bud tastes funny

• Thread starter GorillaCloset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GorillaCloset

The way my fiance describes the taste is "the first one or two hits of a nug tastes like dryer sheets/perfume/deodorant and its approximately 1 out of 10 nugs taste this way". Out of Sour D, Kushage, OG Kush, Skunkberry, he's only noticed the Kushage and Skunkberry have tasted this way a few times. I haven't tasted it myself.

Have any of you guys experienced something similar? I grew in soil and flushed for the last week. The only thing I changed this run was I used KoolBloom powder.

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Did you use any odd containers for curing? Im not sure thats the problem but I know someone that used rinsed out jars that held spaghetti sauce and his buds adopted the flavor and smell. Also I have had different materials produce different flavors (glass vs plastic containers ect.)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I ran some OD girls last year that had a couple of phenos with a distinct lavender smell and flavor. Nobody really liked it.

G

GorillaCloset

Thanks for the input! I'm wondering if its just the flavors of the two strains..

I hung them up for drying for 5 days then put the buds in the glass jars, the ones with the rubber gasket & metal clamp from ikea

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Do you use any flavor enhancers in bloom, IE bud candy, sweet, or FloraNectar? I used bud candy once and all my shit tasted funny, like a sweet cotton candy type flavor. I wasnt too impressed

R

Rabbi

Ya, doesn't sound like those are bad smells. Look at the descriptions in the smoke reports like Glue, Plastic, etc.

Sound like you got some perfume/fragrant flowers, and they were enhanced with the Koolbloom you added.

Is he complaining or just trying to describe and your not sure thats good?

Rabbi

P

Perfecto

I had some "master kush" recently with that dryer sheet/perfume smell. (caution) I would taste a lil bud and see if its got that dryer sheet/perfume taste.

Be safe

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, some people like it, personally, I don't (because I had a perfume incident as a child, very traumatic). Also don't care for fuely-tasting bud, but I know some folks love it, same with really super-skunky stuff, just don't care for it, but others go nuts. I can't stand black licorice, either, but I love anisette. <shrug>
Thanks for the input! I'm wondering if its just the flavors of the two strains..

I hung them up for drying for 5 days then put the buds in the glass jars, the ones with the rubber gasket & metal clamp from ikea
Just an FYI for future reference, you wanna try to slow that initial drying time down a bit if you can. Stretch it out closer to 7-10 days and you'll have less chance of funky, harsh, green or hay smells.

C

cgslim

Sounds like the dreaded fertilizer taste to me. Did you flush your plants out with 3 times the amount of soil in water at least 10 days before harvesting? Believe it or not, I was pleasantly surprised when I started following this routine, as I used to wonder why my bud had this nasty chemical like taste to it. When I flushed, the bud tasted so amazing, so earthy. Try it :-)

M

Motherhugger

I admit that at first I was a little weirded out by the taste of Bud Candy, but the more I used it, the more I liked the way it tasted.

And now I can't imagine a grow without it.

Sometimes mixing up the flavor is just a great way to make things even more fun when you smoke. :RastaBong:

Top Bottom