bud turning brown I'm freaking out man

• Thread starter larebowm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

Yeah man I jarred up some outdoor nugs when they were still too wet and had the same thing happen on most of the lower part of those jars.iso is a good option imo.but it seemed like the first close up pic was the worst by far or I'm not seeing it all on my phone . personally I smoked worse growing up in the hood and I'm fine lol . maybe sort it by category and the really bad stuff ddo iso and maybe some bho with some better stuff.but sounds like ya just jarred too soon maybe.gl

L

larebowm

[ quote="BIGDAMBUD1, post: you got a nice photo thingy
It's just my cell phone camera with a 15X
Loupe taped

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Just a heads up when rot raises its ugly head just put the bud in h2o2 solution for a minute it will kill all mold and if it wasnt to bad even bring back taste and smell in some instances just my 2 cents :D

Camdawg

Camdawg

Just a heads up when rot raises its ugly head just put the bud in h2o2 solution for a minute it will kill all mold and if it wasnt to bad even bring back taste and smell in some instances just my 2 cents :D
Thats the treatment for PM not rot

vaporedout

vaporedout

i would be careful making edibles...... im pretty sure i read, if theres rot, throw it out. no saving it now, not even for hash, but then again........ just what i heard. how was/is your humidity in that growroom? did the buds go into the jar to wet?

L

larebowm

i did what i always do maybe i was just lucky before.
maybe it was the freeze..i had a freeze about a week before harvest heater went out maybe the lack of heat for a day trapped water. then it went back to the hot envirement when heater was replaced.dont know

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i did what i always do maybe i was just lucky before.
maybe it was the freeze..i had a freeze about a week before harvest heater went out maybe the lack of heat for a day trapped water. then it went back to the hot envirement when heater was replaced.dont know

POssibly the freeze actually caused moisture to be trapped in the buds, then you got the rot.

L

larebowm

Kind what I wanted to hear.lol at least I don't feel so negligent lol.
The fan stopped on the heater( my guess )
And element kept going I found heater burnt to the floor it had a plastic surround.
New one won't have that prob and changed outlet to gfi

ken dog

ken dog

I also think it was the freeze that did you in... You probably actually froze the buds.

I feel bad for you, but I thank you for posting...it helps.

green punk

green punk

Sorry to see this. Lots of good info here... I will add, in the event this happens dont freak out and touch every other bud you have curing and inspect it. When doing that you spread the spores to every other still wet bud that may not have been polluted. Instead remove the first ones spotted and brown bag or similar to another area. Then hope like hell it isn't on all of them. And continue on curing etc. Repeat remove infected. My .02.

L

larebowm

Yah thanks for help everyone but all were infected.3x6 grow area with fan blowing.
I'm going to do as suggested and medibles

ken dog

ken dog

Awe
Yah thanks for help everyone but all were infected.3x6 grow area with fan blowing.
I'm going to do as suggested and medibles

did you think it was the freeze that one night, that did them in?...kind of like if you freeze lettuce, the next day it's not crispy...it's limp.

L

larebowm

Ya I'm thinking freeze.they looked fine perfect even I'll throw up another pic.
Then after three day dry and into jars she started browning up.
After talking with folks I opened one of the more dense buds and saw that it didn't start on outside but on the inside.
I'm thinking decay started in the cells that exploded from the freeze.
Like lettuce as you stated.

ken dog

ken dog

thanks again for sharing, it's a good lesson for us all.
I also live where it freezes, and I run my lights at night.
I'm one power outage away from disaster, as I'm running a recirculating DWC, currently with no power back up.

L

larebowm

I'm looking into small propane heaters with a pilot. For back up.and it'll ad co2

L

larebowm

freaking out is in my naturesometimes im a little ocd
obviously more obsessive

fractal

fractal

3 days drying before jars, what did you think was going to happen. They need a week, minimum.

B

BestAround

follow the simple steps to dry your buds before jarring man.. that's stupid. u take time to grow buds.. just to slack on the dry and cure? half of quality bud is because of a slow dry.. and a nice cure. lol. 50% grow. 50% dry n cure.. for great buds.. ive seen great buds get ruined because of a shity dry and cure job.

S

ssteely71

IMO. The 3 days in the basket was not enough time. Let it air dry longer before you jar it. Also after being jarred let it sit a bit to settle RH ( 4-5 hours )then check it. If it's damp and limp. Put it back in the basket for 12 more hours. Do not jar at first for 24 hours before burping. 24 hours too wet in a jar is all the time needed for the mold to set in. The brown buds are from jarring too wet. This is from my experience. Best of luck !
Your bud looks like you did a nice grow.

Top Bottom