build your own tent?

• Thread starter blue-dreamer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blue-dreamer

I want to build my own tent. I want to use sturdy materials, preferably wood. I want it to be air/light proof. 4x4x6ft tall. Anyone have experience building a killer grow chamber? What and Where to get the materials, etc? And I would like it to be able to be disassembled for when i have to move so sealing the crevaces with glue is not an option. I want to use weather stripping or something like that. I will also be using thick grade mylar, and a thousand watt dual arc bulb/lumatek ballast, glass sealed hood. Havent boughten the light equip. so if u think there's a better set up feel free to chime in (c; ok thanks everyone

og619

og619

I built one about the same size as your thinking, using pvc and panda film. Easy to assemble/disassemble and relatively cheap, between 50-100. I also have a thousand watt glass sealed hood, but probably would have been better with a xxxl or other more low profile hood to get the most out of the room. I'll try and post a pic or two, plan on getting a camera real soon.

darkpink

darkpink

save yourself the trouble and headache and buy a tent of the size you wish. you will pat yourself on the back in the end for all the hastle and time it will save you not to mention the $$ it makes you.

dp

orbad

orbad

I did all the math on building one but it was cheaper to buy one. I found a used one wig no poles and made a PVC frame for it.

R

recreationaluse

-1 on pvc. regular pvc will outgass. Do not use pressure treated wood MAY also outgas. DO NOT BUY AGROMAX TENT FROM HTG. THEY WILL FUCKING OUTGAS AND KILL EVERYTHING

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I did all the math on building one but it was cheaper to buy one. I found a used one wig no poles and made a PVC frame for it.

Agreed. If you are in a medical friendly state there is a good chance you can find one used on craigslist. I grabbed a 4x6 Hydrohut in almost new condition for $100.

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom