Eco Enterprises, Eco-grow and Eco-bloom... They're up in your neck of the woods... And I'll actually be headed to there soon... Next round with the Sour D, that's what I wanna use. 😉
Then, I wanted to grow "organic" and started using compost teas and top dressings.
Now, I'm using using Earth Juice SeaBlast solubles, their Rainbow Mix topdress, and making/using homemade LABs.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
If you ever go the way of the dodo with lights bud, and ever decide to go full LED this is the company you want to look at closely. Spiderfarmer.... Right here on the forums.

I got a feeling if you go over and speak with him, he might even cut you a special deal.

Those new SE3000's, SE5000's and SE7000's are going to be over the top. I gave him a heads up on that design last year. Letting him know the results were outstanding, (I'm sure others did as well) and I was surprised that he actually developed a product, despite the added development cost, and all the added weight, and heatsync's required.... It's impressive. He's on top of it.

These are the Mac Daddy of affordable, quality LED lighting. I can tell just by looking at it, it's almost identical to my setup. Same samsung diodes, same drivers, better cost....

IMG 20210516 1244334021
Last edited:
StankStirr

StankStirr

After my second it third harvest, I switched to Eco Enterprises, Eco-grow and Eco-bloom... They're up in your neck of the woods... And I'll actually be headed to there soon... Next round with the Sour D, that's what I wanna use. 😉
Then, I wanted to grow "organic" and started using compost teas and top dressings.
Now, I'm using using Earth Juice SeaBlast solubles, their Rainbow Mix topdress, and making/using homemade LABs.
Same here.... but that's because I copied you! Lol
I really like the Earth Juice lines.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Same here.... but that's because I copied you! Lol
I really like the Earth Juice lines.
Yea, I've used the earth juice lines as well. There outstanding products, and very affordable also, especially for what your getting.
I've also got a lot of grows with foxfarm product lines, and using the standard AN product lines as well...

TBH, I've switched and tried so many products over the years, not because I was unsatisfied with the results I was getting, but just trying to learn something new. Then eventually I started to build the fertilizer regimes myself, from scratch. But that's a very difficult task, so I went with the masterblend because it's basically the barebones 4-18-38 minimalist powder form, (w/chelated metal ions) and built my regime around it.

Chelated metal ions + oxides = The Fast. I think this, and keeping Cation exchange capacity (CEC) high, is a real fundamental key to accelerating growth. In addition to all the other environmental factors of course. But I haven't given up on organics either, I spray lots of that stuff on the exteriors of my cloth pots, especially kelp, auxins, cytokinins, gibberellins, hormones, and tons of microbes, both fungal, mycorrhizae and bacterial.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
If you ever go the way of the dodo with lights bud, and ever decide to go full LED this is the company you want to look at closely. Spiderfarmer.... Right here on the forums.

I got a feeling if you go over and speak with him, he might even cut you a special deal.

Those new SE3000's, SE5000's and SE7000's are going to be over the top. I gave him a heads up on that design last year. Letting him know the results were outstanding, (I'm sure others did as well) and I was surprised that he actually developed a product, despite the added development cost, and all the added weight, and heatsync's required.... It's impressive. He's on top of it.

These are the Mac Daddy of affordable, quality LED lighting. I can tell just by looking at it, it's almost identical to my setup. Same samsung diodes, same drivers, better cost....
Thanks to @Mr.GreenthumbOG , I
Don’t argue the ability to produce 🔥

😎
🧐

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

If your headed up this way soon, I would like to meet up if you've got time, and ability. Wouldn't mind getting a tiny bit of that pollen if your willing.

I've can put together a batch of STS for you in 2 parts, so that you've got it on hand anytime you want to feminize a plant. I'd also like to throw you a quart of this improved surfactant formula for keeping the bugs and mold at bay, (would like to hear your feedback) helps keep the plant protected, and good for mixing with pretty much any foliar sprays. Lemme know if that's a possibility, and I can help with some gas money also, for your efforts.

