Building a grow room and have a couple questions

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dond3030

Your window ac may not be enough when summer comes. I'd go with a 22000 btu window unit to be on the safe side. I got one for less than 500$ online.

C

CanadianClassic

With good enough exhausting you shouldn't really even need A/C

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Your window ac may not be enough when summer comes. I'd go with a 22000 btu window unit to be on the safe side. I got one for less than 500$ online.

I was concerned about that, i guess only time will tell. I guess I can always add another one...
Confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
By hybrid, I kinda of just meant a "smart" grow room, that will use intake/exhaust when it makes the most sense (weather and temps will allow it), and will stay sealed when that's not an option (it's gonna be pretty expensive to setup with dampers and whatnot and to properly automate it all).

As far as "running vented with AC", what in the world does that mean? You've gotta pick one or the other, and if the latter, you're gonna need to add CO2.

Yeah, the ideal goal is to run a sealed room, and when the outside temps do not permit, I can have the intake/exhaust as a fail safe. Buy next round i will have all the componants to have a complete sealed room, but for now i will try my hand at a vented room. thnx, bobby smith.

Btw, "vented ac" was my inexperienced ass trying to describe air exchange on the ac open. duuhhh, thnx for having patience with me.

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Thanks for all the replys guys, im currently building the room out and will be starting a new thread with the pix and stuff soon, hope to c u there and as always, I need as much feedback as possible.

thnx, Confu...

K

kovert

I tend to get larger btu units than nessasary for space so the a/c unit can efficiently cool per the thermostat

Landfishd

Landfishd

In regards to running the intake/exhaust in conjunction with A/C can't you alternate them? Like in this thread.

"my lights are ducted to suck outside air through the lights and right out of the room, using a 10inch vortex. this fan runs continuously while the lights are on, effectively aircooling the 6 lights.

then i have a main exhaust thats a 10 inch vortex hooked up to a carbon filter that sucks inside the room and dumps the air out. this fan is on a cycle, and runs for 6 minutes on, 15 minutes off. this gives time for the air conditioner to cool and dehumidify the room, while not having to fight the exhaust. the room is cooled by a 18,000btu mini split LG unit. the photos dont show the ac."

Top Bottom