Bugs bugs bugs

• Thread starter Tommy626
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tommy626

Tommy626

Just wondering if anyone knows what this is. I left the runoff in pan for a few days while I was out of town n found these
Bugs bugs bugs

Tommy626

Tommy626

Well there was also little pieces of wings in the water and springtails don’t have wings???

Tommy626

Tommy626

Well there was also little pieces of wings in the water and springtails don’t have wings???
I turned off all wind and seen a few small flying objects but couldn’t get a good look in the lighting. But all said and done I chopped all the plants and tossed all the pots n dirt. I don’t do well around bugs lol. Just out of curiosity what type of damage do springtails do to plants?

Tommy626

Tommy626

After researching springs a bit I’m a bit uncertain. For as much larvae that was there, I should be visually seeing the adults and there is NONE! Weird

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey , might be fungus gnat larva , whatever it is ..... I killed some gnats and they had a weird tube looking nose , like an elephant trunk similar to the pics here , you can only see it under a super magnification......

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
There springtails if you look at the pic you put up and look at the pic I put up there the same . Regards OD .

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
You what? Chopped up all your plants and threw it all away? What was the reasoning behind this? Why not learn how to resolve the pest issue? Pests aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, so learn to prevent them. To each their own.
Burnz

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I turned off all wind and seen a few small flying objects but couldn’t get a good look in the lighting. But all said and done I chopped all the plants and tossed all the pots n dirt. I don’t do well around bugs lol. Just out of curiosity what type of damage do springtails do to plants?
None

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Like I told you I your message it was a beneficial, the only way to learn is to make mistakes, you just made a big mistake so now learn from it but if you want to go with your own uneducated guess that’s fine no skin of my nose regards Od .
You got me tagged in bro lol I'm the one telling him they were springtails and that they don't hurt his plant! I'm just as sad that he chopped his plants up as everyone else in this thread :/

OP, I feel it's a bit of an overreaction but to each his own and your not good with bugs so prevention is the key! don't leave any water in those trays! A lot of people use racks so they drain in the trays underneath and they're much easier to dump the water out hope this helps, good luck!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Time to pop some new beans and start over. We are here to help, before you chop of course. Good luck.
Burnz

Latest posts

Top Bottom