Bud Rot???

• Thread starter northernchem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

northernchem

I have bud rot I'm in week 2 flower outdoors getting worse I been cutting them out as I find the rot daily any real treatment for it ? Been so hot humid now rainy and humid.... Any knowledgable answers or treatments would be appreciated got to save crop oh and I'm liscensed grower thanks.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Most of the time bud rot is due to caterpillars eating the plant and pooping. It's their poop that is causing the rot.
Usually you will get mold , maybe like grey mold or powder mildew due to wet/rainy weather.
That's just what I've taken from everything I've read.
STR8

N

northernchem

I have been battling powdery mildew all summer got rid of it with some copper spray... In veg then now 2 weeks in I got bud rot all over every day I find more and have to cut it out my friend has the same problem just trying to save our crops way to early to think about cutting or taking a complete loss...

str8smokn

str8smokn

I've heard BT works .like Safer brand.
Up top right of page is a magnifying glass,it's a search bar.
STR8

H

happy b

Theres a product called "bud rot stop" but iv never used it.anytime iv had bud rot is wen the humidity is too high near the end of bloom on the dense buds but if your getting rot 2 weeks in thats a very bad sign.if your rotting now and its outdoors i think it will only get worse as the buds fatten.

N

northernchem

The worst part is I'm running a local strain known from Maine called MOB mother of Berrys. My first year running it I don't think I'll ever run it again outdoors completely non mold resistant.. Very disappointed was told it was the best!! Indoor it's great. Outdoor not so much. Thank you u fellas I'll be taking a ride to the local garden center see what I can hunt up.. Anything is worth a shot. At this point..

sixstring

sixstring

any way you can cover your plants at night would help if you can keep them from getting wet from dew.i know its impossible sometimes with larger plants or gorilla grows but i figure i would put that out there just in case it is an option,it would help alot

N

northernchem

Any ideas on what I could cover them with I got 10 plants in a locked cage out doors 25x25 6 ft fence they are about 4ft round and between 4 and 5 ft tall.. Out in a big field full sun all day..

N

northernchem

Also just went and purchased that serenade and sprayed them all hopefully works or mitigates some..

sixstring

sixstring

Sounds like a big piece of poly would do it,maybe a few support poles for holding up the center if the top does not have cage also.might come in handy later in the season when your worried about frost if that's an issue in your area.sounds like alot of work but worth it if it saves half your crop or more .gl

str8smokn

str8smokn

If in cage then all you need is a big tarp to strecht over the top,just leave the sides open for air flow.. Swimming pool covers come in all sizes up 45x55 sizes stock.
STR8

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're going to tarp plants that are already showing signs of rot, you had better make sure there's a lot of ventilation going through it. Otherwise, I can see you making the problem worse, because that plastic will just hold moisture in and on those buds that much longer.

ncga

ncga

Well that did not work.
Bottom line is so many people give US a bad name. What you are fighting is Boytritus

http://cesonoma.ucanr.edu/files/140347.pdf

PLEASE do not jump in and say product X will cure it. You will be WRONG, just like mites mold and mildew WILL develop resistance. If you have Boytritus now you have it and can only hope to slow it down. In All reality your best bet is Oxidate with will kill the mold but is not curative .

If you plan to grow well you need to learn well. Find websites fro learning how to grow grapes mainly .edu sites. This is rocket science. You need a IPM before you pop your first seed, OR pay a consultant to keep you on track. Regaila, was good before everyone visiting this site will use it. I have 7 different products I use along with my Clients. I have a schedule of when to apply. Again an investment in educating yourself on prevention

I took the time to give the S****r version of the label witch you should read fully when working with ag products. You can do a lot of damage to yourself, the environment and most of all creating resistant strain, of pathogens and incest

Regalia Facts

Apply this product preventatively or when the first disease
symptoms are visible and reapply every 7 to14 days

Under moderate to heavy disease
pressure, tank mix this product with
another fungicide.

REGALIA
®
Biofungicide has a pre - harvest interval (PHI) of 0 days
Do not enter or allow worker entry into treated areas during the
restricted-entry interval (REI) of 4 hours
Restrictions:
REGALIA
®
Biofungicide should be applied to healthy, actively growing plants. Do not apply REGALIA Biofungicide to plants that are stressed due to cold weather, drought, excessive moisture, etc. Do not apply when extended cold or cold and cloudy conditions are expected.

For all other diseases

Begin application
prior to disease development when environmental conditions and plant
stage are conducive to rapid disease development, and repeat on a 7–10
-day interval or as needed. Use in a tank mix or rotational program when disease conditions are severe

REGALIA
Specimen Label
INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT (IPM)
Many
conventional fungicides have been tested in an IPM regime with
REGALIA ® Biofungicide
with very satisfactory results. One of the major objectives of IPM has been to reduce the probability of disease resistance development to a particular active ingredient.
The alternate use of (1 -2 sprays) followed by a conventional, registered fungicide (1–2 sprays) has been successfully used in many
crops. In addition, the use of tank mixes with a conventional fungicide has also been successful.
Follow label instructions of the particular registered product: Do not exceed amounts or treatment intervals on the label

MODE OF ACTION
The extract obtained from
Reynoutria
spp. plant material contains active chemical compounds. The extract, when applied to the host plant, increases the plant’s defense system due to a five - fold increase in phenolics and antioxidants , and strengthens cell walls
This induced resistance against
important diseases is not systemic, but provides some translaminar protection. Repeat foliar applications at 7–14 day intervals to maintain induction and to protect new plant growth. The resistance induction takes place with in one to two days.
Use
REGALIA ® Biofungicide , therefore, as a preventative treatment.

To do this outdoor growing is not as easy as it seams . This rant is to save you from yourself. But especially over regulations. Do you know what this means ?

AGRICULTURAL
USE REQUIREMENTS
Use this product only in accordance with its labeling and with the Worker Protection
Standard, 40 CFR Part 170. this standard contains requirements for the protection of agricultural workers on farms, forests, nurseries and
greenhouses and handlers of agricultural pesticides. It contains requirements for training, decontamination,notification
and emergency assistance. It also contains specific instructions and exemptions pertainingto the statements on this label about personal protective equipment (PPE) and the
restricted -
entry interval (REI). The requirements in this box only apply to uses of this product that are covered by the Worker Protection Standard.

IT means Since cannabis is NOT listed it is is Illegal under federal law to use this product. Lets not prove them correct with the horror stories of improper use,by hurting yourself, workers of the environment. It can't say Cannabis on the label because very few products are available and approved for tobacco.

Can anyone name 1 that is approved for tobacco. Blaze you can't answer this LOL

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Betcha few, if any others here will know what that WPS is.

How about Presidio? (I don't know what it is, just heard of it.)

N

northernchem

Image A picture of my burnham red eye old school strain from burnham Maine!! Still going strong 20 years + took pictures yesterday afternoon while tending the garden. Had to they look good I think?? No mold or bud rot for these guys definitely will grow again next summer!

N

northernchem

Oh and by the way with due time and treatment of serenade spray along with removal of infected bud rot areas I now have everything under control and back to normal just searching everyday, best thing to do catch it early cut out below infected area very carefully and sterile scissors. Then spray with serenade thank you Soooooooooo much to the guy who recommended Serinade with some sweat and dedication I was able to save my MOB (Mother of berry) and she's looking killer I'll try to take pics of her.. I lost some but it's healthy again and packing the bud on almost was beneficial to me to thin it out more I think

Top Bottom