Buds that look like this….

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

These buds were claimed to have been grown “organically” aside from some cal-mag. The have that same spongy feel I’ve experienced in the past with PGR weed (which is why I grow my own). I’m 98% sure these were grown with unhealthy PGR’s. They have an odd smell along with a lemon type scent, and a little “fecal” smell mixed in. Spongy feel almost like never dried all the way.

What do you guys think based off the pics? Dense and spongy. Not machine trimmed.

Buds that look like this

Buds that look like this 2
E

Eclipted

I really can’t say as I’m still new to growing I will say this reason right here is exactly why I started growing my own shit. I know what’s in it. These big weed farms are looking for more weight per plant so they pack it full of god knows what and let us smoke it.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I really can’t say as I’m still new to growing I will say this reason right here is exactly why I started growing my own shit. I know what’s in it. These big weed farms are looking for more weight per plant so they pack it full of god knows what and let us smoke it.
Yeah this drove me to grow my own as well. I only started seeing the PGR stuff within the last few years in my area. Before that it wasn’t anything common but now it’s all I see so I don’t buy from anyone anymore.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

These buds were claimed to have been grown “organically” aside from some cal-mag. The have that same spongy feel I’ve experienced in the past with PGR weed (which is why I grow my own). I’m 98% sure these were grown with unhealthy PGR’s. They have an odd smell along with a lemon type scent, and a little “fecal” smell mixed in. Spongy feel almost like never dried all the way.

What do you guys think based off the pics? Dense and spongy. Not machine trimmed.

View attachment 2022857
I would say its had PGR. but some buds nowadays can get really dense without it. Most commercial growers max out on lumens per plant, so the bud is naturally more dense.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I would say its had PGR. but some buds nowadays can get really dense without it. Most commercial growers max out on lumens per plant, so the bud is naturally more dense.
I have grown really dense bud, but these are different. These are very odd dense, spongy, rounded corners, tons of clumped together pistils. It looks like someone fed it poison chemicals. I’ll pass on this one lol.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

I have grown really dense bud, but these are different. These are very odd dense, spongy, rounded corners, tons of clumped together pistils. It looks like someone fed it poison chemicals. I’ll pass on this one lol.
can normally tell pgr by the bud look at the top almost looks triangular.

E

Eclipted

Yeah this drove me to grow my own as well. I only started seeing the PGR stuff within the last few years in my area. Before that it wasn’t anything common but now it’s all I see so I don’t buy from anyone anymore.
I was hearing about it back in 2018 had a solid year there where every bud I got was this orange “bubba” pgr bs.

memnoch

memnoch

What is PGR exactly @Dothraki I've never heard of that before.

Kannabis

Kannabis

Damned those Heathen Money Mongers - Off with there heads !!!

I

imhigh

What do you guys think based off the pics? Dense and spongy. Not machine trimmed. How close do you run your light?

View attachment 2022857

Eledin

Eledin

View attachment 2022857
Looks exactly like the PGR weed my ex-dealer tried to sell me not knowing it was shit and thinking it was THE shit. Spongy aswell, tasteless, bitter, weird high but "impressive" dense buds.

Eledin

Eledin

What is PGR exactly @Dothraki I've never heard of that before.
PGR cannabis refers to cannabis that has been grown with plant growth regulators (PGR). Using these regulators helps to control the growth of plants, including things like when the fruits ripen, and the width and shape of the plant’s roots, leaves and stems. In the case of cannabis, PGRs are used to fatten up buds to increase both weight and density, and as a result inflate the price to deceive unwitting consumers.

PGRs greatly benefit unscrupulous growers, but more worrying is the effect these chemicals can have on people who consume this type of cannabis. There are confirmed links between adverse health effects and PGR use. From the link below.
LINK for more info: https://highalert.org.nz/articles/w... at the risks,plant's roots, leaves and stems.

Using organic hormones like the ones in seaweed extract is totally fine, but you wont get those "impressive" buds.

Last edited:
memnoch

memnoch

PGR cannabis refers to cannabis that has been grown with plant growth regulators (PGR). Using these regulators helps to control the growth of plants, including things like when the fruits ripen, and the width and shape of the plant’s roots, leaves and stems. In the case of cannabis, PGRs are used to fatten up buds to increase both weight and density, and as a result inflate the price to deceive unwitting consumers.

PGRs greatly benefit unscrupulous growers, but more worrying is the effect these chemicals can have on people who consume this type of cannabis. There are confirmed links between adverse health effects and PGR use. From the link below.
LINK for more info: https://highalert.org.nz/articles/what-is-pgr-cannabis-and-how-do-you-spot-it/#:~:text=We look at the risks,plant's roots, leaves and stems.

Using organic hormones like the ones in seaweed extract is totally fine, but you wont get those "impressive" buds.
Aww that's why the shit from the dispensary I go to always looks short and doesn't last long. Ty Eledin for the knowledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom