Bud rot or Nitrogen burn?

• Thread starter Binder.Dundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Binder.Dundat

Binder.Dundat

Just starting to develop buds and some look like this.
Outside grow, have not been tending to the plant as much as I should-have not been home a lot. Have gone through really warm/hot spring, cool june, july and very hot humid August. Any ideas? THX.
Bud rot or nitrogen burn

Binder.Dundat

Binder.Dundat

I hope it is purple buds, but time will tell. I cut off the new dark buds on that plant.
I actually do have a purple leaved Sativa plant growing at home as well. Could bees be cross pollinating the plants? Saw a bee or wasp on one of the plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think it's a virus, pathogen of some sort spread by a certain bug or something. Whole thread on it here.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I hope it is purple buds, but time will tell. I cut off the new dark buds on that plant.
I actually do have a purple leaved Sativa plant growing at home as well. Could bees be cross pollinating the plants? Saw a bee or wasp on one of the plants.

Thats not the way cannabis pollination works. There needs to be a male plant to pollinate a female plant and it creates seeds, it wouldn't change the genetics of the plant that was pollinated, besides having seeds in it.

So you can rule that out.

Since the leaves are crinkled at the same spot where the buds are dark purple, might be a virus similar to what is talked about in the thread Aqua Man posted.

It could also just be the normal genetics of the plant. Alot of strains have purple in them nowadays, some more than others.

Top Bottom