Bugs Possibly?? Help...Please Lol

• Thread starter Subaru2k13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Look when you pay the bills, then you can pray to whatever jesus you want. I like baby jesus. In his little manger with his little angel wings.

I like to imagine my jesus singing lead for lynard skynard, and im just shit faced in the front row.
huh?
wtf

aye bro, your full of demons and you dont even know it

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

You got it bud. Im a demon 😂 I guess me attempting to bring laughter to some of your mornings is evil as it gets. How dare I quote will farrel this early in the A.M. its blasphemous. I should have mentioned hes also in a tuxedo shirt, it says Im formal but i also like to party.

dbrzz

dbrzz

So I basically did a mini combo of the last two comments, aside from the Neem oil (currently waiting on it to be delivered). But sprayed it with the dish soap mixture, let it drip dry. Sprayed again, let it drip dry. Let it sit without the light for like 30-45 min. Then gave it a few days, did the same thing on Wednesday. And just went to check on it today and am quite shocked to see that there's practically no bugs left on the leaves. There were still a few leaves with a few bugs. But nothing compared to what it was. But I took it out to really rinse the plant off, just to be sure no soapy water was left on it. And honestly looks healthier now than it did before🤷🏻‍♂️ I still want to do a round with the Neem oil when it comes in, just to be sure. And I'm glad you guys mentioned the top of the soil. That was going to be my next question lol, do I flush the whole pot? Do I scoop the top layer out? Or just spray the top soil just like I did the rest of the plant?
DE powder dusted on top of your soil will desicate the bastards and provide control of the bugs in the soil. It must be dry to work, so add after your done watering to dust your topsoil.

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Currently getting her setup for a shower right now lol. But it's interesting you say that about the 20min then rinse.. I've done more reading on Neem oil with weed plants, in the last few days than I care to even think about.. I always try to get as much info as possible before attempting something new. But the whole topic in general has been tough. Because it's so back and forth.. read countless comments/articles/etc that say to leave the Neem oil on, that the light/sun will make it "go away".. but at the same time have read just as much with people saying exactly what you said, spray and then rinse. I know every person, plant, situation is always gonna be different. This particular topic has just got me running in circles🤣
Regardless, I'm taking your advice lol. I'm gonna just stick to doing what I feel the plant needs lol. Have gone down the forum/YouTube rabbit hole wayyy too much these last 24-48hrs lol
been down that hole myself,backed up and started checking out forums helped a lot more.

Subaru2k13

Subaru2k13

Figured I'd give a little update for everyone... Definitely got quite a few leaves curled and turning brown, even after the rinse. Which was to be expected. I still need to get in there and trim what's not save able. I know you can clip ends of leaves and stuff, and maybe it's just me, but I always end up just clipping the leaf entirely right down to the branch. Idk if I should actually start just trimming ends or not? But it's definitely sad to see her in this shape considering how good she looked before hand(will post before and after pics) but hoping all of this was worth it in the end and can finally get rid of these tiny little devils... I know I should've kept the other 4 separate as well, but by the time I noticed the bugs to begin with, they had already made their way onto them. And don't have another space/light to keep em separate anyways. And also two, if not all four, will be going to a friend who's trying to get into this hobby as well(figured I'd help with the germinating part, he was struggling a bit lol) only after I know the infestation is completely gone. But hoping the big one will continue to grow and recoup eventually, I'm pretty hesitant to do another round of Neem oil honestly lol. I haven't had the chance to really sit down and give a good look, but seems to be better after a quick once over this morning. Only time will tell I guess!

(First pic is current day, second is before treatments started. And sorry for the "burple" lighting, only pics I had of the whole plant and not close ups.. kinda odd how it looks like two different color lights tho, it's the same exact light lol. Maybe just due to the angle🤷🏻‍♂️)

20211120 160451 HDR
20211112 223316
Subaru2k13

Subaru2k13

You got it bud. Im a demon 😂 I guess me attempting to bring laughter to some of your mornings is evil as it gets. How dare I quote will farrel this early in the A.M. its blasphemous. I should have mentioned hes also in a tuxedo shirt, it says Im formal but i also like to party.
I appreciate the humor🙋🏼‍♂️😂 definitely much needed, has been one hell of a week...

Subaru2k13

Subaru2k13

DE powder dusted on top of your soil will desicate the bastards and provide control of the bugs in the soil. It must be dry to work, so add after your done watering to dust your topsoil.
Noted! Unfortunately gotta wait till next week for payday before getting any more stuff for them, but will for sure be looking into that! Definitely learned my lesson tho with all of this. Always ignored buying any sorta pest control stuff, because I hadn't had any issues. But is definitely worth buying ahead of time just to have, will for sure be stocking up for future grows!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Don't trim anymore. Let them grow past this and then you can remove the damaged stuff. Right now, they need all the energy they can get.
They are looking much better.

