buds dried out to fast y.

• Thread starter HIGHLIFE420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HIGHLIFE420

i had them hanging 3 or 4 dayz at 67 to 74 degrees and check on them the stem doest snap when u bend it but the buds sound crispy so i jared them up and hopeing they will come back with some moisture is this normal is it to cold in my dry area please help thanx.:harvest:

S

SkyHi

There still tooo wet, take them back out and brown bag or air dry. You should feel/hear the stem snap before they go into jars...the outside will be crispy long before there actually dry.

B

bluetooth

take them out of ur jars and let em air dry
u should wait till you hear the stem snap b4 putting into jars to cure

J

Jalisco Kid

i kinda disagree about the stem snapping thing but you will know if there is too much moisture when you open your jar. I think by the time the stem snaps the chem process has stopped. I think your drying area is too dry not too cold. JK

R

REGISTRD

i kinda disagree about the stem snapping thing but you will know if there is too much moisture when you open your jar. I think by the time the stem snaps the chem process has stopped. I think your drying area is too dry not too cold. JK

Agreed... A correct curing will consist of bringing both outer moisture and Innner moisture to the surface...

L

LEBDOG

Sticky or Not...

Agreed... A correct curing will consist of bringing both outer moisture and Innner moisture to the surface...

Agreed... After hanging I jar-cure for 7 days and then usually get the stem snap. On thicker nugs I have waited 10 days in curing to get the stem snap thing (I was happy with the nugs at the day 7 without the snap). I promise that while the wait is a little longer, the distribution of moisture completes the curing process... This is how I make sure I still have sticky buds.

When I have waited for stem snap, I have lost way too much stickiness and was never able to recover from this. My nugs would crumble in to dust quicker also.

I believe this to be a matter of tastes somewhat also...

M

mrdizzle

I usually wait until the tiny buds snap, the larger buds should still have some juice in them that will be drawn out with the cure and spread around the other buds.

you can lose out on a ton of weight if you let your buds get completly dry before you cure

M

MASSES 420KING

I usually wait until the tiny buds snap, the larger buds should still have some juice in them that will be drawn out with the cure and spread around the other buds.

you can lose out on a ton of weight if you let your buds get completly dry before you cure

i have to concur with you dizzle :anim_19::stonedsmilie:that is how i cure using glass jars in my rubbermaid cure wich holds alot of tree i wait a lil longer then my tiny buds snapping cause theres so much in there i fear to much moisture could ruin a nice crop

M

MASSES 420KING

also you can re moisten your buds if they dried to quickly and that will allow you to finish with a proper cure and to be honest i have heard that by remoistening and letting the bud fully dry out again it for some reason makes it more potent i havent tried but now that i think about it im gonna try it tonite or tommorrow

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I once had my RH way to low while drying and the by day 3 or 4 the big nugs were cruncy... All I did was turn my shower on as hot as it would go turn the fan off and close the door with the nugs hanging in there I left them there for 30 minutes max!!! When I pulled them out they were sticky icky again I jarred them and cured for 7 days and I didnt noticed any difference between that batch and batches cured correctly.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I wait until they make a moderate crack. They'll still bend a little and have some green left to them. They should moisten back up to the point of needing to be aired out again within a day, if not you dried them too much. the stem shouldn't snap off, just flex and crack. This will vary from strain to strain, sativa to indica but it is a good starting point.

Top Bottom