Come to think about it, I've got a few LED's laying around that I don't use either, if your wanting to run them. You can hold onto them. A few of them are over 500w lights. There not top of the line, but they still work pretty well. I've also got 2 bays of double ended HPS lamps just collecting dust in the corner, and new bulbs for everything. You could use those as well. A trade-off for storage, while you use them. There just taking up space here.

But I would clean them first. I had mites years ago. I cleaned them before storage, but I always am concerned anytime I take something like that out of storage. Just offering up what I got on hand. I could probably give you one of these Pure UV T5's for resin production, so you could test them out as well.

Lemme know if any of that sounds interesting.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
If your headed up this way soon, I would like to meet up if you've got time, and ability. Wouldn't mind getting a tiny bit of that pollen if your willing.

I've can put together a batch of STS for you in 2 parts, so that you've got it on hand anytime you want to feminize a plant. I'd also like to throw you a quart of this improved surfactant formula for keeping the bugs and mold at bay, (would like to hear your feedback) helps keep the plant protected, and good for mixing with pretty much any foliar sprays. Lemme know if that's a possibility, and I can help with some gas money also, for your efforts.

Come to think about it, I've got a few LED's laying around that I don't use either, if your wanting to run them. You can hold onto them. A few of them are over 500w lights. There not top of the line, but they still work pretty well. I've also got 2 bays of double ended HPS lamps just collecting dust in the corner, and new bulbs for everything. You could use those as well. A trade-off for storage, while you use them. There just taking up space here.

But I would clean them first. I had mites years ago. I cleaned them before storage, but I always am concerned anytime I take something like that out of storage.
Very generous... Thank you.
Definitely... On everything except the equipment... I still have the rafters stuffed. 🤪
I'll let you know when headed that direction... Probably be a couple/few weeks.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Very generous... Thank you.
Definitely... On everything except the equipment... I still have the rafters stuffed. 🤪
I'll let you know when headed that direction... Probably be a couple/few weeks.

One other, I've got a few sequoia giganteum that I've planted, and are sprouting up. I'm going to put a few on the property, but I thought I would offer you one or two of them, if you want. Also have some tumeric's and another plant down there, forgot it's name. Don't know if you can identify that one, but it's a pretty interesting plant also, someone brought it back from Afghanistan, I believe. Smells really good, makes a pretty flower.

IMG 20210516 134253187
IMG 20210516 134120945
IMG 20210516 134129860
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thank you @Mr.GreenthumbOG
No point growing mids... Weed is legal here... I can just buy those. 🤭🤑
TBH, I like mids bud, don't mind them a single bit. Don't get me wrong, there not always my first choice, but there's excellent mids to be had, IMO. Especially when you get into the CBD producting strains, or some that have a more complex terpene profile. They also can grow easier, more resistance, can be hardier, especially for growing outdoors. Many people don't know what they've been missing, because they've never had true 🔥🔥🔥 It simply doesn't exist in some places. Your lucky to have lived/live where you do. Your ways are alien to them. I'm so happy that your forging this pathway, and making relationships with the everyday stoner man. It's the right thing to do, and long overdue.

They have a place in my heart, because I'm a lightweight, I suppose. Without my wife to test cultivars, I would be lost.
But the OG/Bubba is still my favorite. 👀 😱

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
TBH, I like mids bud, don't mind them a single bit. Don't get me wrong, there not always my first choice, but there's excellent mids to be had, IMO. Especially when you get into the CBD producting strains, or some that have a more complex terpene profile. They also can grow easier, more resistance, can be hardier, especially for growing outdoors. Many people don't know what they've been missing, because they've never had true 🔥🔥🔥 It simply doesn't exist in some places. Your lucky to have lived/live where you do. Your ways are alien to them. I'm so happy that your forging this pathway, and making relationships with the everyday stoner man. It's the right thing to do, and long overdue.

They have a place in my heart, because I'm a lightweight, I suppose. Without my wife to test cultivars, I would be lost.
But the OG/Bubba is still my favorite. 👀 😱
Well OG, if you like Kush, you might wanna try some of the Motorbreath that this Bubba is trimming up today then.
IMG 20210516 1429005482

🤪🥴

Latest posts

Top Bottom