Building out a wharehouse, had questions on sealing it up

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

toquer

The soft side is the open side of a metal stud. Screw yhe soft side first makes it easier when attaching
Now I'm confused. It's a wide u channel, 3.625 on the bottom by 1.625 on the sides by the length. Used just like a wood stud to make wall dimension 4" thick. This "soft side" you mention. The open side that has no steel on the 3.625 width side. How do you screw anything into that? It's open, it's just air.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Now I'm confused. It's a wide u channel, 3.625 on the bottom by 1.625 on the sides by the length. Used just like a wood stud to make wall dimension 4" thick. This "soft side" you mention. The open side that hao steel on the 3.625 width side. How do you screw anything into that? It's open, it's just air.

w

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
drwall splits the stud one side is soft one is hard cause its rhe solid side.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Aha took a sec but now I get it. Finer points of metal studliness.

T

toquer

Images

How would drywall touch the "soft side"? It's on the inside of the wall. Gives the cavity a full 16 width to accept insulation that's greater than 15". Are you installing the studs 90° off to make a thinner wall?

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I think he means where two sheets of drywall butt together with the seam splitting the stud. Easier to screw one sheet edge on the soft/open side before securing the other sheet to the hard side. Not an issue where you're just tacking to the studs inward from the edges of the sheets. Right?

T

toquer

I think he means where two sheets of drywall butt together with the seam splitting the stud. Easier to screw one sheet edge on the soft/open side before securing the other sheet to the hard side. Not an issue where you're just tacking to the studs inward from the edges of the sheets. Right?
Ohhh... Now I get it. I was learned it that way but never was told what I was doing or why.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Bump , would love to see your progress , hope your just busy building

Sorry about dropping the ball on this thread guys. I had a crazy month. I have laproscopic partial nefrectomy surgery( they removed part of my kidney because they found a tumor) early SEPT. I was overly optomistic and thought id be in the hospital a couple days and recoved after a week. HAHAHA LMAO, yea right, I was in the hospital for almost a week and im still not 100%. it really slowed me down and as a consequence, Im about 30-45 days behind. Bad news is, the tumor was cancerous, good news is they got it all out so, Ive avoided chemo for now. Im jus super happy they found it so early and by accident. Glad I had Ins I could afford to use.
ne ways heres a couple pictures of where the room currently is:

Most of the mudding is done, I have a few seems left. SANDING SUX! I think im gonna leave it unfinished?unpainted and hang panda film. anyone have thoughts on that?
IMG 0970
IMG 0971

This is the veg area, AC is up in both areas now thanks to @CannabisJohn, he was professional cost effective and did everything he said he would. I appriciate it buddy! We went with a 5 ton and air handler in flower and a mitsubshi 3 ton mini for veg.
IMG 0972
IMG 0973

this is the front, i plan on building another room from that front right wall over to the left side wall. and that will be my "office". the ceiling will drop down so I can access that air vent( jus above those 2 outlet boxes. its a 15inch) and ducting.
IMG 0974

Babies ready to go, need to transplant asap! couple diff OGs, couple diff wifis, couple diff cookies, my LAD @soserthc1 , unleaded OG
IMG 0977

quik shot of my 4k room that i plan on retiring soon!
IMG 0978

OG but i cant say which one haha.
IMG 0979

thanks for checking in guys and gals. I plan on starting a new thread for this room called My Breaking BAD moment, keep an eye out.

confu

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Are u building a entire new ceiling ? And why?
Sorry about dropping the ball on this thread guys. I had a crazy month. I have laproscopic partial nefrectomy surgery( they removed part of my kidney because they found a tumor) early SEPT. I was overly optomistic and thought id be in the hospital a couple days and recoved after a week. HAHAHA LMAO, yea right, I was in the hospital for almost a week and im still not 100%. it really slowed me down and as a consequence, Im about 30-45 days behind. Bad news is, the tumor was cancerous, good news is they got it all out so, Ive avoided chemo for now. Im jus super happy they found it so early and by accident. Glad I had Ins I could afford to use.
ne ways heres a couple pictures of where the room currently is:

Most of the mudding is done, I have a few seems left. SANDING SUX! I think im gonna leave it unfinished?unpainted and hang panda film. anyone have thoughts on that?
View attachment 447546 View attachment 447547
This is the veg area, AC is up in both areas now thanks to @CannabisJohn, he was professional cost effective and did everything he said he would. I appriciate it buddy! We went with a 5 ton and air handler in flower and a mitsubshi 3 ton mini for veg.
View attachment 447548 View attachment 447549
this is the front, i plan on building another room from that front right wall over to the left side wall. and that will be my "office". the ceiling will drop down so I can access that air vent( jus above those 2 outlet boxes. its a 15inch) and ducting.
View attachment 447550
Babies ready to go, need to transplant asap! couple diff OGs, couple diff wifis, couple diff cookies, my LAD @soserthc1 , unleaded OG
View attachment 447551
quik shot of my 4k room that i plan on retiring soon!
View attachment 447552
OG but i cant say which one haha.
View attachment 447553

thanks for checking in guys and gals. I plan on starting a new thread for this room called My Breaking BAD moment, keep an eye out.

confu

Sorry to hear this wanna talk i too lost kidney that was cancerous u need any help otherwise room looks great .. happy growing soon ... M

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Are u building a entire new ceiling ? And why?

Sorry to hear this wanna talk i too lost kidney that was cancerous u need any help otherwise room looks great .. happy growing soon ... M

Hey @Medusa hope all is well wit u ive been stalking ur threads, everything lookin good!
I built a cieling mostly for smell control and also insulation/sealed environment.

I was able to keep the kidneys they jus took a peice of one that had the Borg aka cancer. I'm pretty young and my family has no history of cancer so I think I jus need to slo down and stress less and eat better. I wanna take a round of Phoenix tears as a prcaution but I don't make concentrates myself and don't wanna do it with bho. I don't anyone that runs concentrates with alcohol. all in all im good, seemed like the cancer thing bugged my friends n family more than me. My uncle always tells me, "u gotta kick it out if it don't pay rent" so that's how I felt bout the tumor. I was a lil worried bout chemo but luckily that's not a issue at this point.
Thanks for the support Hun.

Confu.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Sorry to hear of your issues bro , but glad all is good , I took tend to not worry about things I can't control but you will be in my prayers bro that the shit stays away ,

As far as the spackling and taping and painting I would go with the mindset if your gonna do the shit might as well do it right , thou your prob drained on energy now but just finish it out correctly IMHO

Best of luck bro
Blessings

soserthc1

soserthc1

@Confuten1 gonna have to give that lad a run as I'm in need a beast in my rotation , get yourself good and give me a holler ......btw I like og's too but only holding sky and Tahoe currently ;)

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Sorry to hear of your issues bro , but glad all is good , I took tend to not worry about things I can't control but you will be in my prayers bro that the shit stays away ,

As far as the spackling and taping and painting I would go with the mindset if your gonna do the shit might as well do it right , thou your prob drained on energy now but just finish it out correctly IMHO

Best of luck bro
Blessings

ty bro , i appriciate ur prayers man. I really want to sand and paint vs jus panda, but since this is my first real drywall and mudding and mud was put on real thick, the sanding will take F_O_R_E_V_E_R im give it a go with an electric sander and c how long it takes, if its too long, panda will be going up. Im running out of time.

i got some cutts to shoot u bro, if u dont here back frm me im a couple weeks, send me a pm. I need to veg em out to take cutts frm first. @soserthc1

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Stoked to see you doing such big things Confuten!! Best of luck moving forward

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Stoked to see you doing such big things Confuten!! Best of luck moving forward
I'm more stoked u got ur degree man, congrats on that!! Ty man, I started a new thread called My breaking badiment for this build out, stop by sometime. I always appriciate ur scientific opinion on things.

@Garden of Dreams
Lol, they not organic tho homie. U gotta show me the way. Haha. Hope all is well with u. Glad to c getting the seed thing poppin, and did I hear right that A1 is back in the mix. U taking pre orders, cause u know I wann n first in line. My best rinds were wit A1!

Confu

Top Bottom