Building my greenhouse

• Thread starter knnthc93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

Go Shadecloth as a better route, it prevents views from helicopters and also will help with your cooling solution as well, and allows breathing

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Go Shadecloth as a better route, it prevents views from helicopters and also will help with your cooling solution as well, and allows breathing
Great tip!
I want to remove all the plastic on the sides and shade cloth/moth net my whole GH.
I just need to find something I can afford to use :cool:
I was hoping my 1st run would help pay for that...not sure any more

K

knnthc93

I went to hope depot and they only had painters plastic, I dont think that is going to work. :/ damn im having a hard time getting this together. might be lazy and buy one

squarepusher

squarepusher

squarepusher

squarepusher

Yeah man. That looks affordable. But I wonder if that is tight enough to keep moths out..
I wonder how small the holes would need to be to keep moths out :confused:
I know you are fearing the dreaded bud worms! Me too, had some bad experiences with that in the years past. While the shade cloth is not rated to keep out insects, I think you would greatly reduce moths, I would estimate 90% reduction. They have a separate insect screen but it is fairly expensive. However with some preemptive use of BT I think you should be in good shape.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Alternate Bti/Bt with Spinosad. I'm going to be increasing the use of plant essential oils this year as part of my IPM rotation as well, see how that works out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom