Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chiguy

chiguy

Same SoCal Master Kush that tested positive for HpLVD a couple weeks ago, literally the same plant, now tested negative.🤷
View attachment 1193370
Tested negative for me as well Bud, as you know. That plant seems healthy to me. Strong cloner, solid branches in veg, no weird mini leaves. We shall see how she does in flower. I will also retest.

As far as testing goes, I beleive we should be taking samples from the oldest, lowest vegetation on the plant. My thinking is viroid levels should be higher in old growth, rather than new, fresh growth. What do you guys think about that?

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Tested negative for me as well Bud, as you know. That plant seems healthy to me. Strong cloner, solid branches in veg, no weird mini leaves. We shall see how she does in flower. I will also retest.

As far as testing goes, I beleive we should be taking samples from the oldest, lowest vegetation on the plant. My thinking is viroid levels should be higher in old growth, rather than new, fresh growth. What do you guys think about that?
That's how I understand it... Older growth will have higher viroid levels.
Was a little surprised it isn't on the test kit instructions.
Now... To be fair... The plant that tested positive for HpLVD, and then negative, would now need two more (3 total) negative tests before it can be considered "clean"... This is the same protocol for plants cleaned with a meristem TC... But c'mon, most of us are not going to do that... The only people winning there are the labs.

Not sure of the best way to proceed with sharing clones. 🤷
Testing everything, and then keeping it all tested, isn't practical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom