Buds With Seeds..concentrates Questions

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I had a crop that went to seed(7-10lb...still being cut down, and cured. So I am not sure of the total weight), and wanted to know if it could still be used to make good BHO? Does the seed force an extra step or is it just an annoyance that can be worked with? If it needs an extra step, then what? I normally "donate" my product to local SFV/Hollywood dispensaries, but I know no one would take it even as shake because of the seeds. So I need to find a different avenue for it, and several others mentioned BHO, and similar. Do those that make concentrates normally grow their own bud or get it "donated" from other growers? Thanks take care.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Blast it you're good. Lol you are definitely not the first person to do this. If the flowers are decently grown and have a pleasant smell and trichrome production; you'll have nice bho when you're done. Let's not even start to talk about buds that are mold and pest/pesticide ridden being processed right at this moment... Which sucks.

Not all do this of course but a lot do not give a crap about what they are producing to be labeled as medicine. Snap-pull, taffy and shatter are extremely consumer popular right now over wax, budder and crumble. That fact is advantageous to the hash makers for a couple reasons. One reason is that shatter is not as malodorous as wax is even when it's made from the exact same material. whipping it or turning into wax will bring the bouquet out and all the great smelling terpenes. With a shatter of the same material you wont get most of that flavor, smell and taste until you actually dabbed it.

The second reason and probably the biggest reason is because shatter made from crap can easily be visually aesthetic yet when smoked it will be quite bland and not very potent. If you whip up crap bho it will look like crappy wax.

Understand that everything I just said is not exactly cut and dry. A lot of hash makers do indeed grow some of their own material. The definite majority of the material blasted is donated by other growers. That's when it's up to the hash maker to decide on the quality standard of what material he will take in to make bho from... Some don't give a fuck.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Id try and remove the seeds before i ran it, Not sure if those would impart any added flavor into the bho but not a chance id wanna take.

Other then that blast away! :D

Dunge

Dunge

Id try and remove the seeds before i ran it, Not sure if those would impart any added flavor into the bho but not a chance id wanna take.

Other then that blast away! :D
I start the other way.
Least action.
Run it seeds and all, unless strong testimony warns you off.
No wait.
Do both and tell us about it.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I had a bunch of seeded weed a couple summers ago..I thought about blasting it..but decided not to and gave it away to someone making edibles instead

I was told, the seeds have oil in them that doesn't taste good when burned that why they taste bad when in a joint..but im not sure how much of that seed oil ends up in the bho.

But The seeded weed can be used in edibles, no problem.
Or Dry sift hash...Or bubble hash maybe?

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Thanks for the replies. and thank you guys/gals for the information...I cant imagine the time, effort, and hell of removing seeds from 7-8lbs of bud, perhaps I'm looking at it wrong.. I guess I need to find someone to "donate" it to..just need to find that someone ; );)
take care...Happy Holidays!

Top Bottom