Bugs, Powdery Milder and Mold OH MY!

• Thread starter ACSippi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ACSippi

ACSippi

JMHO...ment for new growers...

There's no shame in taking the Loss when growing weed when it comes to your health. It happens, even the great AC Sippi (me) takes Ls. (Forgot to turn off UVb, drying in a flowering room because thats my best and only choice sometimes)

Success for growing any plant is not guaranteed when it comes to that stuff. We learn and adjust for better redults in the future and we can pass on what we learned to other growers in the future.

It's how we got to where we're at today.

Pesticides and etc are unhealthy bandaids.

With the emergence of legalization, businesses opened across America. Most hired ignorant 'professionals' who carelessly spent multi Millions setting up shop with one thing in mind, $. Those businesses are forced to make every penny they can any way possible. (Including ripping customers off in big ways, processing weed so moldy youd never think it would be smokable)

Pesticides etc were already used by homegrowers but Pesticides etc were not normalized until businesses normalized the use. Ask any ignorant 'Master Grower' in the industry and they'll tell you straight up, 'IPM is an important part of the SOP!' (IPM = Intigrated Pest Management, SOP = Standard Operating Procedure)

Over the past 10 years new home growers exploded onto the scene. Marketing, word of mouth and the urge to grow great weed has diluted the fear of Pesticides etc. Even I can't overcome businesses influence on customers. I say Pesticides etc are bad but all a business has to say it's they're okay and customers trust the businesses...'Who is AC Sippi? He dont know what hes talking about...poisons are safe, even the Health departments agree!'

Fine, whatever.

But homegrowers, this is your stuff. Grown by your hand in the comfort of your own home. Why match Dispensary quality? Why copy cultivation businesses SOPs? Why even homegrow then? $. To save money. But what about your health?

Even the biggest grows in America could grow without using poisons, they choose not to because it's too risky for their investors that don't even smoke weed or never stood with us through the years. Businesses don't care about your health. Some businesses that spray poisons are owned by guys that have arrested, beat on and locked up guys like us.

Don't be like them while growing in your home.

The biggest things are PM and Mold. Both are easily blocked from your grow without using poisons.

If you got bugs that's on you and you have to figure out how to stop them from finding your plants. To note, ive been growing for decades and ive  never had a bug problem. Not even once, maybe a mosquito here and there or drain fly but no other bugs on the actual buds. What did I do about Drain flies and Mosquitos? Figured out how to stop them but they don't even mess with the buds, just the water.

So just learn to keep your homegrow pure. It's really easy. We all heard the sayings, God's gift, plant medicine etc...keep it clean! I didn't advocate and put my life on the line for poisoned weed.

For dirt/coco growers, there are ways to eliminate bugs using ZERO chemicals. You could give me the most infested dirt and I'd grow a plant right in my main flower room, next to my hydro plants, with no fear. For the pros reading this paragraph, stop and think for a second...you know what I'm talking about but don't comment. 😉 Businesses dip in on these websites and they'd love to know the secrets.

Disclaimer, not all businesses use poisons, some grow clean medicine.

Streetmarket weed, from the plug. Beware of that stuff too. Most of it is rejected by testing companies so it magically hits the streets. I saw a report recently that heavy metal buildup in humans that smoke streetmarket weed is on the rise. I don't know if it's really comming out the back door of legit businesses but a while back a 'master grower' from Good Day Farms told me weed goes out the backdoors so what am I to think?

Pesticides may not hurt you if you only smoke it a few times but over time....

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I hate going in the local dispos! Anything that is worth paying for (top shelf) isn’t even that top shelf. I got some outdoor homegrown that looked way rough and had seeds (he does seed stuff) and that shit still hit better than the “high grade”. All gimmick! I think it’s cool we can get weed legally now(for most and in the US) but with that legality fallowed the business man.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Riiight?!? And most customers don't even know what true top grade stuff is.

I'm like your outdoor friend, my stuff gets seeds too but I'm always doing seed stuff. There's a difference between your friend/me and getting seeds and seeds you find at the Dispo. Seeds from dispos are like half the seeds being sold at seed banks. Herms....

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@ACSippi - You didn't mention state regulators. I suspect there must be considerable variability by state. The feds don't or can't do much regulation—yet. So, to blame dispos, or what we call 'stores' where I live, and commercial growers is not seeing the whole target. That's not to say I disagree with you, though. It's only to say there are more to blame.

ACSippi

ACSippi

And please everyone, I'm not as cocky as I sound, it's more of a gimmic that I'm great lol. I don't grow no better than the next guy.

ACSippi

ACSippi

@ACSippi - You didn't mention state regulators. I suspect there must be considerable variability by state. The feds don't or can't do much regulation—yet. So, to blame dispos, or what we call 'stores' where I live, is not seeing the whole target. That's not to say I disagree with you, though. It's only to say there are more to blame.
Agreed! State regulators are lobbied by big businesses. 'We MUST had a lod of .05 because it's simply impossible to get it lower.' In which the regulators think the businesses must know what they're talking about.

Lots of blame to go around, even myself for being unable to do a better job advocating.

Top Bottom