Building a 4x6 hidden room

• Thread starter budderfly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budderfly

budderfly

Still running this workhorse of a room :)

20171027 201821

A while back I switched to using Blumats run off a pump & reservoir system. You can see the distribution lines above.

It's a 15 gallon reservoir. It was tough to find rez's that fit right in the flower room and were big enough to be worthwhile. These are 24x12x12, 3/16" walled polyethylene tanks made by Tamco.

I'm using SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution pumps. I do have their 2088-594-154 industrial pump which has similar specs and was cheaper in a 120v AC version to pump water out of my 55gal barrel, but the revolution pumps have an internal bypass to handle cycling better.. seemed like a better pump for the blumat setup.

It was also cheaper for me to get the 12V revolution pumps and a couple 30A 12V switching mode power supplies off amazon because I could run both in the flower room off the same power supply, but 1-for-1 it's close to a wash between the 12V DC and 120V AC versions of the pump.

SHURflo 50-mesh SS filters before the pumps and SHURflo 182-200 accumulator tanks after. Watts 560 lead-free 0-60psi pressure regulator with gauges after the tanks.

I'm using 1/4" inner diameter tubing for main lines after the regulator (1/2" up until it). All white LLDPE line. Off the regulator is a shut off valve then a line with quick disconnects on each end to separate the pump from the line running around the room.

I did order 38 of the 1/4" OD to 3mm shut-off valve disconnects from Sustainable Village. This lets me have one at every plant site including up to 3 mothers, and let's every site in the flower room have the option of running off either reservoir.

Shut-off valves at the end of the lines with a quick disconnect to hook up a dump line.

Stuff adds up. The rez's were $100 each, each pump/filter/accumulator setup is $120+, regulator and gauge was almost $50 each, two patio and deck blumat kits for $160, shut-off valves start to add up, as do all the misc elbows, tees, reducers, etc.

Res pump top

Res pump side

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

Nice looking res,I'm gonna check out tamcos stuff.I remember when you started this thread,every house should have a hidden growroom!

Top Bottom