Building up fungi resistant plants???

• Thread starter dutchman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dutchman

Friends had a big problem with Fusarium infections of their plants, most probably transmitted from basil/ tomatoes. The AK 47 mother plants died but before they were dead they decideded in an act of pure desperation to take some clones from the wrecks. They looked horrible but managed to root after a while and did not grow at all and where nearly dead. They sprayed them heavily with copper and after many weeks they began to grow in a kind of "bonsai" style. Now they look a bit strange, small with many branches but they seem to be totally fungus free and healthy.

We hope this is way to create fungus resistant t strains.

WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS UPLOADING FILES HERE???????

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This could prove to be a good thread. I've responded to you in your other thread in help, suggestions and feedback, but it's a problem only logic or TECK can address.

D

dutchman

Friends had a big problem with Fusarium infections of their plants, most probably transmitted from basil/ tomatoes. The AK 47 mother plants died but before they were dead they decideded in an act of pure desperation to take some clones from the wrecks. They looked horrible but managed to root after a while and did not grow at all and where nearly dead. They sprayed them heavily with copper and after many weeks they began to grow in a kind of "bonsai" style. Now they look a bit strange, small with many branches but they seem to be totally fungus free and healthy.

We hope this is way to create fungus resistant t strains.

WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS UPLOADING FILES HERE???????

Try it this way. That is the AK47 plant grown from a nearly dead fungus infested clone.....
bill1%20016.jpg

D

dutchman

They looked horrible but managed to root after a while and did not grow at all and where nearly dead. They sprayed them heavily with copper and after many weeks they began to grow in a kind of "bonsai" style. Now they look a bit strange, small with many branches but they seem to be totally fungus free and healthy.

This is the kali Mist grown from nearly dead fungus clones. We believe they are fungus free, but the look a bit strang and growth pattern is difernet from normal cannabis plants
bill1%20017.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yay! You're uploading pix! It looks like the plants have been being foliared, some sort of residue on the leaves? Are they being treated at all, or left to their own devices, so to speak? Resistant strains are important to have in the repertoire. Thanks for this.

D

dutchman

Yay! You're uploading pix! It looks like the plants have been being foliared, some sort of residue on the leaves? Are they being treated at all, or left to their own devices, so to speak? Resistant strains are important to have in the repertoire. Thanks for this.

No, I am using another guys server for inserting pics....pain in the ass....

Yes we sprayed the sick clones heavily with a copper formula. Copper seems to inhibit Fusarium growth but can not heal it. That is the white stuff. They were complete little cripples. After about 6 weeks they began to develop many little branches and maged to grow again without any signs of fungal yet. Now they are a kind of bonsai hemp plnats with many branches. We never thought they would EVER grow again.

But you can not do that with grown plants. We were taking clones from sick and dying plants.

This is just an experiment and we don't now what is coming out of it but maybe it is a way to create Fusarium resitant plants.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like experimentation. I can tell you that clones taken from plants infested with root aphids just never do well, remain spindly and sickly. Cuttings taken from those don't root well and are similarly quite weak and just never seem to grow out of it. I'm looking forward to the results, ESPECIALLY if you're successful with this.

Interesting, the cupric formulations I've used have always been a very brilliant (and pretty) blue. Always leave residue.

I've contacted logic and TECK about your photo uploading problems, too, btw.

D

dutchman

I like experimentation. I can tell you that clones taken from plants infested with root aphids just never do well, remain spindly and sickly. Cuttings taken from those don't root well and are similarly quite weak and just never seem to grow out of it. I'm looking forward to the results, ESPECIALLY if you're successful with this.

Interesting, the cupric formulations I've used have always been a very brilliant (and pretty) blue. Always leave residue.

I've contacted logic and TECK about your photo uploading problems, too, btw.

Thanks man!:)

I don't know about the kali Mist but I am pretty sure the AK 47 will do well, she is very much alive!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm sorry, I did not flesh out that thought well at all. May I claim the excuse of having a giant box of fun in the dining room, in the form of baby chickens? Their antics, you see, distract me every time.

My point about the RA infected plants never coming out of 'it' was that the plants you're showing look much better than what I witnessed/experienced & observed working with close to a dozen different strains that had experienced RA infestation. So I can see you doing much better with regard to finding the plant that's resistant.

Top Bottom