Buds wont ripen under LEDs..Help!

• Thread starter BBoyzDetroit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

From everything I can find, cutting from 12 to 10 for 5 days with the temp drop should signal the plant to finish.
Too bad I don't have Dr. Bruce's email or I'd ask him. Hey, wait, I do have it. It's on his website. LOL

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

I actually started using an LED for the 1st time about 6 weeks ago for some auto flowers I've got in a 4 by 4. They are in second week of flowering now and I haven't been able to get them to take the light over 70%. They don't really look super stressed but the sign I noticed (learned from watching Rasta Jeff's podcast) is that they just look tired at the end of the day, before the lights turn off. like they've had enough and are drooping even though they don't need water. I am about to start some auto photo. Dream Queen from Humboldt seeds and curious to see if they will drink up more light or if this thing will never get to full power in my tent. It is a Mars hydro FCE 4800. Just started growing again after a 9 year gap. I have like 10 years experience with HPS back in the dark ages haha. They hadn't figured out auto flowers back then either so it's a double experiment to start out with.

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

Typo there was from voice text cause I'm lazy should have said I'm about to start some photo reg dream queen

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I hate to say it, but LED's never had far red until recently. I think it's an important part of the spectrum, especially for flower and ripening.
Just my personal opinion, backed up by some of Bugbee's stuff.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Grows are completing a week earlier in most cases I've heard of. Actually, thinking about it, All the grows that use it report better growth and ripening. Just different amounts.

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

The other part that's come a long way is info about how to properly cure to preserve terpenes. Do you have a place that you can cool down to cure your buds when they finish at least? if they're same temp as your grow space it could be a lot better. I never knew back in the day to keep it at 65 degrees and about the same humidity. I clearly remember thinking I'd done a good job when I dried my entire crop to brittle stems in 4 to 5 days, hahaha. Like I said, dark ages.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Depending on the time of year, this crop I'll probably bag it and throw it in the wine cooler with a hygrometer. 55 degrees. It's unorthodox but better than outside. I'd Ike to set up a few 5 gallon drying buckets with carbon filter and pump air in periodically to keep the humidity constantly going down then I could keep that inside the house at normal temps.

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

That might actually be my biggest challenge this summer I live with my sister rn, im downstairs shes upstairs. it's legal here but she hates the smell and it's her house so I have to move the loudest girls to the patio and I won't have a place indoors that I can dry. I'm going to have to MacGrubber something on the back porch with a mini evaporative cooler in a cabinet and drill some fans onto it. It's either that or move my portable air conditioner from my bedroom/grow room into the bathroom and plastic wrap it shut for 2 weeks. I have lots of 5 gal buckets around, haha. Or these are stoner plans and I might get lazy and rent her a cabin for 10 days and rush the dry a bit.

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

not an option unfortunately cuz ive got 6 more autos just getting their true leaves and im popping dream queen photos in a week. everything needs to be done by Oct 15th so im stacking hard. Renting the cabin was all joke, It would be cheaper to get a second tent and carbon filter but I can't afford that right now. going to be moving in mid October to a better place with no constraints on growing. don't want to buy anything till I know what my new space will be.

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

I started a thread in the introduced myself section but I couldn't post any photos yet all the ones on my phone are high rays and too large to upload. We'll take some tomorrow at sun up. The project I'm excited about is putting a couple photos in my dog's oversized crate and using it as a light deprivation greenhouse/trellis. Need to keep it low height so I'm going to try to wrap them around the cage. She was very happy to contribute her doggy Shawshank to the project.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

My tent is outside in a shed with blankets on it.. lol.. so I cannot control high temps. Today it was 105 outside.
How big is your shed? You may be able to drop it 20 degrees. What's around it?

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

Evaporative coolers work really well in outdoor settings but the problem there is the increased humidity.

Top Bottom