Bud-tenders

• Thread starter NACPT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NACPT

What do you all think of the legal dispensaries? How have your experiences been with legal bud-tenders?
What have you enjoyed and what would you change?

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Legal dispensaries work well enough for people that know what the are coming to purchase. I've had a bad experience with two bud tenders in two different dispensaries. They always want to sell me something that I am not specifically requesting and not giving me what I want. Perhaps its my age. Perhaps its their inexperience. I should be keeping a list of things that do work for me and not keeping a list of things that don't.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What do you all think of the legal dispensaries? How have your experiences been with legal bud-tenders?
What have you enjoyed and what would you change?

So as I waited, alone in the cold, outside a Massachusetts dispensary in 2016, casually chatting with the security guard who informed me, several times, that they were having a meeting, and that it would only be a few minutes before I could go in, to spend $50 for an eighth of an ounce of bud

When I finally got in I asked my budtender what the delay was and she quietly told me that they had a work stoppage because the owners had ordered them to packed up for sale some moldy bud, and the workers refused;

..and then she said to me "I mean it was just too moldy"

..too moldy

I thought about this on my ride home; glad that they didn't sell me bud that was too moldy

But then I wondered what level of mold was acceptable? 🤔

When I got home I made plans to start growing again after a 20-year hiatus, because "too moldy", or any level of mold didn't work for me

So no sir, I don't like it. The overpriced, marginal and possibly moldy weed I found at my local dispensaries during the short time I shopped them didn't work for me.

Last edited:
Jamie73

Jamie73

Yours are tracking crazy Beachwalker. Think. Ma. Is so expensive , in RI it's 20% less $$$. It starts in Ma at 50$ 1/8th. In RI it doesn't past 50$. Anyone in RI can get a card. 250$ renewal fee is 25$ a year. My only complaint is they have a hard time keeping certain bud consistently.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Wandered into a dispensary once, saw some blackberry kush.
Only thing that caught my interest.
Flagged down the dude asked to see it.
Gave it a smell, something didn’t seem rite.
I asked “what’s the date on this bud,dude”
He looked at the bottom date he said “August 2017”, well it was August 2018 at the time.
I said “that’s a year old, still on the shelf?”
He said “sorry bro I just work here”:(
I walked out and never went back.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey D, i had the same experience in nevada, i'll post the pic when i find it , the details on the packaging were startling, i bought an eigth of something, blackberry cream , my wife is reading the fine print, it says something like , 2018 ? I gotta look at the bag , but i nearly choked when she read off the date.....

Once its packaged and on the shelf , its gotta be sold , creepy and deceptive....

And its hard enough when these jerky kids ask you how you would like to be medicated , and they have no idea what they are talking about, i was almost embassared and felt bad for them...
Oh this one good for stomach cramps ....

And to make matters worse, they have a never ending flow of wide eyed naieve customers who buy into the bullshit...perfecting the picture

Not to mention , being corralled around by armed security guards who are looking at their watches and radios like a fucking act of terrorism is about begin....

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Oh shit, i just realized that they crept into the forums.....
You sneaky freaks...
O.k.
You really want to know what i think....i dont think so..

Canadian cannabis retailers union ???

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

There’s only one dispensary in Sacramento I’ll even go into, Wellness, the others...I avoid like the plague. Hey it’s why we do what we do, so we know what’s in our MJ, how it’s grown, what was done to it during it’s grow, how it was/wasn’t cured...
Let’s face it the chick’s behind the counter are mostly eye candy, but that’s just my take...
$50 for 1/8th...please.

the rrock

the rrock

There are a couple in Santa Cruz co that kick ass(I have been friends with the owners) creekside collective and Redwood Coast.Ive never bought bud from them but I love the vape pen cartridges,as you cant make them for the price they sell them.

Dan789

Dan789

There are a couple in Santa Cruz co that kick ass(I have been friends with the owners) creekside collective and Redwood Coast.Ive never bought bud from them but I love the vape pen cartridges,as you cant make them for the price they sell them.
Santa Cruz is on another planet compared to Sacramento and any of the very conservative area suburbs...Haven't visited there in ages, used to like Capitola, riding down to Pacific Grove along the coast, back when I had a motorcycle...

H

hawkman

Wandered into a dispensary once, saw some blackberry kush.
Only thing that caught my interest.
Flagged down the dude asked to see it.
Gave it a smell, something didn’t seem rite.
I asked “what’s the date on this bud,dude”
He looked at the bottom date he said “August 2017”, well it was August 2018 at the time.
I said “that’s a year old, still on the shelf?”
He said “sorry bro I just work here”:(
I walked out and never went back.
Along with the "good" comes the "bad", Now in Illinois the tax on marijuana is 33% folks are complaining BUT still buying After some more years maybe things will get straight'en out It's a same fopr lack of better words about all this shit that's happening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie73

Jamie73

Along with the "good" comes the "bad", Now in Illinois the tax on marijuana is 33% folks are complaining BUT still buying After some more years maybe things will get straight'en out It's a same fopr lack of better words about all this shit that's happening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More and more are buying the old fashion way. Especially in the states we're it's legal. California cannabis companies are going broke and moving to Vegas.

Jamie73

Jamie73

I love when I get that itch to try . Especially when she's about a week from finishing. Clip a few nuggets off. Pop in the toaster oven, 200 on bake for 20 mins. Grind it up! And light up. Pause and bang it hits . Success.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
And in IL its $70-75 an 1/8 for rec and all the dispensaries sold out. Still people waiting in long lines. Price will come down over time. Just glad its finally legal. The more states that go legal, the sooner the feds will legalize it.

Dan789

Dan789

Remembering all those times way back when (1969, Detroit suburb Warren Mi.) of having a “one/two finger lid” nothing but stems seeds and some leaves (probably under 1% thc), (wtf was bud?) and shitting ourselves every time we saw a cop...That younger self didn’t know what was in the future, optimistically joined NORML in 1970, but it sure took some time to even get where we are now...

Last edited:
H

hawkman

remember 4 figure lids in the 70's That was when Panama Red - Skunk , Columbia, thai and Mawai -- Know were one can get "true: Panama Red seeds - no joke - even "The White" - let me know if you want the site. These are true landrances pheno-types + other strains

dire wolf

dire wolf

He'll steal your woman than he'll rob your head ......

Latest posts

Top Bottom