No more 30 weight. 🤣

Subaru2k13

Subaru2k13

No more 30 weight. 🤣
🤣🤣🤣Needed that laugh today lol. But on a serious note.. so I shouldn't treat it again? Even if there's still bugs? Don't want to hurt the plant more or potentially kill it. But also don't want to let it die slowly due to an infestation lol. Just kinda unsure how to approach that if it is the case

Ponky

Ponky

🤣🤣🤣Needed that laugh today lol. But on a serious note.. so I shouldn't treat it again? Even if there's still bugs? Don't want to hurt the plant more or potentially kill it. But also don't want to let it die slowly due to an infestation lol. Just kinda unsure how to approach that if it is the case
I'm more of a destroy plants I'm not happy with in a rage guy. But sometimes certain bugs aren't a big deal. I just don't spray once buds are forming. Makes then gross to me. Even if it's in my head. Unless webs...

Subaru2k13

Subaru2k13

I'm more of a destroy plants I'm not happy with in a rage guy. But sometimes certain bugs aren't a big deal. I just don't spray once buds are forming. Makes then gross to me. Even if it's in my head. Unless webs...
Honestly almost regretting spraying mine lol. Was so beautiful before😭 it was a clone from some crown royale a friend had and says it's real good stuff. Paid ridiculous amount for seeds.. Guess he could've got ripped off😂 but only uses well known/reviewed seed banks and has been growing for almost longer than I've been alive so trust he wouldn't waste money on junk.. even tried some of his he grew and was def up there as one of the best I've smoked. (sorry, always ramble and make shit longer than it needs to be..🤦‍♂️😂) but yea, no longer work with him and also moved for his new job. So don't have any access to more seeds/clones for this strain. So has made me that much more cautious and anxious about keeping this plant tip top ykno? No pro by any means, but have quite a few grows under my belt. Just never had this issue, never dealt with clones either. So never knew to isolate them or treat them before hand... But always something to be learned with this hobby that's for sure!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If its not moving, then its a good bug. If it moves, kill it.
You will want to do another treatment in 2 weeks to kill anything that had not hatched yet.
This time, use the plant therapy. It won't kill your plants.

Ponky

Ponky

Honestly almost regretting spraying mine lol. Was so beautiful before😭 it was a clone from some crown royale a friend had and says it's real good stuff. Paid ridiculous amount for seeds.. Guess he could've got ripped off😂 but only uses well known/reviewed seed banks and has been growing for almost longer than I've been alive so trust he wouldn't waste money on junk.. even tried some of his he grew and was def up there as one of the best I've smoked. (sorry, always ramble and make shit longer than it needs to be..🤦‍♂️😂) but yea, no longer work with him and also moved for his new job. So don't have any access to more seeds/clones for this strain. So has made me that much more cautious and anxious about keeping this plant tip top ykno? No pro by any means, but have quite a few grows under my belt. Just never had this issue, never dealt with clones either. So never knew to isolate them or treat them before hand... But always something to be learned with this hobby that's for sure!
Bugs are inevitable

Subaru2k13

Subaru2k13

If its not moving, then its a good bug. If it moves, kill it.
You will want to do another treatment in 2 weeks to kill anything that had not hatched yet.
This time, use the plant therapy. It won't kill your plants.
Probably going to make myself look/sound real dumb... But even in the beginning of all this, I could never really see them moving lol. Maybe because of how small and slow they are, add a good mix of my terrible eye sight and shaky hands.. also probably just didn't look close enough, not that it would've really mattered much due to my eye sight.. I know I gotta invest in a microscope of some sort for future issues.
Also, I'm sure you probably mentioned it a few times throughout out this thread, and probably should've went back before asking... But by plant therapy, you mean the product? Or is there actually some sorta method to helping this problem and prevent damage done? Sorry for stupid questions... I get confused easy after some sessions. 💨💨🥴 😂

Subaru2k13

Subaru2k13

...yep, meant the product 🤦‍♂️ why I didn't go back to look... I got no answer 😂 I question my own sanity/intelligence sometimes🤣
But I assume I should ditch the Neem oil completely then? At least for this particular plant anyways. Might ditch it regardless. I really can't stand the smell.. and now not only does the grow area smell like it, but also the entire room as well lol. Really not a fan, but was okay dealing with it for the sake of saving the plant. The things we do for our children...🤣

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

...yep, meant the product 🤦‍♂️ why I didn't go back to look... I got no answer 😂 I question my own sanity/intelligence sometimes🤣
Let me get you the number of a friend of mine. He is a Plant Therapist. Man after he does a massage, they just perk right up.

Yeah, the pix above. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom