Bugs bugs bugs

• Thread starter Tommy626
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tommy626

Tommy626

Time to pop some new beans and start over. We are here to help, before you chop of course. Good luck.
Burnz
Well I panicked bc it was in my home and if the ol’lady caught wind of it my hobby would be OVER. I definitely appreciate you guys. Nothing but nice. Thanks again
(Seeds already soaking just not gonna use dirt! Lol dwc here I come!)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well I panicked bc it was in my home and if the ol’lady caught wind of it my hobby would be OVER. I definitely appreciate you guys. Nothing but nice. Thanks again
(Seeds already soaking just not gonna use dirt! Lol dwc here I come!)
You're misinformed thinking you will not encounter bugs in dwc, best wishes

Tommy626

Tommy626

You're misinformed thinking you will not encounter bugs in dwc, best wishes
[/QUOTE
Aren’t they less likely to colonize a bucket of water rather than 5 gallon of dirt? It was actually my own assumption based solely on a cleanliness aspect.
I enjoy smoking and growing it but doing it in my home comes with restrictions bc I have another half. Right now I have my wife’s proxy lol what she does not know won’t hurt her. The hard part for me is keeping everything unknown to her! Thanks for the information

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Both time I had mites they were in flood and drain trays. I don't mean this as a dick only as a fact, if you had dumped the extra runoff out of your catch trays you wouldn't have had the springtails, and the bugs you saw flying we're likely fungus gnats, they like Hydro too

Tommy626

Tommy626

Both time I had mites they were in flood and drain trays. I don't mean this as a dick only as a fact, if you had dumped the extra runoff out of your catch trays you wouldn't have had the springtails, and the bugs you saw flying we're likely fungus gnats, they like Hydro too
I was gonna use a bucket and air stone setup I seen online. No flood table. Looks like they are just rotating buckets every couple days. Just seems like a way to keep the bugs honest. If they are trying to make a home, all their work would be destroyed every couple days.
mites are catastrophic to your grow no?
How did you handle those?
I just started reading about IPM on the net. Definitely gonna put a few of these things in play.
I ordered yellow stick pads, dia. Earth, fungus gnat trap, and seeing these things called nematodes? I would think that all these things in combination with a clean environment should make it hostile for bugs to live in the tent.
At this point I’m open to any solutions or preventative maintenance that you might have found successful.
Yeah I get it about the drain tray but I had no choice. I couldn’t have asked my noisy neighbor who invites the city police to sit in his driveway and run speed traps to water my plants. Lol. Lesson learned though!
Is it better to feed plants from the bottom?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I use this in my soil and fertigation mixes and have had great results fighting fungus gnats and thrips.

https://www.certisusa.com/pest_management_products/bioinsecticide/pfr-97_microbial_insecticide

DE isn't as effective as it claims to be in wet environments, it turns into this chalky goo that definitely doesn't kill anything. Safer's End-All sprayed on any infested plants in conjunction with PFR-97 and periodically neeming the vegging plants has been solid IPM for me so far.

Top Bottom