Burn or deficiency? First timer

• Thread starter Lockeboxgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
strider26554

strider26554

Awesome thank you for the info that actually clears a lot up for me. I was supplying nutes at the manufacturers' recommendations like you said but have recently reduced the amount and will continue to adjust it.

Due to my budget I'm sorta stuck with the light situation for now but atleast I know
Just a chime in from an old head,,,,, lights. I have done grows with not much more than you currently have, but I was not surprised when my plants appeared similar to yours, actually I was impressed they looked as good as they did. You can grow smokable bud with your lights, but you could grow some awesome weed with the RIGHT lights.

D

Dugplug

Can anyone clear up wattage equivalent vs actual wattage draw for me?

I'm aware that the actual wattage draw Is the amount of watts being pulled from the wall to power the light. 9 looking at my purple light.

I know that wattage equivalent is supposed to be the amount of light energy being produced and put off by the individual LEDs in the light combined. 60 for my purple light so I imagine maybe 20 individual LEDs each rated for 3W totaling 60w equivalent.

I also know these numbers are 100% balls to the wall for the LEDs and that they will probably never run that intense, they just have the potential to.

I guess my main question is why is it more important to look at wattage draw vs wattage equivalent? In the light like mentioned earlier, the actual draw is 150 watts. But the light also includes a fan to cool the system which would eat from that 150 watts of power so you're left with less for the lights themselves in theory right?

I know that light kicks all of mines ass but wouldn't it be possible for a light with a higher wattage draw to be less efficient and produce less usable light than a smaller more effective light regardless of actual power drawn?

Long mess of a question but I just can't seem to get to the bottom of LEDs, thanks for all the help and info. Not trying to be stubborn just trying to learn haha
Because 300 actual watts for an LED is bright

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Just a chime in from an old head,,,,, lights. I have done grows with not much more than you currently have, but I was not surprised when my plants appeared similar to yours, actually I was impressed they looked as good as they did. You can grow smokable bud with your lights, but you could grow some awesome weed with the RIGHT lights.
Hey thanks for the feedback, it's cool hearing from people relating to my setup and remembering back to when they started and what not. I like the way you said that, I think I've had too high of expectations and should be proud of what I've done with what I've got

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Went ahead and stacked some books under my plants to get them closer to the light, hopefully that won't be too close. from what everyones saying I don't think it will be
IMG 20220509 180858675 HDR

T

Topsrite

first off you need the proper light spectrum..
if you feel like you’ll become a grower than buy high quality lights..
Better lights is always a good thing, but that’s not the cause here. I’d use coco if you want to learn how to use nutes.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Better lights is always a good thing, but that’s not the cause here. I’d use coco if you want to learn how to use nutes.
Cool thanks for the suggestion! I definitely plan to venture into and explore using Coco in the future

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

You could spend around $35 on Amazon and get a cheap 1000 quantum board that would blow what you currently have away with enough of full spectrum light to power those plants from start to finish.
Yeah I think that's definitely a good idea considering I've got some White Widow seedlings going right now and I want to have a good light/setup for them when they're ready. Where I live it's kind of hard to order online do you know of any big stores that might have something like that?

D

Dugplug

Yeah I think that's definitely a good idea considering I've got some White Widow seedlings going right now and I want to have a good light/setup for them when they're ready. Where I live it's kind of hard to order online do you know of any big stores that might have something like that?
Cost is at least 200 dollars for a half decent light

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Get something like this. This is a good price at $69. I have two of these and I paid like $120 a piece. Two add up to 300w but I've only ever used 200w for photo flower. One is certainly enough to grow a plant. Look at my latest auto grow. I only used 105w @ 20h

^^^link
If I do manage to get a new light I'll probably try to get this one I think, thanks again to habo for pointing it out to me

Blastfact

Blastfact

If I do manage to get a new light I'll probably try to get this one I think, thanks again to habo for pointing it out to me
You hold tight young man. I'm going to get you a light. PM me your info and let me see what I can do. I remember being a young man,,, working my ass off and not being able to polish a turd no mater how hard I worked while always trying to do the right thing. You use your limited funds to get a few other simple tools you need like a pH meter and such. Forget coco for right now and learn the basics in dirt and get some good bud.... Old man got your back. Hope your in the USA....

Latest posts

Top Bottom