Budworms...ugh!

• Thread starter oldskool63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What if you've got a layout like mine, and there *is* no grass? We literally have no grass around us. Maybe one of the neighbors does, but I wouldn't know whom.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
So--
yawl just have one specie of worm???

Last edited:
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Download 8

Found one of these on my patio.
It's in a cocoon in my garage, I think it will turn into this.
Download 7

Luna moth

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Have you seen the type that repels off strands of silk from the trees? They are super small. The silk can be mistaken as a spider web. Then when there on your plant they repel from bud to bud and leave a trail of silk similar to a spider web.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Have you seen the type that repels off strands of silk from the trees? They are super small. The silk can be mistaken as a spider web. Then when there on your plant they repel from bud to bud and leave a trail of silk similar to a spider web.
Inch worm or silk worm

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

How do you get rid of your grass @Sunbaked ??? I have a huge field with grass all around the property and where I grow. All my neighbors have massive grass fields as well. I was thinking of putting down black weed cloth in my garden but won't they just fly in from all my neighbors. ?? Also does anyone know why the little bastards always seem to get your biggest colas. Very annoying they don't eat the little popcorn nugs

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You know, you could try planting trap corn crops next season. I did this one year when I was growing out a Mendo Purps cross from @Blaze and he told me that he's observed that the moths seem to be attracted to the darker, more purple buds. So I planted some blue corn nearby. I can't say it was foolproof, but I think it was helpful.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Do the moths live in the grass?? Or do they fly around in the air and kinda live in the trees??? Blue corn @Seamaiden sounds like a good idea. You don't think it might just attract a greater amount of moths to the area ??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see mine all around, and I have no lawn and I don't think there's anyone with an actual grass lawn nearby. Just heavy brush, trees, cover, weeds.

And no, I don't think it would attract a greater number of moths. And if it did, they'd be more attracted to the trap crops, at least that is the case IME with harlequin beetles. They'll hit the easier mustards growing wild before my Brassicas that I've Tx'd with spinosad or Surround. They especially don't seem to like the Surround WP.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Should I just dig a skinny long trench on the outside of my big green fences and throw in some nice extra potting soil from this year and sprinkle in a couple hundred blue corn seeds. I like corn :)

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

You could modify something like this
With some bamboo leg extensions and a mosquito net wrapped around it, thatvwould keep most the moths off I would think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom